⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

💌 Lives inbox capacity limit

Options

Answers

• moirakirstin
    moirakirstin Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options

150?, mine was 30 then it went to 50 but I don’t get anything above five. Why would they give different players different amounts unless you buy stuff from them with cash. I don’t know…

• sweepdodie
    sweepdodie Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited June 2022
    Options

IM 72 AND PLAYING CC I AM HOUSEBOUND, WHY O WHY, HAVE YOU LIMITED LIVES TO ME, IM NOT PLAYING FOR MONEY, JUST NOT FAIR.

• sianie84
    sianie84 Posts: 31 Level 2
    Options

i don’t have a clue to be honest. I haven’t paid cash for anything, the limit just appeared one day and it’s changed a few times if it’s own accord. It does seem very unfair to give people different limits, I agree with you there. Although looking back on earlier pages of this thread, some people have had limits removed.

I emailed king and asked if everyone had a limit or if it was only certain people and they refused to answer. They just said changes had been made to the game and that they are sure I will understand 🤨

• sianie84
    Options

Also in addition to the limit you can only receive 10% of your limit in lives each day. So if you limit is 50 you can only receive 5 extra lives per day

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,034 Legend
    Options

Same here Sianie. I originally had a limit of 80 that was increased to 150. It is now 100.

I asked the Moderators what theirs was as they tend to mysteriously miss out on the changes that negatively affect most of the other players.

• sianie84
    Options

It absolutely sucks doesn’t it😞the only reason I can think behind it is wanting people to buy lives… I won’t be doing that! Although the new limits will make me play less, so I suppose that’s a good thing😂🫣

• cutygrl00
    cutygrl00 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options

This is an extremely disappointing change, especially for those of us who have been playing a long time and have a good amount of friends and lives in their inbox. Once you reach a certain point, having these extra lives is a helpful tool in passing the increasingly challenging levels. After spending so long promoting this feature, even as recently as two weeks ago, this change absolutely feels like a money grab — one that places profits over players and negatively impacts the playing experiences and overall brand perception. It’s especially painful in a time where people are working harder than ever to make ends meet and games like this offer a few minutes of reprieve from the daily grind. 

I say this as someone who often makes weekly in-app purchases, an OG member of Royalty, and one of the players surveyed and focus-grouped about its creation. I have played this game forever. I am the reason many of my friends still play. My oldest daughter asked to be able to download Candy Crush for her 7th birthday and wants a candy themed party. It would have been hard for me to imagine not playing this game anymore, but this change really rubs me the wrong way and it’s becoming easier to hit the delete button and walk away. There is no other reason, besides choosing to squeeze players wallets tighter by forcing them to purchase lives in order to advance, that King would make this change. As others have mentioned, in trying to pass the higher levels, it’s easy to burn through 30-50+ lives on one level. Limiting the amount of lives sent/received from friends matters greatly with advanced gameplay. 

What’s worse is that Candy Crush heavily promoted the fact that making/inviting friends earns you lives/assists gameplay for so long that it’s become a well-known, frequently used incentive for players. As a result, millions of players have invited countless friends through social media, direct invites, word of mouth, etc and are directly responsible for them playing and growing the game. Candy Crush benefited tremendously from this and has made a fortune. The ONLY incentive and reward for players was the ability to send/receive unlimited lives. The players acted as trusted salesman to their friends and brought them into the fold. The ability to send/receive lives, without unnecessary limits, was our commission. That is a simple, incentivized, mutually beneficial transaction that makes sense. Capping it to increase profits from existing players, much like capping a salesman’s commission, eliminates that incentive and sours the relationship, trust, perception, and experience. It definitely doesn’t make good business sense. When apps move past their peak and experience declining profit and audience levels, the biggest mistake they can make is to source revenue on the backs of their existing player base. It’s the fastest way to become a dinosaur – an irrelevant icon of the past that forgot that pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered.

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,697 Community Hub Moderator
    Options

Hello there,

Welcome to the Community.

To provide you some insights regarding the limit of lives stored in the game's inbox, please read below, which is extracted from 💌 Lives inbox capacity limit.

You can verify your max limit by touching the mailbox icon and going to the Lives tab.

The number of friends asking for more lives is displayed to the left. Your stored lives/ inbox capacity are shown to the right.

If you have reached your peak you won’t receive more lives until there is some space in your inbox.

Any lives previously saved won’t be lost though, therefore your inbox can show more lives than the inbox limit.  

As soon as you played and used lives so you are under the limit, you can receive new lives sent from friends again.

If you still have any feedback or questions, please comment in 💌 Lives inbox capacity limit.

Thanks and have a nice day.

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,697 Community Hub Moderator
    Options

Hello there,

Please refer to this discussion ❌✉️ No Lives received/ inbox empty for more info.

I will request for this discussion to be transferred to the correct area.

Thank you 😊

• ejhawke
    ejhawke Posts: 33 Level 2
    Options

I think my friends gave up on me as I'm not even getting requests for lives now. My inbox has NOTHING! No lives, no requests, just nothing. I have my refill 5, that's it!

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?