Striped Candy Contest

Options
LAKato
LAKato Posts: 3 Newbie

Where are the results to this weekend's contest?  With a couple hours to go, I was in first, but when I checked Monday I did not see any prizes or results?  This seems to happen every other week :-/

Answers

• KateyB
    KateyB Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

This is the answer I received - which is WRONG - Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm afraid unless you were in the number 1 spot at the end of the challenge, it's quite likely you weren't in that position when the challenge ended.

I too played the challenge and found my score was beaten by over 1000 points in around an hour. Unfortunately, unless you receive a prize, you don't receive a notification of not placing in the winning positions.

We've lots of data back from the play styles we're seeing, and one of the common ones is players will indeed jump into the challenge quite late in the day. Deeper analysis shows that this occurs due to time-zone changes and we do see waves of players in the USA scoring high and moving quickly, then when the time zone changes the same occurs in different continents such as Europe.

In addition, some players leave it til quite in the day to jump in (for reasons it's not quite clear as to yet, maybe it's just something they put on the back burner). It's quite common for players to ignore a challenge with '48 hours to go', but it somehow 'whet their whistle' when it says 'Only 3 hours left!'.

I hope this reassures you of the integrity of the challenge on our operational side. Unfortunately what we can't govern or be responsible-for is the unexpected and sometimes erratic play-styles of our gamers!

Kind regards,

GiselleKing Customer Care

• LAKato
    LAKato Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Are you saying that Giselle's answer to you in incorrect?  If so, I agree Because a) I was in first with only a couple hours left in the competition and b) in the past I have been able to view the results of the contest regardless of if I placed in top 3 (which makes sense...if three people bump me from first to fourth, I would like to see the point totals).

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?