⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Candy Crush Saga is taking up almost a half gig of memory and 20 mins to load - help?

Options
Morgan_Clements
Morgan_Clements Posts: 2 Newbie

Candy Crush Saga in FB is taking up almost half a gig of memory since the new rollout - 451K before playing a single game and over 600k when playing a game- it also takes 20-40 minutes to load. This is in Chrome. It slows down everything else on FB and my computer. The new look/graphics/presentation is horrible too, and very slow - some of the games are now glitchy. Anything I can do or should I just stop playing? It was fine the way it was, they fixed something that wasn't broken.

Answers

• KingsPinn
    KingsPinn Posts: 3,526 Level 2
    Options

I've read about the HTML5 change here: 

https://care.king.com/en/blog/article/is-your-browser-ready-for-html5 

I only had an issue loading the game when I had a lot of tabs open, so maybe check this. 

• Morgan_Clements
    Morgan_Clements Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Thanks - I use Chrome which is HTML5 ready - in fact it is Google which is forcing the industry to switch to HTML5 from Flash. Their claim is "less intensive on your computer, which will make your games run faster! " but that doesn't appear to be the case. They also say "HTML5 is a newer technology that is faster, more efficient and more secure for you and your devices" but their implementation for Candy Crush Saga is most certainly not faster or more efficient. After 2250 levels played it looks like it is time to end the addiction and move on. Thanks for trying to help.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?