New Feature - Replacing Cherries with Dragons!

Options

Comments

• Shellbell901
    Shellbell901 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I prefer the Dragons over the Cherries

I like the dragons, i was confused at first but within minutes I decided I liked them better lol. They’re so cute 🥺

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,567 Level 5
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I prefer the Cherries over the Dragons

As I saw is not same to collect them. All this changes make the game totally different. instead to solve the problems you change them.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,858 Sweet Legend
    Options
    I prefer the Dragons over the Cherries

Yesterday I had the dragon in the game for the first time. I found it a relief. It was funny and a lot more fun.

The cherries are still in the box of chocolates. It would be nice if it was changed to dragons. Otherwise it would be irritating.

@Novapichu

• snakegore999
    snakegore999 Posts: 515 Level 3
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I don't have it yet but I would love to have it

As more and more players are getting the dragons, I've been wanting to ask the developers why on earth Denize was created for this game, and yet I have received no answer...This has been a mystery for a decade!

@Novapichu , do you happen to know anything about her conceptual origins?

• SigmaMMX
    SigmaMMX Posts: 331 Level 3
    Options

@snakegore999

No popup appeared on them, and I don't know what sound they make because I play without sound.

• TanteTina
    TanteTina Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options

Hi there,

I dìd get the Gummi Dragons, in level 13850. It took a bit of time to learn how to get them off the board. But when they were announced in the game, the added instruction was "remove candy surrounding the dragons to remove them". That wasn't true !

I tried removing them this way a few times, and when it didn't function like that, I looked at this posting in the King Community. It said: they are like Berries, so I figured out I had to remove them the same way, by dropping them of the bottom of the board. And this turned out to be the way to remove them.

So my advice to the good people of King: remove that incorrect instruction when announcing the Gummie Dragons, and replace it with correct instructions please !

Then, on a more positive note: I dò like the Gummi Dragons, and I like them better then the Berries. Can't exactly tell why, but it was nice to have a new type of challenge, and they change the "look and feel" of the game. And they just look darn cute too :).

Greetings from Holland,

TT

• snakegore999
    edited April 2023
    Options

Judging from a fresh batch of YouTube videos that show the dragon hatchlings in action, I've determined that the hatchlings themselves are silent. One video showed a brief tutorial message about them at the start of a level, shown below:

Did you see any message about the hatchlings when you started up the game - as opposed to starting a level?

• snakegore999
    Options

Here's a still image from a YouTube video that shows the hatchling tutorial. Here, it says that they needed to be dropped off the board. Did you see it?

• snakegore999
    edited April 2023
    Options

After I got word that these hatchlings were called "gummi dragons" (note the sensational spelling), I've come to conclude that they are a better visual replacement for the cherries (despite them looking more like Western dragons instead of the Eastern dragon Izzy is), particularly because the game establishes them to be made out of gummies, which are actual candies. While cherries have been typically seen put atop ice cream sundaes - I don't think they fit with the sweet theme of this game. Besides, THESE HATCHLINGS ARE CUTE! Especially when the game assures them that they'll land softly once they're off the board! I hope this change is permanent!

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options
    I prefer the Cherries over the Dragons

Oh for god sake, the art style doesn't even match with the rest of the candies.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?