We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Black screens when loading on face book

Caryn_Merritt
Caryn_Merritt Posts: 19 Level 2

I still have a black screen on my facebook game of Candy Crush and Candy Crush Soda. Don't know how to fix this. I'm on Firefox Mozilla. Every time it loads it goes black.Need help.

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,425 Pet Rescue Moderator

Hi Caryn, thank you for posting.

AT this time google chrome is the better choice for playing games on, but it can often depend on your windows version, memory and graphics card too.

Have you tried it on chrome? If you have windows 10, gameroom is good as well for playing games in and often works better.

• Caryn_Merritt
    Caryn_Merritt Posts: 19 Level 2

Hi Caryn, thank you for posting.

AT this time google chrome is the better choice for playing games on, but it can often depend on your windows version, memory and graphics card too.

Have you tried it on chrome? If you have windows 10, gameroom is good as well for playing games in and often works better.

As of now I am playing on Goggle Chrome, but like to get back on Mozilla Firefox if some one can help me fix this problem with a black screen after it loads on facebook. I've been playing for a long time on Mozilla Firefox for 4 years with no problem till now. Need some one help! All my other games load with no problem. Thank you if some one can help.
  • Lady_Choo

Hi Caryn, I will ask one of the team if there is a reason why it plays better on chrome. I do know with each update of the browser like Firefox, they update things to make it better for the users, but I rarely find it so. Have you checked out the help faqs on Firefox too?

I have a couple of links you might find useful and if you have any add ons or themes, its always a good idea to disable those. I used to use it but it got so full of clutter with all the stuff Mozilla added on, Facebook wouldn't load properly. 

Problems on firefox

Firefox black screen

More black screen

• Dave_Jones-2
    Dave_Jones-2 Posts: 1 Newbie

had the same issue with the newest firefox update. so I started using the pale moon web browser and no issues

• Lady_Choo

Thanks Dave, I might have to give it a try...FF is getting so slow for me!

• Suke
    Suke Posts: 1 Newbie

I use Firefox - did this below and all okay now

Turning off hardware acceleration Click the menu button and choose Options. Select the General panel. Under Performance, clear the Use recommended performance settings checkbox. Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.

Click the Firefox menu , then click Exit.

Start Firefox normally.Disabling WebGL

In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.

The about:config"This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. ClickI accept the risk! to continue to the about:config page. In theFilter box, typewebgl.disabled. Doubleclick on thewebgl.disabled item to switch it totrue.

Click the Firefox menu , then click Exit.

Start Firefox normally.

• Lady_Choo

Thank you Suke! Saved this and going to pass it over to the team to see if it will help :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?