⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 184 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I think that after 10 years CC wants to close their game down and that is why they are doing all these strange (experiments???) First it was not opting out of CR, than the thing with the bulk lives and now this stupid portrait mode and removing all the pictures of the avatars, now all you see is a blank screen weird. I do not think that the people at King read these comments as nothing gets done all the do is trial more strange things to drive more people away, so I think they just want cc to die, and all the players to give up and go away. I play on my home computer but even on that portrait mode is really annoying and hurts my eyes. So this may be the end of CC, all the geeks have lost their mind and do not know what they are doing anymore. King can probably not pay for any good workers, so they can only scrape the bottom of the barrel with the worst people that they can get.

• tinat10
    tinat10 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

Please bring back the landscape option. I really don’t like playing it on portrait for several reasons. It’s completely spoilt my enjoyment after all these years. Such a shame.

• Sabrina_Spellman
    Sabrina_Spellman Posts: 246 Level 3
    edited June 2023
    Options

Unfortunately, King removed Landscape Mode for CCS along with new Map is rolling out all players on June 15th.

New Map cannot be Landscape Mode, just Portrait Mode only. Previously Landscape Mode for Old Map only. King removed Landscape Mode is due to New Map can't handle Landscape Mode support.

Soda and Jelly Saga is still available on Landscape Mode (e.g. iPad with connect Keyboard), except CC Friends Saga uses Portrait Mode only same as CCS (removed since June 15th).

CCS and CCFS uses Portrait Mode only same as Other King Games such as BW3S, DDS etc.

Instead of CCS or CCFS, Use Play Candy Crush Soda or Candy Crush Jelly with Landscape Mode on iPad or Windows 10/11 PC or Browser with Facebook.

• schmudel
    schmudel Posts: 112 Level 3
    edited June 2023
    Options

Last few days the direction is not to change

• vreem
    vreem Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

Since this is a Community forum and not sure how much "impact" it has to King itself in terms if they read it all, here the link to King Support. Just copy and paste this in your browser: I'm not allowed to post full links here since I'm not a member here long enough:

soporto.king.com/contact

For the platform they only mention Facebook and mobile, so if on another platform just mention that in the description. I think that if we use both this forum and use the contact form, it has just that little bit more exposure. So let them know your portrait complaint here too!

Here I deleted CCS from my PC cause it's just way to weird and small to play.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,055 Level 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

Everyone has this problem now. Some of us have had it since April. Please write an email to Support to complain. The more complaints they get the more chances there are of it getting changed back. This is a deliberate but hugely unpopular change King has decided to make.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,055 Level 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

@QueenB are any of the moderators reading all these comments and feeding them back to the team? The outcry is huge, even compared to last time when I complained about it back in April. How can a game this big so actively discourage play on iPads and computers? You can't just ignore the complaints and hope it will all fizzle away. This sort of change will put off potential newcomers as well. This is the worst decision of all the bad decisions King have made in the past few years. In fact we haven't yet had an explanation as to WHY King decided to change the game to all portrait only. It makes no sense!

• aaucott
    aaucott Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape Landscape

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 184 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

KING CHANGED TO PORTRAIT ONLY BECAUSE THEY HATE US ALL AND WANT US TO QUIT SO THEY CAN CANCEL THE GAME.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?