⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 186 Level 2
    Options

Yes, they are crazy I play on my PC windows 10 and they changed it last week without warning. I played for awhile in the afternoon it was fine, went back later in the day and it had changed to portrait mode. Really really HATE it. It seems that the developers do not care about what the players want they just do what they want. If the developers had any brains they should be able to let players choose what mode they like to play in, but obviously the aren't to smart and can not do it.

• LizzieHeat
    LizzieHeat Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

Good news! The change to portrait mode has reduced my screen time by hours! I hardly ever play Candy crush anymore as iPad is too heavy to hold in portrait mode. So well done! I have spent no money and will not again. I have enjoyed freeing myself from the game and not got sucked in. Play it once and then put it away. What you have done is a great way to include all people - NOT. You have disenfranchised many who play on an iPad because portrait mode just does not work.

Folks enjoy the freedom, put your device down, don’t spend money and look at the wonder of nature instead, less headaches and more fresh air and a healthier purse can only be a GOOD thing!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,131 Level 5
    Options

That is a good idea @firefox111 to encourage everyone to write one star reviews in the App Store. Unfortunately I daren't do this myself because I fear my previous review, which is currently second displayed in the UK App Store, will disappear from view in its prime position. I've had that happen to me once before when I updated a review, and it took loads of edits to get back onto the front page. I wish I could update it though, as I would certainly not give the game 3 stars any more. Since portrait only I hardly play at all, so unplayable equates to zero stars.

• Alaskagirl11
    Alaskagirl11 Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I would not expect any answers. My iPad has the keyboard cover in landscape orientation as I use it for work as well as personal tasks. Why would I keep flipping it back and forth (sometimes I sneak in a game or two during work) from landscape to portrait taking it in and out of the cover just to play CCS? NOPE. I’m done playing CCS unless they fix this. So is it a test or permanent? I think it is permanent as it’s clear they do NOT listen to their customer base. I even sent a complaint via “contact us” at the bottom of this page days ago and they have not even bothered to reply other than the canned message saying we’ll get back to you.

AND WHO DOES TESTING IN PRODUCTION??? If this is truly a test, do it in a development environment with a small group of users who are expecting the change/feature!!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,131 Level 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

Have they not changed your PC to portrait only yet? I believe the image stays upright but becomes ridiculously small.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,994 Level 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

@christinewupp No, my PC still has old design and I hope it stays that way.It is about time King employed competent designers.

• Karenr2
    Karenr2 Posts: 56 Level 2
    Options

I had already changed my review to one star and have just edited it again to emphasise the reason for the low rating. I then went through other reviews on the game and if they mentioned landscape/portrait,marked them as helpful in the hope it brings them to the top (couldn't work out the order of the reviews inGoogle play store, the dates were all over the place, had to go through a load of 2022 reviews before getting to more 2023 ones) - however unlike other games, the CCS developers don't reply so there is no way of knowing if they are read.

• AhhMissDee
    AhhMissDee Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Thanks for the great idea. I have just left my scathing review. Obviously they are not listening to the players. Hands up anyone who actually likes the change? I’ll wait ……. and wait …… Oh, what? Nobody? Call me surprised.

• SXA
    SXA Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

If our voice is being heard, then hear this! I hate portrait mode, I’ve been playing for years & never before had a reason to join this forum but this is awful, it’s cumbersome & awkward to play in portrait mode on an iPad. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK SO WE CAN PLAY ON LANDSCAPE MODE.

• Alaskagirl11
    Alaskagirl11 Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Great idea firefox111, I have left a 1 star review (wish it could be 0 stars) and also marked any review complaining about losing landscape mode as helpful. Sadly, these developers do NOT respond to any reviews in the store.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?