when did candy crush become so impossible???

Options
Pandora90
Pandora90 Posts: 6 Level 2

I am on level 14293, and I have been stuck on it for the past week!

there is absolutely no way to win anything - boosters, gold bars, races!

it seems every level needs gold bars to get through, which I have none of these left!

I used to really enjoy this game, its tag line Is 'swipe the stress away'. It is, in my opinion, one of the most frustrating games I have come across!

I am so close to just deleting the game altogether.

is there anybody else that is having similar issues?

Comments

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 538 Level 3
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yes. Am on 14218. Game has gotten ridiculously difficult.

Just a thought to King, we all know you want us to pay real money, but have you thought that maybe if you made levels less than impossible, some would MAYBE pay to play? I certainly wouldn't, but if you'd bring back the sheer enjoyment of the game, maybe, just maybe more people would pay real $.

Just a thought. Way it is now, these impossible levels are making people quit! Think about it and read what players are posting.

BTW, utube videos don't help anymore. For example, 14218, they have 35 moves where I have 23. So, don't bother watching them. No help at all.

Have a good day.

• dkarycki
    dkarycki Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I totally agree. I have played for many years. I am at level 11372 and accidentally tapped a purchase. I was able to stop it because I didn’t want to spend money and they removed my ability to use videos for extra moves anyway. That makes progress at this level impossible. I am done.

• Afroze20
    Afroze20 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

As you climb the stages are getting difficult. They are using so many tricks to purchase the gold.

I think im loosing my interest in the game. Going to unstall soon

• Yuuup
    Yuuup Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options

They do not care, it's all about the bottom line. They advertise joy, happy happy but when you play soon you learn a lesson in business 101. I would not recommend this game to anyone. Almost at the end of the line and will not be waiting for anymore new levels.

• SuzanneB
    SuzanneB Posts: 135 Level 2
    Options

They've been doing this for a while. If nobody's buying boosters or gold bars to finish a level they say it is too easy, then they take away enough moves so it is near impossible without help or waiting to get a 'lucky board'.

The only time I spend money is when they had a 99 cent special and I got boosters and an entire hour of play for that 99cents. I enjoyed that. There's been 99 cents specials since they've forced portrait mode on us and I skipped it because I cannot play portrait mode. Their loss.

• stevethomas3838
    stevethomas3838 Posts: 82 Level 2
    Options

Understand the frustration, the fun is gone when you have to pay to pass a level, can’t do that anymore! I’ll have to spend my entertainment dollars elsewhere!

• stevethomas3838
    stevethomas3838 Posts: 82 Level 2
    Options

Candy Royale is a great way to obtain gold bars, as long as you pay to keep your win streak alive! Love it!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,297 Level 5
    Options

So you pay money to earn pretend gold? Or at best you pay pretend gold to win pretend gold? Not my idea of fun.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,297 Level 5
    Options

It think it all started during lockdown. They saw people stuck at home with nothing to do and thought, "How can we profit from that?". I remember this well. They decided to give everyone a "gift" of indefinite lives for something like 12 hours, and at the same time made levels harder to win. A combination that pays off: Frustration rather than relaxation. Players stuck on a level would pay to pass on: Gold, money.... It's been like that ever since. Only now they have changed from giving indefinite lives to timed boosters, which seem to pay better off for them. Either way this game has become a frustration machine using whatever method they can think of to frustrate and coerce addicted players into spending money.

And as soon as anyone is having fun playing again, they take away whatever it was that made the game enjoyable. Anyone at the higher levels who never spends money on the game, why would they care about us?

• TitanCrusher
    TitanCrusher Posts: 365 Level 3
    Options

Good points. I am only at level 7,000 but I have read the feedback from players at the highest levels. It’s obvious that the strategy is to make the new level extremely difficult and force the players who have been at it many years to pay.

King is obviously fine with people getting frustrated and quitting when they are at the 14k levels. They want players to either pay or go away. I have never spent a $1 and never will.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?