Growbot

2»

Comments

• Brian_Cronin
    Brian_Cronin Posts: 32 Level 2

I don't talk about the game with my wife at all, as, well, who the heck wants to hear about Candy Crush, ya know? But this was so astonishingly stupid that I just had to explain it to her just how dumb this was.

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 554 Level 3
    edited July 2023

Yep, stupidist thing King has come up with by far! Hopefully @Brian_Cronin your wife understood, and maybe chuckled?

I know I to laugh because this game drives me nuts!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,066 Legend
    edited July 2023

No @christinewupp I still don't think you were right. Some people that play this game are still asking what the Choc Box task with a pink symbol and a tick in means, or how the Frog works when they are on level 3000+. The fact that a few people don't understand the graphics doesn't make it misleading.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,650 Level 5

There is no way this is misleading, it shows exactly what you need to spend. And @Alienscar like @Kerrie I've never spent any money on this game. As you can see 3 days in and I'm still ignoring it.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,066 Legend

Well @Carol-38 I have got eight gold bars and have had so all this week, so I couldn't use the Growbot even if I wanted to. Spending 105 (or more depending on the version a player has) gold bars seems a lot to me, but I have only ever had gold that I have won. The version of the Growbot that requires you to spend 800 gold bars in six days surely can't be aimed at players that don't pay as I have never accumulated that amount of gold in a week.

My worry about the Growbot is that it might be indicative of how King wants the game to develop. That is, is the Growbot a sign that King is changing the game so that the people with gold are the people that will get the most out of it.

• Carol-38

Who knows @Alienscar what King have up their sleeve. So much is changing and sadly not for the better. I'm getting to the stage where I'm not really that bothered anymore. I've had many friends who have just stopped playing, mainly because strategy has gone out of the window, it's just clear blockers, blockers that re-block, skulls and keys that can't be reached in moves given etc. etc. Yes players need gold to move forward on so many levels and ways of getting it now is being made more and more difficult. I have managed to get gold from episode races and being the skinflint I am, hold on to them as much as I can. Definitely wouldn't spend them to get back what is being offered. So much for surveys put out re the new map and blockers, no notice gets taken of them. Guess we'll just have to see how it pans out in the future, then decide if it's still worth it.

• MonicaYellow
    MonicaYellow Posts: 693 Level 3

It looks King is testing 2 versions for this new feature Gold Bar Growbot:

Version 1

Version 2

I only got Version 1, and it was quite clear to me that the promotion was :

• Spend 400, get 25 extra,
    • Top up spending to 550, get another 25 extra,
    • Final topping up to 800, get 50 more.
    • For a total spent of 800, get a total of 100 as rebate.

I read from another thread of discussions posted here a few days ago at the launch of this promotion. that some players thought it was spending 25 gold bars to get 400.

Since I wanted to top up my stock of Striped Brushes, (lately I have found them to be rather useful, in combinations with color bomb or wrapped candy), I decided to test whether my understanding was correct and went ahead to take advantage of this promotion. It's a win-win situation for me: I need to top up my boosters, with or without the promotion , and I'm getting a rebate of 100 gold bars as well.

But don't spend simply to get the rebate.

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,873 Level 5

I think at first glance I saw what I wanted to see.🤣

I know better than that. Some of the reason I don't play anymore.

• Carol-38

Now that would be the day @Kerrie King giving us 105 gold for spending 20 and even better 800 for spending 50. They won't even give us 25 for passing old levels anymore 😣 I've definitely changed the way I play and with the horrible new map etc am slowly being put off.

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,873 Level 5

Ha ha ha... @Carol-38 there was nothing slow about the new map putting me off. When my accounts got it I stopped playing I don't even sign in every day to get boosters anymore.😂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?