Frustrated Beyond Belief - time to quit?

Options

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,297 Level 5
    Options

This is turning into an interesting discussion. It's what this forum is all about, great.

@cookiemae I believe you about not being a cheater or affiliated with King. You are lucky that your account is being favoured by the King. It may even be because of your positive remarks in the community, if your community and game accounts are linked. (That is one reason I have NOT linked my accounts, because I don't want what I write here to affect what events I get in the game)

@Rhonda_L There are different playing styles and I believe Cookiemae because of this. For example Scooterpie who posts in the latest release section also seems to always pass the new levels eventually without playing hardly any boosters because that is the way she enjoys the game. Doing so these players obviously invest a huge amount of time into the game, for which I would not have the patience. So I play very differently. I buy boosters, use them to keep my win streak and rush through the levels in one episode over one hour in one or two settings so that I win the episode race for 45 more gold. As you know, eventually the game will let you pass a level by offering you a ridiculous amount of moves for 10 gold. Those of us who have amassed a stash of gold can therefore progress in the game without paying any real money. That is why some players are still up there and enjoying the game. It is perfectly possible to get lots of gold early on in the game.

One feature that helps is the "lucky board" phenomenon. I have seen this in other logins I have tried, especially in the levels up to 2000. If you view the Johnny Crush videos, he knows how to wait for a lucky board and then take advantage of it, and that is why he manages to always post videos using no boosters, up to level 10,000 I think. Until about six months ago I got a lucky board like that in the higher levels, eventually, if I played long enough. After that they stopped altogether. But there ARE players posting here who claim that all levels can eventually be passed. I suspect this is because King favour some accounts and still give them lucky boards to let them pass, even in the newly released levels. It is all in the algorithm. So these players aren't liars or dishonest players, they are lucky to be treated by King to an easier version of the game. The starting boards and moves always looks the same for everyone, but don't be fooled: The algorithm that decides how long it takes to pass is more complicated than that and there are different versions for different players, just like some players get events and others don't.

• christinewupp
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Rhonda_L to post a screenshot go into the second icon just below the comment box you write in, the one next to the smilie that looks like a landscape. This allows you to pick an image from your photo library. To take a screenshot, now that depends on your device. I only know how to do this on an Apple device.

• MonicaYellow
    MonicaYellow Posts: 693 Level 3
    Options

Interesting thread as it evolves.

Let's look at level 14470. My starting board on 23 June, with my usual starting bundle of boosters + a free timed UFO, with 38 moves. Completed easily.

Now my other account, on 12 July, with the usual starting bundle of boosters, but only 28 moves. No problem there either.

It's obvious just less than 3 weeks after release, 10 moves have been cut.

Reason? Pl read comments from@QueenB

I managed to complete both at 1st try, with the help of boosters. It's not possible for me to play a level without boosters, my ongoing win streak gives me some starting boosters to begin with. I wonder how @cookiemae completes every level without booster, or is it without additional booster. Perhaps show us the full starting board?

"All levels are passable"

Does it mean at first try, with boosters, gold bars for additional moves, or eventually?

My challenge has been to pass at 1st try, with boosters and gold bars, if need be, to keep my win streak progress.

I have been lucky as a long-time player, storing up boosters and gold bars when King was generous in gifting, eg. when Sam gave real Party Poppers, when gold bars were in choc box.

• christinewupp
    Options

Thanks for sharing. Your starting board has three extra moves, from the top win streak as well, @MonicaYellow . The real number of moves is 25 for level 14470 now. Yes, those were the days....

• Molly6321
    Molly6321 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I guess I'm a wimp. I've been stuck at 8129 for 2 weeks with 12 gold bars. I've asked the developers to bring back Sweet Cinema, but no response yet on that subject. Would like to watch ads to get boosters, but after paying for boosters and gold bars, sweet Cinema disappeared. I even miss the balloon that you could watch ads for a booster.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 637 Level 3
    edited July 2023
    Options

I play only newly released levels those levels most of the time will have more moves. Yes I do consider myself as a top player or a super user.on the gold bars I have a massive amount of those. I prefer not to say how many because that will become another issue on thus feed. I will say I was one of the people that won the winter cup and get 100 bars per month until December from king.on trolling I don't know what you mean I have been a member of this forum since I retired in 2015. And have played candy crush since the start on Facebook.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 637 Level 3
    Options

I complete with only starting boosters. Yes my challenge playing this game is like you that is to complete on 1st try.I as well have played CC since the beginning so like you I was there when king was more generous allowing me to store massive boosters and gold.

• MonicaYellow
    Options

"Being at the top of the game when new levels are released I usually have about 38-40 moves available to me"

Your comment got me to check my "level starting boards" folder, as it's my modus operandi to take screenshot of starting board of each new level before I start playing the level, and taking notes after I complete each one.

I have been in the club of crushers who await the release of the weekly new episodes for a rather long time. Usually I'd complete all 45 levels on the evening of release, until recently, when I no longer have Champions Race in my game, there's no point for me to rush through. I also prefer to save some new levels to play later in the week so as to be able to participate in some special event. like Barbie Leaderboard.

For the episode 14586-14600, only 2 levels have 33 moves, the rest 29(1), 28(4), 27(1), 26(1), 25(1), 24(1), 23(3), 20(1).

As I'm not competing for the Barbie Leaderboard, I tested for only 4 of this week's new levels.

Only 14502 has 38 moves. Beware 14603 sucks boosters, anyway from me.

• MonicaYellow
    Options

Oh no, my post needs approval,again! Worse this time I forgot to keep a draft.

@cookiemae

Of my 1st 4 new levels this week, only 14602 has 38 moves, unlike yours with 38-40 moves?

• MonicaYellow
    Options

It's auto-saved, wondering what's wrong this time

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?