⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Level changed on Candy Crush? Different number of moves or seeing the same level twice?

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend

Hi Liz, thank you for writing us here at King Care. I have seen a lot of complaints here from the players regarding the number of moves for a specific level. I have created a list of these complaints and forward this to a King Admin who then forwards it to the studio. I will add your message to the list.

• Suzy_Fuller
    Suzy_Fuller Posts: 15 Level 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SU8BLeZII

I am a youtuber. In August 2018, I began receiving requests to update various levels. I faced two problems: 1. There were hundreds of levels buffed, so I wouldn’t have time to help everyone who asked. 2. They were not buffed for me...this change only affected a test group, albeit a fairly large test group.

Take 511, for instance. My latest video shows 45 moves, but other folks have 12 moves. That is a 73% decrease in the number of moves, presumably to complete the exact same mission—although I’m not certain the mission is the same since I cannot see any changes. 73% reduction?!? For a level in the 500s, where people are still relatively new to the strategies?!? Your standard line when people complain is that folks need to look for the most recent videos. The problem is that I cannot publish videos for requirements I do not have. I know why you do this; you are trying to get more people to buy more boosters. And that makes sense for your business model. The problem is that when you push people too far, they will just abandon the game altogether. And that makes no sense for your bottom line. PLEASE remove the test group and return the levels to their previous number of turns for all, as soon as possible.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 23,984 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited August 2018

Hi Suzy, I get what you are saying but I think you’re looking at it from the wrong angle. Video levels are often changed due to feedback, sometimes not all at once. Sometimes to allow for more feedback. I know in farm heroes I had to wait 6 months for one level to change for me. The testing groups are random yet are not all the same players. They do rotate and it does seem sometimes that others have an advantage over you but it’s not selective. Unfortunately bloggers often have to change levels. I understand that as I too blog. I have had to change and still have to change 100s of levels because I cannot keep up. Some are harder some are easier, some have been changed a dozen times and put back. Unfortunately the line is it’s to keep games fresh. I wish they would stop fiddling so much but it’s not always done against us. Feedback is always good to share though :) 

• Suzy_Fuller

Hi Suzy, I get what you are saying but I think you’re looking at it from the wrong angle. Video levels are often changed due to feedback, sometimes not all at once. Sometimes to allow for more feedback. I know in farm heroes I had to wait 6 months for one level to change for me. The testing groups are random yet are not all the same players. They do rotate and it does seem sometimes that others have an advantage over you but it’s not selective. Unfortunately bloggers often have to change levels. I understand that as I too blog. I have had to change and still have to change 100s of levels because I cannot keep up. Some are harder some are easier, some have been changed a dozen times and put back. Unfortunately the line is it’s to keep games fresh. I wish they would stop fiddling so much but it’s not always done against us. Feedback is always good to share though :) 

I believe my perspective is correct. I'm not complaining about King changing a random level here or there. I'm not complaining that they use test groups. I am complaining that they have SEVERELY buffed hundreds of levels all at once, but only for a test group population. So you talk about bloggers often having to change levels. I get that. I started back down at level 1 when the platform changed from Flash to HTML5, so I have literally rerecorded thousands of levels. I’ve recently worked through all the levels that have been changed when King removed the timed levels, or added the waffles, or added the dark chocolate... But I cannot record the changes that have recently taken place, because they have not changed for me. To me, this is beyond the pale. And so I am choosing to voice my opposition to this current situation on behalf of all my subscribers and viewers who have been affected and all who could be affected if they widen the test group. With this additional explanation, I hope you can understand my position. Good luck in your endeavors. :)
  • Srinivasa_Sarma
    Srinivasa_Sarma Posts: 0 Newbie

I am also having the same problem  too

• Lady_Choo

I do understand totally :) feedback has been passed on but I do understand as even official volunteers like us don’t get in the testing groups and often don’t hear until the players tell us. 

Communication is terrible!

• pcwaterlilly
    pcwaterlilly Posts: 1 Newbie

I am having the same problem too and it is unfair

• Froy_Cardenas
    Froy_Cardenas Posts: 2 Newbie

I am now on level 511. For my first try, I got 45 moves. But, I couldn't pass on my first go, the next tries, the number of moves was reduced to onky 12!!! So, what's going on here? I won't be able to pass it under this condition. Do I need to give it upu 

• Suzy_Fuller
    edited September 2018

I am now on level 511. For my first try, I got 45 moves. But, I couldn't pass on my first go, the next tries, the number of moves was reduced to onky 12!!! So, what's going on here? I won't be able to pass it under this condition. Do I need to give it upu 

I've never seen so many people so frustrated with this game. You're not the only one who has talked about quitting based on this policy. Let's hope that King pays attention to our concerns about this situation.
  • Lady_Choo

Again, its to see if everyone finds the changes better or worse, but they were supposed to be cutting back on it a little as far as I know. I will ask the team again :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?