⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Candy Crush stops music playback when it starts

Options
Kyle_Xanth
Kyle_Xanth Posts: 3 Newbie
edited July 2023 in Support

When I am playing music or a podcast on my phone, the music or podcast stops playing when I start Candy Crush and it wasn't previously running. It stops playback even though music and sound effects are both disabled within the game. This only began happening with a very recent update to the app; it did not occur before that. The current version I have is 1.88, updated on Nov 15, 2016. I am using an iPhone 6+ with iOS 10.1.1.

Answers

• Chris_Brogan
    Chris_Brogan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Does this to me too. I've recently had a new phone and it still does it.

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Options

Hi guys!

Try these steps:

Swipe upwards from the bottom of your screen and a small "Control Centre" menu appears

Now swipe to the right and your current music selection will appear.

Now click on the play button and you should now be back in business!

To get back to the game simply tap anywhere outside the Control Centre window and you will be taken back to the game.

Cheers :-)

• Chris_Brogan
    Chris_Brogan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

That's a work around, it's not an answer

• Craig_O
    Craig_O Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same issue. iPhone 6, iOS 10.2. Very annoying. Why no response/fix in the last 2+ months?

• rshorn238
    rshorn238 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi guys!

Try these steps:

Swipe upwards from the bottom of your screen and a small "Control Centre" menu appears

Now swipe to the right and your current music selection will appear.

Now click on the play button and you should now be back in business!

To get back to the game simply tap anywhere outside the Control Centre window and you will be taken back to the game.

Cheers :-)

Really?? This isn't a fix. The game shouldn't be pausing any other audio in the first place.
  • weeblek
    weeblek Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options
    I am on an android device and there is no control center to pull up. What can I do? I like to listen to my music while I play but if I have to choose I'd have to choose music over CCS as I've been having to do. Help?!?!?!
  • jlynnbostic
    jlynnbostic Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited August 2022
    Options

Same issue here. Just started doing it recently. Friends list also gone. Seems like something always going on. If I have to chose between Spotify or CCS I'm choosing Spotify so I hope it gets fixed.

• Manfred33
    Manfred33 Posts: 42 Level 2
    Options

Doesn't surprise me that they give the same BS answers for issues like that. No solutions, just work arounds. It's a wonder that the game even works right the majority of the time, they're so clueless.

And what's more, this only started for me in the last few months, maybe last year sometime. Had no idea it reared its ugly head back in 2016 already....simply amazing that it's still an issue.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 146,006 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free post in new thread since this from 2016.Thank you

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?