In-game purchase/review reverts to Summer Games in Season Pass et al

Oyma80
Oyma80 Posts: 7 Level 2

When current iteration of Summer Games icon is launched ALL in-game progress for Season Pass et all reverts to Summer Games icon, only resolution is to restart my mobile device. I’ve lost out on opportunities to win Episode Races as well as make purchases to progress

Answers

• Oyma80

I’m also not a newbie as I’m at/above level 7000

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend

Welcome to the King Community 🥰

You are new to the Community so you are marked as a Newbie, it is not determined by your level of game😀

On the other hand, when the game's event pop-ups are simultaneously blooming on the game map, it's definitely a cause for frustration. This definitely needs to be fixed so can you show me a screenshot of the issue so I can report the issue to my team?

We look forward to your reply and have a nice day.

Thank you.

• Oyma80

As easy as it sounds to replicate what I’ve done it’s not that simple. When I’ve launched Candy Crush Saga whereby at the top of panel you see the Summer Games icon populated by the rest of the icons such as Season Pass, Episode Race, Weekly Contest, Chocolate Box and others, and then click on either Season Pass or Mr. Toffee’s Bounty to check my progress or make a purchase or select a claim the click reverts to Summer Games. I cannot open either one since it goes back to Summer Games. I would have to have video recorder (which I don’t) in Oder o show you the steps taken.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend

I have somewhat understand what you mean and I am passing your full feedback to my team😊

Thank you.

• Oyma80

Same thing happened again this morning Saturday August 26th when I attempted to open the Season Pass icon, it reverted to the Summer Games icon (this I’d already reset my tablet.)

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,598 Legend

Are you actually participating in the summer games? They will kick you out of those games and give you your game back to how it used to be if the game thinks you are trying to cheat by fiddling with the date on your device.... So if you want to be rid of the larger than life icon that would be one way.

• Oyma80

As facetious as it sounds why would I not be participating if I’m recounting my experiences that I’m having either checking my advances/rewards in Season Pass hoping to use these while playing Summer Games. How in the world does one cheat in Summer Games by fiddling with the date…I am playing with the options that presented, it’s likely a software issue. If the issues persist then I’ll just take my frustrations and $$$$s elsewhere by opting to no longer play Candy Crush.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,598 Legend
    edited August 2023

No, I don't mean it like that. You can't cheat in summer games, I don't think. But I once was thrown out of a competition like that after I'd changed the time on my device, which I actually did because I was on a cruise and changing from one time zone to another. But I do think there is a way to get more lives when you are out of lives and that is why they have set up the game to throw out players that change the clock. I might be wrong. In fact the game kicked me out of summer games when I had worked very had to get to the final and I am really annoyed about that. I'd wasted so much time playing and getting first in my group and then the event just disappeared. I guess that is why I wrote what I wrote, I'm just angry about being thrown out like that for no good reason.

Anyway, good luck with the summer games then!

• Oyma80

Thanks for your reply. I’m feeling just as frustrated as you are because the problem persists; I’ve never been kicked out but I did score at the top of the leaderboard and thus qualified for the current iteration. I play because I enjoy the game although it sometimes feel like I’m in an amusement park playing one of their tricky games. There is a glitch somewhere because there’s even an issue in Bubble Witch (Task Box where team play gets you rewards has also disappeared.) Apologies for being snarky!

• Oyma80

I figured out how to not let the Summer Games icon not prevent me from seeing my progress/claiming the rewards of their icons in the Candy Crush, i. e. not clicking on the Summer Games icon/option thus preventing it from being listed more prominently than the other Candy Crush icon/options in the panel. However *lo and behold,* another problem pops up, the Sunday Sale option allows one to select it, after which an “X” appears so you cannot make any purchases.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?