Uninstalling and reinstalling Candy Crush Saga on Facebook

Miche_Lesieur
Miche_Lesieur Posts: 5 Level 2

Somehow, on Facebook, since yesterday, it starts at 1! On my phone, it's OK, and I'm level 5539 (5538 completed), with all the Facebook changes, I no longer know how to uninstall Candy Crush Saga, wait a while, and reinstall, hoping that I can again play on a 21.5 inch iMac, not on my tiny Huawei phone! I opened a ticket yesterday but no answer yet. I'm certainly not in the mood to start at level 1 again. after spending YEARS to get to the 5000 levels. Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 41,199 Candy Moderator

Hello @Miche_Lesieur🤗 Hearty Welcome to our sweet King Community!

Few questions please... are you logged into the game through Facebook on your phone too?

I think we have some tips to follow to bring back the progress to your current level! I will come back with those tips👍️

On the computer, are you playing the Browser version (Chrome/Edge) OR the App version?

When we contact the Player Support, it generally takes 3-5 days for an actual agent to reach us. Give me a bit of time and I will get back to you!

In the mean time, please reply back by typing in the blank box given below to my comment.

Talk to you soon & have a great rest of the day 🍫🍫

• reds123
    reds123 Posts: 1 Newbie

i am playing on the browser

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,956 Community Manager

You don't happen to have more than one Facebook account or accidently logged into someone else's account?

Your progress on Facebook should not get lost so this is strange... can you play the first level and when completed close the game and open it again?

Sometimes, there might be a delay with the server and can takes some time before the game records shows up again after reinstalling the game.

• Miche_Lesieur

Thank you for your reply PummyRaj. I don't log out on the app on my phone, and on Facebook, I play on what now ressembles the same lay out as the app on my phone. On my computer, the browser is google Chrome. In the last few months, I have played on either Facebook (most of the time), sometimes on the Huawei phone, and rarely on a Huawei tablet, but not often. And I have just checked the tablet as of today only and my account at level 5542 as of 10:30 hours, EST in Quebec, Canada. For the last three days, I only played on my phone. I just checked my Facebook game, and I am still at level 1 on Facebook, and of course, because I'm not a tech woman, I really don't want to lose my progress which has taken me years to achieve. That's why I wanted to know how to uninstall and reinstall the game on Facebook, because previously, when I had problems with other games, I would uninstall, wait maybe an hour, and reinstall, and the problem was fixed. Thanks for your help.😎

• Miche_Lesieur

Reds123, thanks for your comment, but no, I have not logged in into someone else's account, and here is the situation as of this morning: "Thank you for your reply PummyRaj. I don't log out on the app on my phone, and on Facebook, I play on what now ressembles the same lay out as the app on my phone. On my computer, the browser is google Chrome. In the last few months, I have played on either Facebook (most of the time), sometimes on the Huawei phone, and rarely on a Huawei tablet, but not often. And I have just checked the tablet as of today only and my account is at level 5542 as of 10:30 hours, EST in Quebec, Canada. For the last three days, I only played on my phone. I just checked my Facebook game, and I am still at level 1 on Facebook, and of course, because I'm not a tech woman, I really don't want to lose my progress which has taken me years to achieve. That's why I wanted to know how to uninstall and reinstall the game on Facebook, because previously, when I had problems with other games, I would uninstall, wait maybe an hour, and reinstall, and the problem was fixed. Thanks for your help.😎" And no, I do not want to play the first level, because the app on my phone, and on my tablet are both right, and after playing Candy Crush Saga for nearly 15 years, on and off, although I can be a risk taker, I will not take the risk of losing my progress, and wiping out 15 years of labour! I'm a Monday's child, born on Labour Day in Canada! LOL I have not lost my sense of humour yet! Thanks for your comments Reds123. Have a wonderful day. 😎

• Miche_Lesieur

Thank you for your comment Queen B, her is the two answers I have already posted to two other dedicated players, in answer to their questions. Yours and Reds123 where almost identical reactions, STRANGE to say the least: "Reds123, thanks for your comment, but no, I have not logged in into someone else's account, and here is the situation as of this morning: "Thank you for your reply PummyRaj. I don't log out on the app on my phone, and on Facebook, I play on what now ressembles the same lay out as the app on my phone. On my computer, the browser is google Chrome. In the last few months, I have played on either Facebook (most of the time), sometimes on the Huawei phone, and rarely on a Huawei tablet, but not often. And I have just checked the tablet as of today only and my account is at level 5542 as of 10:30 hours, EST in Quebec, Canada. For the last three days, I only played on my phone. I just checked my Facebook game, and I am still at level 1 on Facebook, and of course, because I'm not a tech woman, I really don't want to lose my progress which has taken me years to achieve. That's why I wanted to know how to uninstall and reinstall the game on Facebook, because previously, when I had problems with other games, I would uninstall, wait maybe an hour, and reinstall, and the problem was fixed. Thanks for your help.😎" And no, I do not want to play the first level, because the app on my phone, and on my tablet are both right, and after playing Candy Crush Saga for nearly 15 years, on and off, although I can be a risk taker, I will not take the risk of losing my progress, and wiping out 15 years of labour! I'm a Monday's child, born on Labour Day in Canada! LOL I have not lost my sense of humour yet! Thanks for your comments Reds123. Have a wonderful day. 😎" Thank you Queen B, hopefully, the Candy Crush support team might be able to answer STRANGE glitch in another few days. I will post their answer to this "unsolved mystery". Have a great day! 😎

• PummyRaj
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓

Hello dear @Miche_Lesieur🤗 Happy Wednesday!

I have read only your first reply. Let me go slowly, so that I won't misunderstand the issue and to be able to provide assistance!

So, you are playing on 3 devices -- Android Tablet, Android Phone and Facebook browser on Chrome.

On both your mobile devices -- your progress is at level # 5542; but on Facebook it is at level # 1. Did I get that right?

• Miche_Lesieur

Pummy Raj: 100% correct, I seem to have written it clearly for once: English is my second language, first is French. Thanks a million for the validation.

• PummyRaj

So sorry for my delayed reply, dear @Miche_Lesieur🤦‍♀️

I thought of a way to help you! But, I need to find out proper steps. So, please give me sometime and I will get back to you🍫🍫

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?