Why did my boosters disappear?

Options
Drizzleey
Drizzleey Posts: 2 Newbie

I had a bunch of boosters saved up from the wheel. This weekend when I was playing it was saying "Cannot connect to kingdom" and i just proceeded playing as usual, and was going to back up my game whenever I was able to connect again. (This happens on occassion, as a long time player, I know.) Usually it just syncs to my account later.

So flash forward a day, I'm able to connect to Facebook finally, and all of my saved boosters are gone! What happened :(? I can tell you the number of most the boosters I had.

Also, I don't play across platforms, only on my Android.

Answers

• Rhiannon_Wood
    Rhiannon_Wood Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello,

In-game items such as boosters and lives/messages are linked to the game application and not to Facebook like your progress, scores and gold bars are.

Updates for the game app and mobile software, if the app crashes or is deleted or even connection issues can sometimes cause a loss of this data. Generally we recommend that players don't store up a lot of lives or boosters for this reason as these free items are ''Non refundable, transferable, exchangeable and cannot be used in any other game," we generally do not compensate any free boosters that may have been lost.

I'm sorry that you have lost them on this occasion.  

This is complete malarkey. I sent an email, but King is clearly uninterested in customer satisfaction. I received a reply saying "*Please note that this is the only message we will send you regarding this query." Did anyone even read my message? I have not changed devices. One day my boosters where there; the next, they were all gone (most of them in the high-twenties). That King cares so little is appalling. I created this account solely to say: I'm done. Your customer service is abysmal and I will no longer waste my time (or money) on your products.
  • Colleen_Reiss
    Colleen_Reiss Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I know that the boosters are specific to your phone etc, not Facebook. I had this happen to me in the past. I don't think that there is anything you can do really. Sorry to say it! 

The problem is that King takes your money, but they provide zero support. They don't care...it's all about the almighty dollar for them.
  • MCT
    MCT Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello,

In-game items such as boosters and lives/messages are linked to the game application and not to Facebook like your progress, scores and gold bars are.

Updates for the game app and mobile software, if the app crashes or is deleted or even connection issues can sometimes cause a loss of this data. Generally we recommend that players don't store up a lot of lives or boosters for this reason as these free items are ''Non refundable, transferable, exchangeable and cannot be used in any other game," we generally do not compensate any free boosters that may have been lost.

Same here. I held off all updates precisely to avoid my boosters getting deleted. However, they were deleted anyway - this time, twice in a row.I really don't know how King expects to keep making cash out of this game if it steals money from the users.
  • Anna_Zaromp
    Anna_Zaromp Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello,

I will not buy any more boosters with my own money. Sometimes I win gold bars. If enough accumulate, I use them, but I do not add my own money. I will also give a bad review on the game in the Google Store. I think people should know not to spend their money either.
  • David_Ghesquiere
    Options

Hello,

THIS IS A BS ANSWER!!!!!! I have updated many many time on my device, same device and all of a sudden all my boosters are gone??? Your answer it happens is not acceptable. Replace them immediately or you will never get another dime of my money. Your answer and customer service is totally sub-par.
  • Data_Soong
    Data_Soong Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hello,

They need to sync the boosters along with levels and gold bars. If they can do the two they can do them all. I purchased the $9.99 bonus pack on my Android. Shortly thereafter, I restarted my phone because the game was not registering that a sufficient number Facebook Friends had helped me get to the next stage. On starting the game, all of my boosters were gone and the game acted like I had installed it for the first time. This has happened several times in the last few months, but is the first time after purchasing boosters. I would like my boosters back. I have lost count of the number of times that my boosters have been deleted in the past few months. I had never seen this problem until after the Candy Drops feature was added.
  • robinwalks
    robinwalks Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello,

"even connection issues can sometimes cause loss of this data" is not an acceptable response. When players work hard to collect boosters (and save them for hard levels) they SHOULD NOT be taken away without a way to restore them. In some cases they are boosters we have paid real $$ for and that is just wrong.
  • Kgb-2
    Kgb-2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello,

This is BS!!!!! What a crappy answer!!!! Your app works terribly all the time and you aren't going to try to fix it!??? FU!
  • Holly_Z
    Holly_Z Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Hello,

This is why I no longer spend real money on Candy Crush.
  • Joe_Butt
    Joe_Butt Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hello,

I lost THOUSANDS of boosters, accumulated through my years of patience and commitment, in short, handwork! Not link to facebook? No problem to me. If you're honest enough, you should have a method for users to save the data for the app(specifically for the boosters). If it is not possible, why can't you create a temporary file linked to Facebook to keep the numbers of boosters available? This is very irresponsible answer and unacceptable excuse, shameful! Furthermore, people change their device(phone/tablet) frequently these days. So what is the excuse of not keeping tab of the boosters? Absolute nonsense!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?