can't exit game on Kindle Fire

Options

Answers

• Candace_Granny
    Candace_Granny Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Cam- Welcome to King Care. Thanks for highlighting this problem. Please could you upload a screenshot of your game, so that we can take a closer look? You can add the screenshot directly to this thread by clicking on the paperclip icon. 

For instructions on how to take a screenshot please visit: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ 

Thanks so much, have a lovely day. :-) 

Workaround (instead of restarting Kindle): Go to the gear icon, go to Frequently Asked Questions - it will take you to the web if you have wifi access, and you will have a Home icon. This is a nuisance but better than restarting the Kindle.
  • Candace_Granny
    Candace_Granny Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Cam- Welcome to King Care. Thanks for highlighting this problem. Please could you upload a screenshot of your game, so that we can take a closer look? You can add the screenshot directly to this thread by clicking on the paperclip icon. 

For instructions on how to take a screenshot please visit: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ 

Thanks so much, have a lovely day. :-) 

Definitely a bug introduced with the last update. Candy Crush on Kindle Fire has no exit button. King should thoroughly test updates on different platforms before updates.
  • SEnglund
    SEnglund Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Here is a workaround for the recent "can't exit CC on a Kindle Fire" problem: The problem for me was that (as of an update two weeks ago) the Kindle menu icon/button disappeared from the middle of the right side of the screen.  My work-around is: Press and hold the hardware button for shutting down the Kindle.  When you see the option to "Cancel" or "Shutdown", SELECT CANCEL.  Hopefully, the missing Kindle menu icon will reappear for you; it does for me.

I tried this last night, and it worked for me as well. It is extremely irritating that the developers do not feel that this issue deserves the time it would take to resolve. Really not a professional way to treat your customers.
  • Holly_Waterfall
    Holly_Waterfall Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

@Cam thanks so much for your reply, this is really useful!

@All- does everyone's screen look like this? 

Yes. When you load up the game on the Kindle, it AUTOMATICALLY changes it to full screen with no way to exit the full screen setting. It's annoying!!
  • Holly_Waterfall
    Options

Hi guys. Having the same issue so tweeted it to King the other day and just got a direct message saying that they appreciate my feedback but they've decided that recources should be used for other things that would benefit a larger number of players. They also say they don't plan a fix for this in the foreseeable future. Nice. So us kindle users just have to put up with this it would seem. Surely this is a basic need of the player?! I'd have thought they could have run another small update to restore this feature but then i know nothing of game programming. Pish. >·<

RUDE! Surely there is a way to restore the settings to how they were before the previous update. This is a recent issue. I had no problems playing the game before when it was NOT full screen. I will have no problems when it is FIXED either. Thank you.
  • Holly_Waterfall
    Options

Here is a workaround for the recent "can't exit CC on a Kindle Fire" problem: The problem for me was that (as of an update two weeks ago) the Kindle menu icon/button disappeared from the middle of the right side of the screen.  My work-around is: Press and hold the hardware button for shutting down the Kindle.  When you see the option to "Cancel" or "Shutdown", SELECT CANCEL.  Hopefully, the missing Kindle menu icon will reappear for you; it does for me.

That's a great work-around but the situation is still annoying. I was going to the "settings" in the game looking for ways to change things. I was able to "exit" only by going to "ask a question" and then it would shoot me to my browser which had the "home" button available. King, please fix this and don't just brush your customers off.
  • Rose_Budge
    Rose_Budge Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

This has now been solved as of June 29,2016. My Kindle is back to functioning normally now. Thank you King.

Not fixed on my kindle!!!!!!
  • Rose_Budge
    Rose_Budge Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Hi guys. Having the same issue so tweeted it to King the other day and just got a direct message saying that they appreciate my feedback but they've decided that recources should be used for other things that would benefit a larger number of players. They also say they don't plan a fix for this in the foreseeable future. Nice. So us kindle users just have to put up with this it would seem. Surely this is a basic need of the player?! I'd have thought they could have run another small update to restore this feature but then i know nothing of game programming. Pish. >·<

Not fixed for my Kindle.
  • SEnglund
    SEnglund Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

This has now been solved as of June 29,2016. My Kindle is back to functioning normally now. Thank you King.

Holly - was there a new update installed?
  • Holly_Waterfall
    Options

Not that I am aware of. But also NOW in the afternoon of June 29 it is NOT working again. Guess it was a fluke. Or maybe they are "trying" to get it fixed. XXkeepingmyfingerscrossedXX

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?