Lucky board gone mad! How to ruin Candy Crush....

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 8,598 Legend

I read a complaint about level 4444 last night in Support. Woke up this morning thinking of how this reminds me of a story I used to know as a child....what was it just? Then it came to me: Goethe's "Der Zauberlehrling". For those unfamiliar with German literature, this poem was used by Walt Disney in "Phantasia" an Mickey Mouse as the sorcerer's apprentice.

The lesson? Too much of a good thing can be disasterous.

So back to level 4444. Unchanged for at least 4 years, never complained about before. A strategic level: Remove the blockers in the right order to release the dragons (formerly the cherries)

Fail on your first try and the AI sends you the lucky board.

Walle, walle manche Strecke, dass zum Zwecke Wasser fließe und mit reichem, vollem Schwalle, zu dem Bade sich ergieße

Only, it doesn't help at all! The strategy should be to remove the blockers on the left side first, so the striped candies drop and then use these to remove the blockers on the right. But instead the board goes mental and just bashes candies about here there and everywhere. The AI just sends in the wrapped candies and colour bombs to help, but makes the level unwinnable. Swamped by special candies....

Again and again I am left with a board like this:

Even a UFO won't rescue that poor dragon on the bottom row now.....

Comments

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?