How does the time meter with a bow in candy crush saga work? (bronce, silver and gold)

I play candy crush saga, and recently striped candies accompanied by a time meter with a bow started appearing. First it starts with a bronce bow, then a silver one and finally a gold one. At the end of all the bows a party booster appears. I would like to know how this feature works. I don't really get how to get to the party booster, could someone explain to me how this works?

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Hi @mariajesusbudge,  this is what the Community Manager wrote about this.

“The Party Candies are coming to Candy Crush. Now you will find ribbons in some candies (beginning with bronze, moving to silver and finishing in gold). The theme is around a party celebration! Finding all wrapped gifts on the board and finishing the level will allow you to keep those boosters.

It begins with a bronze bow as part of the puzzle. Once the player removes the bow the bronze mode gets activated and from then on is a matter of removing the pieces that have a bronze ribbon to it. At a point, you activate silver mode (which is the reward you get from the bronze mode).

In silver mode, you can get three rewards that you can use immediately on the board + access to the gold mode.

The gold mode will give you a party booster that you can use on that board (you cannot save it for later).”

• Monique_Szetho
    Monique_Szetho Posts: 54 Level 3
    Elsa said:
    Hi @mariajesusbudge,  this is what the Community Manager wrote about this.

“The Party Candies are coming to Candy Crush. Now you will find ribbons in some candies (beginning with bronze, moving to silver and finishing in gold). The theme is around a party celebration! Finding all wrapped gifts on the board and finishing the level will allow you to keep those boosters.

It begins with a bronze bow as part of the puzzle. Once the player removes the bow the bronze mode gets activated and from then on is a matter of removing the pieces that have a bronze ribbon to it. At a point, you activate silver mode (which is the reward you get from the bronze mode).

In silver mode, you can get three rewards that you can use immediately on the board + access to the gold mode.

The gold mode will give you a party booster that you can use on that board (you cannot save it for later).”

• Monique_Szetho
    Elsa:  who gets chosen at random to get these bow ribbons?  My friends are getting them but I have not seen hide or hair of any such ribbons.  When is My turn coming up?  Love to see some pop up when I am playing a level.  
  • _Elsa_
    Hi @Monique_Szetho, I think it's just randomly chosen players.  I got it exactly one time and then it was gone and hasn't come back.  You can read more about this here:  https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/246202/where-can-i-get-my-events#latest
  • Monique_Szetho
    Some of my friends got this a few times lately.  They get boosters and pinatas.  One even got pinatas a few times.  This seems so unfair when others have not even been chosen once.  Please talk to someone at KING to spread the goodies around as Christmas will soon be here.  Bring the good cheers to others too.  Can't wait to see a few candies with bows wrapped around them on my board one dayl  
  • _Elsa_
    How are players getting the pinatas?  I am not getting any!  
  • Monique_Szetho
    Candies with bows go from green to blue then purple and then pinata pops up.  Have to be used on the same level.  That is all I know as I don't get this candy bows at all.
  • Charly-4
    Charly-4 Posts: 125 Level 3
    I always clear the bows before the time meter runs out but only sometimes does it give me the next color of bow (silver, gold.) Sometimes I will play a level 3 or more times and not have the bows turn silver and then the meter runs out and disappears. Whereas other times the silver bows pop up even before I've collected all of the bronze ones and then gold before the silver are gone.  What gives? Sometimes I need to collect 9 or 12 bronze before they turn silver and other times only 5 or 6. There seems to be no consistency and I can't find an answer to this anywhere. 
  • Matt_G
    Matt_G Posts: 2 Newbie
    I am with Monique_Szetho and Charly-4. I cannot figure out what makes them come about in the first place nor what specifically has to be done in order to progress to silver/gold. If they randomly appear that is fine but what get confusing for me is after I pop match them with like colors my bow meter actually seems to drop/move backwards making me think I've done something wrong. Do they have to be blasted away with a striped/exploding candy in order to progress on to silver/gold? 
  • _Elsa_
    edited February 2019
    Hi guys, I am going to tag @Cezdiamond who is the Community Manager to see if she can ask the studio for more details about this challenge.  I haven't checked if there is a specific amount that needs to be collected in order to advance to the next color. 

@Matt_G, you are the first player saying that you saw the meter go down instead of up.  I think I only got that challenge a couple of times but if I get it again I will have to look closer for more details. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?