⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Is there any disadvantage to starting the knockout round late?

Options
gatorpaul1
gatorpaul1 Posts: 2 Newbie

The 2nd knockout round is Apr12-17. If I’m unable to start playing until say Apr 15, does that put me at a disadvantage? Or am I placed in a group that’s all starting at the same time? Extreme example: if everyone in the group starts at the same time, could someone literally start playing an hour before the round ends, and have the same chance of advancing as someone who started 5 days earlier?

Best Answers

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 700 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    Options

Last weekend I did not start the event until one day after it started. I did make it to the finals but I noticed that the leader was ahead, but not so much that I could not catch up if I really tried. Its highly unlikely that someone could start the event an hour before the event ends and win. Last weekend I noticed that I got several pop ups reminding me this was a live event and I needed to be online. I was driving for several hours and my cell phone service was not the greatest that first day. Hope this helps, have a great day 😊

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,076 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @gatorpaul1 That is a question we cannot answer at the moment. It is a very important questions though!

The final Knockout rounds starting April 20th will certainly leave any player at a disadvantage if they join late. That round will have a limited number of leaderboards and newcomers will then be added to existing leaderboards, so if you join late the leader will already be way ahead.

In the qualifier rounds, as @Colleen12 stated, there was an advantage to players joining late as there were indefinite numbers of leaderboards created, and if you started late you would be competing against others starting at that time.

However, to answer your question about the round starting 12th April : We do not know how this round will function. King have not disclosed any information of how many players will be on each leaderboard. If it is any help to you, I do intend to test this out early on in the round starting on April 12th and intend to post in the All Stars forum to let others know if joining late is a disadvantage. So keep your eyes open for my post.

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,133 Candy Moderator
    Options
  • Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 700 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    Options

Last weekend I did not start the event until one day after it started. I did make it to the finals but I noticed that the leader was ahead, but not so much that I could not catch up if I really tried. Its highly unlikely that someone could start the event an hour before the event ends and win. Last weekend I noticed that I got several pop ups reminding me this was a live event and I needed to be online. I was driving for several hours and my cell phone service was not the greatest that first day. Hope this helps, have a great day 😊

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,076 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @gatorpaul1 That is a question we cannot answer at the moment. It is a very important questions though!

The final Knockout rounds starting April 20th will certainly leave any player at a disadvantage if they join late. That round will have a limited number of leaderboards and newcomers will then be added to existing leaderboards, so if you join late the leader will already be way ahead.

In the qualifier rounds, as @Colleen12 stated, there was an advantage to players joining late as there were indefinite numbers of leaderboards created, and if you started late you would be competing against others starting at that time.

However, to answer your question about the round starting 12th April : We do not know how this round will function. King have not disclosed any information of how many players will be on each leaderboard. If it is any help to you, I do intend to test this out early on in the round starting on April 12th and intend to post in the All Stars forum to let others know if joining late is a disadvantage. So keep your eyes open for my post.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,031 Legend
    Options

Hello @gatorpaul1 I finished fourth in the First Knockout and I did this without really trying. I played one Episode on Friday afternoon and two Episodes on Monday evening.

Regardless of when I played those Episodes then my score would have been the same. This means I could have waited until Monday to play all three Episodes for a similar score.

I don't play often or for long though, so I could not complete three Episodes in an hour and I am not sure anyone could. I would say an hour before the end is far too short a time to collect enough purple candy to win a round.

Long story short the only disadvantage to you of starting late in a round is that you will have to play for a long time to make up the difference in scores between you and those that have played from the start of the round.

Anyone watching their leaderboard with a good lead will be very difficult to catch.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?