Is this tournament rigged?

Options
2»

Comments

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 859 Level 3
    edited April 26
    Options

2 million in 6 hours is 333K per hour. Probably possible but that does make me raise an eyebrow.

The thing is we don't have a really good frame of reference from last year. The top guy did 4 - 6 million in 24 hours but we don't quite know what the exact score was or know if they played for 24 hours, 16 hours, 12 hours and so on. ie 5 million/16 would be 312K average.

Hoping to get better data this year.

• Sidewinder107
    Sidewinder107 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

Well the million dollar trip to Cali question everyone on here is wondering and wants to know is. How they are doing it and if it's legit lol. Data ain't telling no one that. But I can tell you right now no one is pulling 333k at a hourly constant pace playing normal level to level. If they are its from playing certain levels over and over. Even if you milk those levels with massive amounts of stars with boosters I don't think it's possible. Everyone of those levels like that I was playing would somehow cut me off and keep me from using all my moves to get more and more. I bet 75% of the new levels I played in the 6k to 7k range didn't even have stars until the level was over. It would drop a few purple stars when you finished the level. Those levels like that are also ones where you could get massive amounts of stars but, there is no stars to be had. I also have seen people saying they are using boosters to blow through new levels with hardly any stars to get to the good ones. Which should not be to hard to do on alot of the levels. But there is a small little problem with that. Some levels are setup so you can't do that. Single gummi dragons riding on a belt comes to mind with nothing around them to move them faster lol. Now I know there is a level I can't tell you which one because it was years ago when I played it. But when you finished that level it went non stop for so long with color bomb after color bomb I finally got tired of waiting and just closed out of the game. That was before you could just skip ahead. If that level has purple stars you could probably play that level non stop and no one could out do you. But I am willing to bet it don't have any stars if that level is still like that.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,049 Legend
    Options

How they are doing it and if it's legit lol. 

Undoubtably @Sidewinder107 there will be players doing something they shouldn't, but one way of earning a lot of points quickly is to use UFO/Party Boosters to blast through levels quickly.

Data ain't telling no one that.

Data won't tell anyone here how it is being done, but data that King can see will. Unfortunately King don't seem interested in eliminating players based on a data trawl. I can't say as I blame them as only 2000 people work for King and there are millions of games to check.

I also have seen people saying they are using boosters to blow through new levels

Single gummi dragons riding on a belt comes to mind with nothing around them to move them faster

That is what the purpose of the Free Switch is. The Free Switch is included in the list of boosters that people use to blow through new levels. In fact last year the Free Switch was used to move Dragons so they couldn't exit the board whilst the player then hit the board with UFO/Party Boosters to quickly and repeatedly milk the level of purple candy. When the moves had reduced they then used more Free Switches to drop the Dragon.

But when you finished that level it went non stop for so long with color bomb after color bomb I finally got tired of waiting and just closed out of the game. That was before you could just skip ahead. If that level has purple stars you could probably play that level non stop and no one could out do you. But I am willing to bet it don't have any stars if that level is still like that.

No levels are like that any more. King removed the end of level cascades two years ago.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,130 Level 5
    Options

In addition to the excellent explanation given by Alienscar I would like to add that in all the test games I have played in the past few months I have struggled to find a level that still has a 9x9 board with purple candies and dragons on conveyor belts that can be hidden. King did remove purple candies from all the levels with good cascades and to be fair I do think they have spent the year since All Stars 2023 trying to eliminate this practice. This doesn't mean it won't happen, sadly, as a 1 million dollar prize will make some people extremely creative of course.

• CashMcMoney
    CashMcMoney Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Hi, I also have the same concern as players I've been going against also have been displaying third-party software to further their position in the tournament. I am also in Round 2 of the knockouts and I also have invested significant time and money into this. The top two players haven't taken breaks and appear to be in contravention of rules 4.6 of the terms and conditions

• VanessaVa
    VanessaVa Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited April 27
    Options

*Edited by CM: Oops! Please repost in English so everyone can understand - Our House Rules 

• VanessaVa
    VanessaVa Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Exactly, steal!!! In 40 minutes a player had more than 450,000, what do you mean? In 7h 2,500,000, and with 17h to go, another 4 million, that is humanly impossible!!!

• Sidewinder107
    Sidewinder107 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

I know what the purpose of the free switch is. But some levels are setup so you can not do what I said move them faster. There is also other levels setup where you can not just fly through them even with boosters. Unless something has changed that is. If this whole thing is not a scam and a show, which I think it is. Then the real tournament going on here is how to exploit the game and who's got the deepest pockets. I mean come on it's not like we don't know how to play the game. But some of these scores is not possible without some sort of cheating. That's plain and simple fact. Something I would keep a eye on is the live final and the top 10 peoples game play. To see if they really are capable of being that good.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?