šŸŽ¬ļø Video ads disappearing or not available

Options

Answers

• TerminatorBarbie
    TerminatorBarbie Posts: 31 Level 2
    Options

It makes no sense to me that CCS would make the odds so miserable players like myself quit watching ads altogether.

Their algorithm knows I don't spend cash. The only way CCS was profiting from me was by my own willingness to watch ads, which they get paid very well per click!

It took a few days, but my brain has re-adjusted.

My bonus inventory is building quite nicely though šŸ˜…

I'm not spending accumulated gold/bonuses.

When a player goes this route they get to see how the algorithms lock em up / out from being able to complete the level; it's ugly!

They're game, they get to do what they want with it, but each player has control over how much they want to feed that monster.

I plan to starve it.šŸ˜…

• ABDULLAH1122
    ABDULLAH1122 Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options

I want you how to change the personalized ads option

• ABDULLAH1122
    ABDULLAH1122 Posts: 17 Level 2
    edited May 7
    Options

*Edited by CM: You seem to be lost and in the wrong thread! Please keep it in topic - Our House Rules

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 148,128 Candy Moderator
    edited May 7
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Thank you for the feedback. The video ad feature as all ads and promotional features is still a test feature in the game, which means that some of you can get Lives, while others can get Boosters or other items from this feature.

This also means that the video ads will not always be available and not found in all player's games or on all devices.

So if you at the moment are missing the ads in your game, just stay tuned and keep an eye in the game to see when the ads are back.

For more InfoĀ Here

• Fisto
    Fisto Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited May 8
    Options

so i guess NO help for this ? nice. good to see King games helps their player base with any issues they haveā€¦.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,552 Legend
    edited May 8
    Options

Hello @Fisto sorry about the lack of help, but this place relies on volunteers to answer questions like yours. That is, every person that responds to you has exactly the same status as you in that all we have in common is playing Candy Crush. No one here (other than the CM) works for King.

no ads means the person playing the game isnt generating any revenue from playing the game by watching those ads

That isn't how adverts work Fisto. An advertising company pays to place their adverts with a company the don't get paid each time an advert is watched.

my wife, NEVER has ads. the ads where you can get an extra move if you dont win the round. why is that ?

It is as Kiara has tried to explain to you Fisto and all to do with how King release every single feature of the game to their players.

Each and every feature of Candy Crush is delivered to random groups of players. The random delivery method of features to 250 million players means that some people will never receive a certain feature whilst some players will get every feature released.

You should also note that just because you have adverts in your game now doesn't mean you will keep them forever. I once lost my adverts for seven months.

Long story short, no feature of Candy Crush should be considered a permanent part of your game and every player of Candy Crush will not receive every available feature of the game at the same time as everyone else.

A feature of the game is any add on that isn't part of the basic game play.

• cyanure
    cyanure Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I had the same problem. And so I can't move in the game anymore without bonus from ads... šŸ˜Ŗ

• Fisto
    Fisto Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

" That isn't how adverts work Fisto. An advertising company pays to place
    their adverts with a company the don't get paid each time an advert is
    watched. "

then in that case king isnt getting their moneies worth, and are ripping them selves off.

": You should also note that just because you have adverts in your game now
    doesn't mean you will keep them forever. I once lost my adverts for seven months. " sorry this is also false, as i have never lost my adsā€¦.

well, that is a load of BS then, not to mention extremely UNFAIR. she gets the point quite often where all she needs is ONE move to pass the level. imaging being stuck on a level for days only because you need one move to pass it, and you cant, so you have to start over. if this was me, i would of uninstalled the game and suggested to others to not play it due to lack of inconsistency and unfairness.

sorry but to call ads a " feature " is ridiculous and stupid.

oh,. and thanks for deleting my thread and moving itā€¦. now i cant re read the previous posts, good job.

and as i said, she has NEVER EVER had ads, at ALL, so again the " So if you at the moment are missing the ads in your game, just stay tuned and keep an eye in the game to see when the ads are back. " is also 100% BSā€¦

i think i will try to get her to quit this unfair gameā€¦ calling ads a featureā€¦ yea rightā€¦ no ads means a person cant pass a level, which FORCES them to spend money to play the game, while others get to play for freeā€¦

• TerminatorBarbie
    TerminatorBarbie Posts: 31 Level 2
    Options

Like you I was curious about ads, who gets them, who doesn't, and exactly how much CCS is being paid when we watch ads.

I decided to research it from the ad purchaser angle, ie... How much do companies pay to advertise here? What are the different ad packages?, and how is the advertiser charged?

That's when I decided to stop watching ads, well that and the fact that I am now only offered extra moves/not boosters like the flying saucer.

I REFUSE to watch ads for a few extra moves!

I've always been able to tell when the game was blocking me or allowing me to advance.

To be 2 or 3 moves from winning, watch 3 commercials and still be stuck on the same level is infuriating and builds resentment.šŸ˜ 

It's been more than a week since I've watched ads.

I use to level up about 20 levels a day.

I've passed no level since Sunday 5PM.

I choose not to participate in that level of manipulation!

Yesterday I got a survey message. I had no problem participating UNTIL I REALIZED THEY ATTACHED AN NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

Why in the heck would CCS be asking me to give up my freedom of speech to answer questions for them?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!

"We want your help, in return you're not allowed to speak of the game anymore".

WTH is going on around here?

None of it makes good business sense.šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Ijazz
    Ijazz Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Ads is not coming

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?