What does "cheating" actually mean....?

Options

Comments

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 727 Level 4
    Options

Interesting I posted a reply / question here yesterday to @cookiemae and its not even showing up here. It appeared that it had been posted yesterday but its definitely not here this morning. I have been noticing this quite frequently lately. Perhaps someone can explain if there is an issue with posting in the Community.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,403 Level 5
    Options

Since QueenB has been back there has been a lot of tidying up going on again! I don't know what may have happened to that particular post though, I can't find it by clicking on your profile. A lot of my posts have been moved around as well, usually into Off Topic, where they then disappear because of all the counting games. Some were moved rightly so (I'm glad the Violetta discussions got moved) but some annoyingly so. It makes the community even harder to navigate than it already is. Hiding posts in existing threads is a nice way for us to chat to each other but the authorities really don't like that. I don't know why. But now you've brought this thread back up I might add something to it to stay on topic so they don't move my post as well!

Yes, so I'm trying to decide what to do to maybe stand a chance to participate in All Stars 2025 without breaking any of the rules. Interestingly there seem to be no rules against these:

1.Playing the same account on multiple devices.

2.Logging out of the account and playing levels without creating an account for whatever long it takes and then using the "Already have a King account- login with email" function when I am ready.

Before I joined this community I got back on my feet once in my game after I had used up all my boosters. I think I was in the 12,000s levels and was ready to give up, tried to play from scratch in hope of finding the fun of the early levels again. Then I realised that I was making lots of boosters (those were the days before everything went over to timed boosters) and that I could carry these over if I then logged into my existing game. Now that seems to not be against any rules, but if anyone thinks it is feel free to correct me. I also used this method a second time a few months ago to take up my abandoned level 15,000 game again. I had an unsaved test account with lots of gold from episode races and was amazed how many party poppers and striped candies I could buy with that and then log into my old abandoned game with those. It may not be "in the spirit" of the game, but then what is? As I pointed out in an earlier post, the only thing that would really fall under the header "as intended " by King would be that I spend lots of cash.

• Colleen12
    Options

@christinewupp I check under my discussion and I could not find my post. So I am trying to tag you instead of replying to determine if this comment gets posted. A few weeks ago King manually reset my game back to level 1 and my Gold Bars and Boosters were transferred upon reset. Everything works great with the exception of the Episode Race for some reason. They have now recommended that I create a new account with a new email which contravenes the policy for having multiple accounts for certain events like All Stars. Right now I am on the fence about creating a new account. Since my reset I have no problems completing the Gold Box and I have managed to win Candy Royale several times which could never be achieved at level 15400+. I am actually enjoying the game again and maybe when I notice that the levels are getting too difficult again I may create another account 🙂

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,403 Level 5
    Options

That is absolutely precious! It just goes to show that King neither know exactly what their own rules are not what they are for. Great to hear you write this. It does suggest that @cookiemae was right and having two accounts isn't really against the rules because how do King know it's the same person? And do they really care? I honestly don't think they care at all. And I am convinced that when we do find out who they have chosen to go to LA there will be no evidence they might have taken into consideration if those player accounts were original or new. This is really encouraging @Colleen12 and yes, I wouldn't want to play again from level 1 without the episode race either. That is the one sure way to make gold and as far as my game strategy is concerned winning every episode race is my no.1 priority. So thank you very much for sharing this with us.

Are you quite sure your missing post ever got posted? It sounds a bit like it went for approval and then got lost.

How far have you got so far in your reset game? I'm glad you are enjoying it, but without the episode race it wouldn't be for me.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    edited May 10
    Options

I posted this in the other thread. New account has been official for awhile now :D

The easiest way to do this is to start playing on a new Facebook or King
    account and the game will automatically start over from level 1.

Try something crazy. Before starting a new episode, Play 50 then 51, then play whatever the first level in the episode is. If it does not show up close and open the app a repeat but play 50 a few times then the first level of the episode again then 50 again then first level of the episode.

Since All Stars the episode race does not always correctly trigger at 51. I have had to do the above sort of sequence to get it to work. Two of the last three games were like this.

Also did you try and edit the post? I will fire the post into the sun sometimes.

• Colleen12
    Options

@christinewupp when I did my reset I had about 225 Gold Bars. My winnings are strictly from the Gold Box and Candy Royale and the Bash for Bars😊

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    Options

Ya I think you really will want episode race, 2700 to 5000 is completely obnoxious.

• Colleen12
    Options

I too am confused about Multiple Accounts. A few weeks ago I asked King to reset my game and I like playing Candy Crush once again. I was at Level 15468 and I literally had enough. Everything thing with the reset worked great and I got to keep my Gold Bars and Boosters. The only thing missing was the ability to play the Champions Episode Race. When I asked King Customer Care they indicated that it was because of the game reset and apologized for not having fully explained that certain events may not be available after a reset. They also recommended that I create a new account with a new Email address and they also provided clarification regarding the use of multiple accounts. My question really is why is the reset not able to reset with all features available? I'm still on the fence with respect to creating a new account as I said I'm doing quite well with Candy Crush since the reset but I do miss the Episode Race. This will probably be the deciding factor whether I decide to create the new account🙂

• Colleen12
    Options

Thanks for the tip I will probably create my new account at that stage and get all my Gold Bars transferred as King indicated they would do. Another note here when I started playing this game shortly after it started I don't remember a lot of the events we have now. The one that is probably helping me the most is the necklace for boosters and if I can get on streak I can go for an hour with one life. Here is my tally for this week😊

• Colleen12
    Options

@christinewupp funny I can see the post is showing up now from yesterday. Will definitely try your tips to get the episode race to work again. Have a great day🙂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?