Why the large increase in prices in Candy Crush?

Options
Julieking927
Julieking927 Posts: 1 Newbie

I have a very tight budget so I enjoyed playing Candy Crush. However when I went to purchase more gold bars today, I discovered that the price for 100 bars had increased from $9.99 to $14.99.  And for the piggy bank, you now have to pay $2.99 for only 30 coins instead of 60. I feel that these increases are too much and I will be looking for new games to play. I am very disappointed!

Describe your question in more detail here (at least 40 characters please)

Answers

• Jennie_Ruth
    Jennie_Ruth Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Pure and simple GREED. If King were subject to consumer rights laws they would not be allowed such exorbitant price increases. "Pulling in $213 million over Q2, King's Candy Crush Saga was the highest grossing mobile game from a Western developer across both the App Store and Google Play."

• Cindy_Haynes
    Cindy_Haynes Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

I noticed the same thing, less for more.  SMH. So sad as I have ‘contributed ‘ more than I should have but no more.

• Jane_Beale
    Jane_Beale Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited September 2018
    Options

I’m so angry with them for this increase pure greed! 50% increase is just foolish so I’m not paying for any more coins. I’m going to play other games that give you 300% plus more free time.

And the cheek to call this section King Care- NOT!

your loss!

• Jennie_Ruth
    Jennie_Ruth Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

The interesting thing about this so-called "care" website is that you will get no answers from King regarding their price increases. There will not even be a weak justification for their actions. Unpopular questions such as Julie's above will be ignored. King regard their clients - yes clients - who are the candy crush players - are addicts and as addicts will pay any price King choose. The psychology behind candy crush is the same as used by poker machines, only more devious. There are youtube videos worth watching that describe how King's clients are being sucked in and manipulated. King's business model is not a good one with respect to client care but do they pull in the cash!

• Bob_Robinson
    Bob_Robinson Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am still trying to figure out the price increase on everything.  So the price per gold bar increased from 10 to 20 cents?  That is 100% increase. Really? I used to enjoy playing daily, now I cringe opening the app on my phone and computer. I have the answer - remove the app from my phone and Facebook account. 

• Liz_Seaton
    Liz_Seaton Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Too bad. I've played daily for years and have spent way more than I should but no more. I've deleted the app. This sort of hike on the heels of a record setting 2nd qtr. Shame on you.

• Karen_Luann
    Karen_Luann Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

I refuse to spend any more money on this game.  Such a shame that they need to be so greedy!

• Julia_Smith_2
    Julia_Smith_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Am in the UK and am done with paying for this game after the price increase, for £1.99 I can buy 10 bars but need 12 to refresh my lives, so have to spend a minimum of £7.99 to get lives. Have filled piggy bank and instead of 60 bars, I will now only get 30 bars if I pay. Not a chance! Am off to find a new game, there’s thousands to choose from

• coffeenut
    coffeenut Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I was mad at first when they reduced the coins by half , for same price, but it saved me money. I refused to buy another pig, and have not done so since they did that..    So, thank you Candy.  I didn’t need to be buying  that anyway.   
  • Whitedr1
    Whitedr1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I'm on level 3805 after 5 years and regularly spent money on extra things. I first noticed the price increase when I only got 30 gold bars. I've stopped buying anything since and am angry. I keep playing but won't spend any money until you reverse this greedy move. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?