New Season, New Me

Options

Comments

• PyroIllumination
    PyroIllumination Posts: 66 Level 2
    edited May 18
    Options

I do have a second game on "mobile" to goof around with. Waiting a few days does seem to net some nice buffs, I think even more so now than even 6 months ago.

I am hopeful as the event was even listed by QueenB as the gem hunt that first day until she updated it. It seems to be the pattern with it. Not sure why it is like that, but King ya.

The game actually did "cheat" today. Level 552 had a color bomb, candy, blue wrapped vertically. I had the timed hammers so I popped the candy and the color bomb and wrapped went off when they touched as opposed to being able to use them normally. This was the first turn so it is not like the move could have possibly lost the level.

I did win it pretty easily as the level forced a shuffle after about 7 moves, and set up a fairly easy pattern to win. Still have to laugh at the beginning though. Would have been a turn 1 win haha.

And 612 is the hilarious version. 100 levels too early and kinda hardcore. This used to be a Hard level as opposed to super hard.

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 20
    Options

I have escaped!!!!

And a nice Jackpot

Well since I am here, might as well do 1000 levels in one week :D

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 20
    Options

@christinewupp I have sad news, they got to the 1000 range levels.

No bombs but half the turns… It is actually much harder now.

That being said, looks like it might just be bomb levels.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,746 Level 5
    edited May 20
    Options

That is sad news indeed, @PyroIllumination ! I wonder why King are doing this? I was already upset they got rid of the earliest bomb levels, and now even here? Does this mean they are going to get rid of the bombs altogether? It is just so boring. I think they are trying to bore us out of playing their stupid game…. I wonder if they really are trying to just dumb the game down now. If they get rid of the frog and the yellow key/dragon levels as well I think I'll be out of here.

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 20
    Options

I don't think they are getting rid of Bombs. My theory is that there are too many blocker types too early and they are trying to space them out. Bombs also really should be a later blocker type when you think about their mechanics.

Have a more even spread of new mechanics would be better. Sorta spread them out to where most people quit so they balance is better and people might play to higher levels since a new mechanic is coming up.

Unrelated, the Movie Season events started correctly today as I thought they might. Just that stupid gem hunt that always behaves strange.

Also today seems to be:

1. No pregame booster - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no
    2. One pregame booster - No I said… well maybe this time, next time you suffer
    3. Two pregame boosters - Here have a lucky level. Not enough, have another and another…

Seriously, bizarre.

@christinewupp While they have removed stuff like bombs and chocolate they have fixed some more levels.

vs the old one https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Level_1105

Vast improvement. Makes the level fun and not head smashing into a wall hard.

Also yes, my paintbrushes are my treasure, I will not use them. Mostly that in the past they were by far the more rare booster for the win app version. Basically got the first one and one even 1000 levels. That is it.

• christinewupp
    edited May 21
    Options

You were right, they are onto me. The tidying up started after QueenB came back, which I find it very concerning, it's starting to feel personal and I am getting paranoid. I don't want to add to the post in the other forum now, because it contained a stupid error and I wish I could delete it and hope it will disappear. I was reading an extra digit thinking it was 11 million instead of 1 million, am really kicking myself for my stupidity. I am sure that a year ago we had much longer to edit a stupid post but now they only give us 24 hours. I find that quite harsh. You mentioned DM in your post. Is this even possible? I thought King got rid of that in this forum.

About you post, I see they got rid of the chocolate then. That's what they did before: they removed both chocolate and bombs simultaneously from the earlier levels, it seems that they have extended this now beyond 1000. I am not the greatest fan of bombs but I definitely like chocolate. So when does that get introduced now? And what about the gumball machines, are they still in or did they remove them from the early levels?

I'm playing mine now very slowly. I am not using a single booster or bar until I get to level 225. Then I'll see where I get held up.

• PyroIllumination
    Options

For some reason I thought you could DM still. Never used it honestly.

As for the clean up, it might just be how messy it got with All Stars being in both forums so much. I think they want to keep it contained to the appropriate forum. Also when they archives it, nothing about this years All Stars is hanging around.

That would not be to simply "hide" stuff but to avoid old posts being resurrected next year adding to confusions when issue end up happening.

Not sure when chocolate and bombs will be introduced, likely when I get out of the current set of updated levels I imagine. This seems to be a work in progress as I have bumped into the odd bomb and chocolate level here and there.

As for the gumballs, not in the grouping I am playing. Up to 1000 has been standard levels we all know and … "love".

Hit 200 yet? 205 is the first Legendary level now. BTW 225 is honestly one of my favorite levels. I know I am crazy. Hard but a very interesting design.

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 22
    Options

So Some nice little improvements.

Stars

Guess it is going public. These are exceptionally good. The one extra square of range totally changes the way the game is played, I cannot overstate how powerful they are.

… Good GOD the game is fun. Also UFOs launch these lil monsters.

Handy

I am not sure but fish seem smarter. They were going after pieces of cake that were left not empty spots.

Also today the chocolate box vanished. Kinda makes sense, would be a bit much with that and the supercharge.

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 23
    Options

So a new wrinkle that I suspected.

Saturday, double boosters was gold. Yesterday, double boosters did nothing and were actually causing levels to try and burn them. After they wore out, the levels played better.

So it seems that each day can affect the usefulness of boosters and that can be positive or actually being negative.

That being said, with supercharge it objectively does not matter.

Lastly the express can be pretty nutty now

1 UFO, 30 min coconut wheel, 40 min lives, for 10 gold basically.

• christinewupp
    Options

I've just completed the first 200 today. Not spent a single booster or any gold, as was my intension. This is all I have managed to accumulate in a best case scenario, from events:

So tomorrow I'll hit the horrible 200s. Legendary levels neatly placed at five level intervals. I'll have to start spending some of my gold/boosters then.

I have the gumball machines! From level 186 onwards. Exciting!

Level 163 still has the chocolate as well.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?