We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Some Candy Cup statistics, who got to the final round?

124»

Comments

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,268 Level 5
    edited July 17

@christinewupp I think I may know what they're doing as I discovered something recently, a day or 2 ago. (see my Player Card 😉) I would explain, but for prying eyes—King may fix their "glitch."

I'll just say this exploit is only possible on the Win app. And no, it's likely not merged accounts as I only have one account.

Edit: Actually, just realized my Player Card wouldn't necessarily show anything suspicious like your 2 examples. The only giveaway would be my Friends knowing my habit of generally clearing 1 or 2 episodes a week.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,369 Legend

Now you've got me guessing @Deryck …. If it's just Windows then I can't test it out. But good to know there is an explanation out there. Glad to see you're back in the game. Happy Crushing!

• Deryck

I didn't actually bother to test it out on my phone app @christinewupp. I was too taken with what I'd stumbled on. 😂 Doing so now, I can confirm it also works for mobile—although the purpose I used the exploit for seems to work with Win app only. Mobile could certainly allow you to see how those #s in your screenshots are being manipulated though.

You've got a good mind; I'm sure you'll figure it out lol. And thanks for the motivation!

• christinewupp

In fact I've just noticed that my own player card is wrong. I haven't passed this many levels in this account!

• Deryck
    edited July 17

ah-hah! And I can guess the reason for that. And I'm pretty sure you'll soon put 2 and 2 together yourself.. But shhh, keep it quiet. 😉

Edit: oops! I think you actually did guess the reason earlier. Only since I was approaching from a different angle, I didn't realize at the time. But now your previous post made me make the connection too.

Also, wow, it's tough to talk in circles around something without directly talking about it! lol

• christinewupp
    edited July 18

You're making it sound like there is cheating involved. Certainly not! In fact having multiple King accounts on the same platform has been flagged as being against the rules, which is forcing players who wish to play again from the beginning to do so without creating a second account. It's this rule in fact that leaves us no choice but to merge games to our existing account rather than save it as a new account. I would have created a new account gladly, but QueenB told me that having more than one King account is perceived as having an "unfair advantage" and I would not be allowed to participate in the next All Stars if I had saved my Candy Cup winning game to a new King Account! In fact I deliberately did not save it onto the account I intend to use for All Stars, but onto the other one which I will abandon before long. You wouldn't want to play levels above 15,000 @Deryck. They are horrible and it's not fun up there at all. This is what is driving players to start again at the beginning. There is just no way I can enjoy playing my original game with so many blockers and judging by many of the posts here in the community not many players do.

Part of my little statistics post here was to see how many of the top end players are actually competing in events like the Candy Cup. Not many it seems, certainly not using their original accounts! Levels with multiple order locks, skull and keys and many colours are not suitable to play in competitions even if you have a ton of boosters and gold. Here is a nice example of a typical board.

Rainbow twist under marmalade to be removed before you can get to the keys, which must then drop before the blockers open. Playing without boosters I get the first key with 8 moves to go. And it's red, so we have five colours here.

A level like this one you would need two party poppers to get anywhere. One at the beginning and one once the blockers have been unlocked.

With two moves to go I already have collected three keys and STILL I need more keys?????

Now how am I supposed to compete in a leaderboard competition with levels like this one?

A little added note: It took me 25 attempts just now playing this level to just find out how many keys I need to unlock all the toffee swirls: five keys, and I got the fifth on my very last move on my 25th attempt, never mind then being able to remove all those blockers. Can anyone tell me how to pass this level in 22 moves? (No, not you, "watch the video it's easy" johan..) @cookiemae ? Any idea how you managed to pass this one?

• Deryck

lol, that wasn't my intention @christinewupp. tbh I wouldn't even know if this exploit has any effect on leaderboard events since I haven't gotten those events in my game. I myself use it to collect a few of the basic boosters (since that's all that can be gained from it—at least that I can tell). Seeing that King has all but removed my means of getting normal (untimed) boosters legitimately, I view this tradeoff as only fair.

I've seen a few similar levels to the one you mention, where keys (or gummi dragons) take long to appear, but none as frustrating as this. What are those psychedelic things besides the bubblegum pop supposed to be/do? Never seen that before! I think these levels are meant to be played with the initial boosters given from the Candy Necklace, namely the 2 color bombs being combined. Without using boosters & gold, I agree the levels are all but impossible to pass.

• christinewupp
    edited July 18

I see we are all in the same boat now @Deryck , thanks to an informer in this forum who thought the game was "far too easy"…...

I am not sure what those psychedelic things are called but I quite like them. You have to match candies the right colour next to them and when they pop they reveal some goodies, such as a wrap/stripe combo. I will miss those upper level features when I have to give up may game when I run out of gold. Shame.

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,846 Level 5

I wish I had a way to communicate with you. Ha ha ha…I have no idea what you are talking about, and please don't try to explain it here.🤗

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?