We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

What does it take to get to 10,000 gold bars in CCS?

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 8,369 Legend

I would like to share my latest achievement here and wonder if any of you have managed better than me?

Comments

• christinewupp

I have used a different strategy with this game:

No cheats and play only as the game is written and intended.

Playing on iPad (sideways, with candies moving from left to right, as it's the only way with a magic keyboard since King got rid of landscape mode)

Starting at level 1. Spend no gold bars or boosters at all until level 205 (Patience is needed, but the game won't kick any new player out this early in the game). Then follow my advised strategy for legendary and nightmarishly hard levels, which will involve spending 10 gold bars occasionally to keep my sanity as I don't have THAT amount of patience which the game demands lately for certain legendary levels.

I concentrated only on making gold, as I want to keep this game safe and wealthy to participate in All Stars 2025. So actually I don't want to pass thousands of levels, I would prefer not to get beyond level 5000 by March. I found that if the priority is to make gold, as opposed to passing lots of levels, then the game becomes easier as you are not falling for the mind control tricks the game plays on us, such as the drive to play on while we have free timed boosters or to keep our win streak at all costs, which is almost always a big mistake.

One episode per day seems to be the most profitable way to play. Play more and you don't get enough free boosters from events and ads (yes, I do get some ads in this game but they do disappear reliably just when I would need them!). Win the episode races. Use the good events (Season Pass, Don't feed the Troll, Chocolate box) to their best potential, ignore the rubbish events (e.g.most leaderboard events). I managed to hardly use any gold at all to buy boosters this time round because of my reduced speed. Occasionally I spent 9 gold for timed boosters to get through an episode full of legendary levels, but usually the daily treat machine will do that for me. And the fishing boat of course: Fail 5 levels and the game will give me half an hour free wrap/stripe.

Using only one device for this account, so far anyway.

• christinewupp

By the way, my method outlined above of spending no boosters before level 205 seems to no longer work. Level 192 this week proved to be a hold-you-up level if you failing on the first attempt. I got to +255 moves and still couldn't pass until I played all three starting boosters. It just goes to show how the game changes from one week to the next. Playing when the going is good and stopping when the going gets tough is always a good strategy.

• SneakyMelonFlameDuck
    SneakyMelonFlameDuck Posts: 32 Level 2

The devs just have the game AI looks for posts like yours and it modifies the game just to drive you crazy :D

• junky
    junky Posts: 45 Level 2

Love the advice given. I am stuck on level 12052 for over 3 weeks. I have literally put it down to rest my mind from it. I only have 8 gold bars which is no good to me at this time. The biggest problem I have is the game constantly freezes on me and is super slow taking forever on each move I make. So annoying. That's why I put it down for short while. I love the game . I keep on restarting it hoping it won't freeze up. Also It has gotten so bad Candy Royal drops down to win 3 levels for 200 gold. I cant get past the level to even think about trying to win 3 levels. I done pretty good getting tis far but with struggling times. I used to win a race an have won a few Royal but probably because CC put some players slower than me. Now I will change gears to my daughter playing CC. When she gets off work from teaching she is playing. She has guessing about 2000 gold bars. She does win a race each evening for 30 gold, but she has noticed she has to continue playing to win the podium on Sunday each week. Then she gets all the booster rewards. She does read the discussion quite often but not ready to join in . ( i guess from teaching students all day) When she was at home she would watch me play alot. Also on a last note it would be nice when we spend the daily wheel if King would put gold bars on there to win to help out.

• mygirl777
    mygirl777 Posts: 14 Level 2
  • christinewupp

Fabulous indeed !!!! I don't know how you did it. How did you get up there without spending it all like the rest of us? Care to share some tips? That is an awesome achievement!

And lucky you, you have the episode race flag to keep replenishing as well…. mine is gone. I wish I had your gold balance in my game at the top…..

• mygirl777

I got a lot of tips from you Christine

All episode races finished in 24 hours

If possible, only played when Candy Royal was there

(I was lucky enough to get the 1500 gold 3 or 4 times)

Lots of time, and only played when I got a good bonus

When there were games that were about gold, I always played so often that I was the winner

And with my first account, I'm at the end of the game, so I know how to play a lot of games

• mygirl777
    edited September 6

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?