Player card test

Comments

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,327 Level 5

@QueenB @cookiemae Arguably, the former leaderboard with our friends' scores on levels is the only information I need to know. 😆 Everything else in these new cards I just ignore.

• Peaches12
    Peaches12 Posts: 213 Level 3

I'm thinking they should work on accuracy instead of adding more information and making it pretty. I am also concerned about how this will affect contests where certain countries are excluded. If you are from a country that is in the contest and then visit a country that is not, will that throw you out of the contest? Sometimes I don't think King thinks these things through before they implement them.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,734 Legend

I can confirm that yes, if we travel to an excluded country during a leaderboard contest then the event will just disappear, but this is not new or related to the player cards. Events only show up according to our location, regardless of which country we are from.

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 243 Level 3

Hello @cookiemae, I get the new player card, and I also play on windows, so it cannot be because you play on windows that you are not getting this new invasion policy. I also agree with everything the above player are saying about it being nobody else business about logging in colour bombs our win streak or where we finished in the race. @christinewupp I hope you keep playing and we keep hearing from you in the forum.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,734 Legend
    edited October 17

Thanks for your support and yes I'll keep going for now, in the hope that King will make the player cards an opt in/opt out matter or abandon them before long. For the time being I guess keeping my location secret will suffice. What I don't like is the thought that anyone can track who we are by knowing where we are, which together with our names (maybe I should have used a false first name or alias) is too much information out there in the public for my liking. I don't do any social media because I don't trust the way we can be identified and tracked by our posts made, this community is the only one I ever post on. And social media is at least using passwords and security systems, this one here is utterly public and what we post can be viewed by anyone. Then anyone who sees our player cards could link that to what we have posted here, so I am getting rather wary about posting any screenshots here which would link me to my player card for anyone who might wish to track me down. I may be paranoid here, but I have come across a couple of trolls in this community who seem to harbour a strange obsessive grudge against me for some reason, so I am getting wary.

I share all my tricks here anyway, so it's more a matter of principle than that I really care about anyone knowing my playing strategy. I do find it kind of scary how "Big Brother" King are though and actually the new player cards serve as a reminder to all of us of what data they collect about us all the time. King know who uses cheats and which ones. Don't any of you for one minute think that anything we do is not being monitored or fed into some algorithm that monitors what we do. As I am still hoping to compete in All Stars 2025 I'll plod on with it all no matter what, but after that I think I'll quit. The game is getting tediously boring and ever more controlled by King's algorithms so that it's getting too predictable now, it's lost all sense of agency or gameplay.

On that note: I had a go at the original PacMan game at the airport in Paris yesterday, where they have old Pac Man machines for free entertainment while waiting. I used to love this game in 1981 and spent lots more money than I should have on it back then, finding it very addictive. I was surprised how much playing it again I was reminded of Candy Crush! I remember in 1981 watching in amazement how some experts rolled through Pac Man knowing just how to do it. I guess PacMan is following a simple to crack algorithm and once you have cracked it you can win and eventually it will just get utterly boring. It's quite sad that Candy Crush in 2024 is reminding me so of Pac Man in 1981, how King have reduced the complexity of the algorithms to such an extent that it is feeling like playing PacMan. Essentially all 17,500 levels follow the same set of simple rules. Ridiculous game really.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,812 Level 5

New friend request, do I accept? Think my Weekly Race would truly be Up The Swanny 🤣

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 243 Level 3

Hello Christine, I agree with you about social media platforms. I have never had them for the same reasons that you mentioned no Privacy. I also use to like Pacman but if I remember correctly, I think I preferred Space Invaders, as you said Pacman as well as space invaders are a bit like Candy Crush. I will keep going until I run out of gold and boosters until then I will keep plugging along. 😀

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 15,078 Community Manager

Hello Crushers!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about the new Player Cards. We understand that some of you are concerned about the level of personal information being shared, especially regarding your location and game statistics.

Your privacy is very important to us, and I’ve already passed along your concerns to the team working on this feature. 😊

Just a reminder: You do have the option to turn off your location from the game app’s settings. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open the game and go to the Settings menu (gear icon).
    2. Tap on the Profile section.
    3. Turn off the option to display your location.

However, I want to highlight that I'm listening and have shared your concerns 🫡

Your feedback is crucial to making sure we get things right, and I’ll keep you updated as we hear more from the team 😉

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,812 Level 5

Thank you @QueenB as I've said a few times it would be nice to know the thinking behind it. What was the reason the team added all the new statistics and gave a compare button? I just can't get my head around what it's all about 🤔

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?