Player card test

Comments

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,327 Level 5

@QueenB More feedback re. the inaccuracy of the updated Player Card:

I have one friend whose card indicates "Playing since 2011". According to Candy's Wiki, the game wasn't even released till 2012. What would be the reason the card claims a player's been playing since before the game came out??

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,185 Legend

@Deryck Candy Crush was released in 2011 and Candy Crush Saga was then released in 2012. Maybe the person that shows as playing since 2011 played the original version. You needed a king.com account back then and as evidenced by others it looks like the creation of your King.com address is what your start year is based on.

• Deryck

Thanks @Alienscar. You're right:

"Candy Crush Saga is a free-to-play tile-matching video game released by King on April 12, 2012, originally for Facebook; other versions for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Windows 10 followed. It is a variation of their browser game Candy Crush."

Was unaware the browser version was considered its own unique game. :o Learned something new today!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,734 Legend

Well guys I am pretty well shocked that all the Candy Crush world now knows I'm in Madagascar right now. And I thought I had even turned off location services on my device. Well I've taken QueenBs advice and turned of "Show location" in features. So I hope it's gone now? I think that is quite a big infringement of privacy. Not impressed. My parrot game is sitting on the kitchen table at home as I haven't take the old iPhone with me hence that location being UK I guess.

• Deryck

^ I think the forum needs to add a "Shook" reaction button (O_O). Sorry you fell victim to the game's spy tactics @christinewupp.

Have fun in Madagascar! (are there fun things in Madagascar..?)

I also noticed what @T0rr1e mentioned about several friends' place of residence changing. i.e., one India switched to Italy

Chose to ignore it since I thought it was just King error. Who knew it was something more sinister…

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,812 Level 5

Wow @christinewupp I agree with you, Big Brother's everywhere. There's enough to think about when travelling to another country without having to add 'check I've turned off location on my device' to your list. Just remember if you hear anyone shouting Christinewupp, Christinewupp, not to turn around, they will probably want you to play a level they've been stuck on for 2 weeks. Apart from the infringement of your privacy, I hope you're having a lovely time 😊

• Carol-38

Hola @QueenB it's me again, sorry. I know I have put a lot of this before but have now added a bit more. Just wondered if the Studio have got back to you yet re the new Player Card, letting you know the thinking behind what they have done. As you will see below when the Player Card was first being thought about, over 2 years ago, Crazy Cat Lad put 'Don't worry, no personal information will be shared nor displayed anywhere in the game'. I have attached a Player Card from my friends list (removed their name and avatar for privacy), everything shown is 'personal' to that player. So what was the personal information Crazy Cat Lad was referring to.

There may be many who aren't bothered about who sees any of the information that is being shown, but on the other hand there may be an awful lot who don't think it's anyone else's business, it is all personal and relevant to their game. Yes we have the option to not display when we last played and where we live, so King agree that is personal. In addition, something else has changed and that is the person's location. It used to show where the player lived but the new card changes to show their actual location. So if a player goes on holiday, travels abroad for work, tries to hide from their family/friends or has any reason to travel to a different country, it gets shown on their card, if they have forgotten to turn it off . Now that is Big Brother at a different level, bit like having a tag fixed to show where you are.

It would be fair to be told the reasoning behind all of this including the reason King have also given a compare button to check how we are doing against other players personal statistics , including how many combined Colour Bombs have been played, I just can't see the point of it at all. Sorry to go on but I just don't get how King have taken all of these decisions without the individual players agreement 🤔

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,734 Legend

@QueenB I would like to thank @Carol-38 for her post here and add my voice to her concerns. I have just today returned from a holiday in Madagascar and learned from one of my community friends here in a post that she knew where I was holidaying through the player card showing up in her game. Even players who are not our friends can view the new player cards, as these can be accessed through leaderboard events and as random players popping up on our maps. I am very upset about these changes: I certainly do not want random strangers to know the country of my location and I have now removed that info from my game. But I also think that it is nobody else's business how many double colour bombs I have matched or how I choose to play my game, and I don't want other players to see that kind of information that the new player cards contain. Candy Crush should be an anonymous game. I shall delete the game and withdraw from this community if these player cards don't get looked into. It is an invasion of privacy I do not agree with. I was hoping our whereabouts and personal details would be safe both here and in the game. I am very disappointed.

• Carol-38

Welcome back Christine @christinewupp and thank you for adding your feelings too. I just haven't got a clue what the thinking was/is behind all of this and would really like to find out, so hopefully someone will update @QueenB soon so that we can be told. The Player Card is still being tested and not everyone has it, so hopefully this feedback will be taken into consideration and players given back their privacy.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 1,021 Level 3

@QueenB @christinewupp I agree. I have no idea why this information is on the card. I didn't mind the leader board we had before that showed our friends score but this new card is ridiculous total invasion of privacy. I just did a 3 day trip to Vegas nobody's business that I did that. I do not have the new card in my game as of yet probably because I play on windows. Hopefully they will remove it soon. Christine you should not stop playing or remove yourself from this forum because of this issue just give king a chance to fix this. You are a valuable member here and we love your input.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?