🍫 The Chocolate Box Revamp - Any feedback?

Comments

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,803 Level 5
    Not a fan. The Chocolate Box doesn't quite appeal to my taste. I prefer the old version

Hi @QueenB bringing this up again. There is still only 19% who said they love it. I take it the Studio really aren't that concerned on how players feel, but so many bothered to vote, comment and leave feedback, it all seems pointless. How wonderful I am being offered 30 gold, how awful that it shows I have to pass 21 new levels or wait 4 days for it to ⌚⬇️.

Wouldn't be so bad if I had a decent side game, the only one I have is a 😴🥱 Leaderboard which I don't play, you'll see why below.

Let's hope they actually take notice of the survey recently completed 🤞

• quekkc
    quekkc Posts: 188 Level 3
    Not a fan. The Chocolate Box doesn't quite appeal to my taste. I prefer the old version

Ever since the timed boosters were replace with gold bars, I am loving the chocolate box again. I was offered 20 gold bars all along until yesterday it was finally changed to 30 gold bars.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 6,303 Level 5
    edited August 15

I pretty much am liking the Choclate Box that I have now, looks like the same one that @Carol-38 has. But like Carol, I do not care for the pass all the levels deal we can get at the end. My last quest of my last box is pass 16 levels and I did not even try to change it, causing that usually turns into something harder, like what Carol got or use Party Boosters, what? I try to figure the timing on my Chocolate Box so that when I get to the so, so many levels deal, I can play slowly and complete it. At least that is my most recent plan to it all…

P.S. I have one friend who plays the Choclate Box a little different than me using her gold to her advantage. I like to hoard gold. We are both at the top and she usually finishes her levels before me. There are different strategies that can be utilized. I do not have the Gold Club and yes, some decent side games please!

• Cookie5
    Cookie5 Posts: 2 Newbie

New chocolate box is frozen.

How can I get it to reset?

• Beatrice_52
    Beatrice_52 Posts: 1 Newbie

I didn’t get my 40 gold bars that I won in the chocolate box on 10 -11-24 has happened to anyone else.

• Colleen Companion Welsh
    Colleen Companion Welsh Posts: 951 Level 4
    edited October 17

@QueenB @PummyRaj

My Gold Box recently increased to 40 Gold Bars. Normally I always select Party Poppers and/or UFOs for the final task. During this event my final task frequently changes automatically without warning to complete 31 new levels or 21 new levels on the first try. This is not something I would not select for obvious reasons.  This seems to happen when the Box Event is at 40 Gold Bars.

I have reported this issue to King multiple times and I am continuously refer me to the community for assistance. 

Why have choices for these tasks if they are changed automatically? Perhaps there is something you can suggest or have investigated. Have a great day 😊

October 17, 2024 - 08:10 AM NST

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,708 Legend
    Neutral. I'm on the fence about the Chocolate Box. It's neither a hit nor a miss for me

Hi @Colleen Companion Welsh I think we all get different "bespoke" chocolate box tasks, the same way other events are manipulated so we all get a different version according to how good we are. King want us to spend money, so the event versions we get are picked in accordance to what is more likely to make us spend money on the game. Those of us who prefer the new levels tasks for the gold chocolate box sometimes are left with only the UFO and Party Popper tasks, and apparently because you prefer the UFO and Party Popper tasks King have decided to give you tasks for the gold prize which will be more "challenging" for you to fulfil. That is how their event algorithms seem to handle it: We get what we don't like. As we always say: It is what it is and there is nothing us players can do about it.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 6,303 Level 5

Greetings Colleen! I have the same Chocolate Box as you describe. It is the 5-day Chocolate Box. Some of the tasks on it are hard. Complete 31 new levels, now come on CCS powers that be! The 3-day Chocolate Box has the easiest tasks. The one I prefer is the 4-day Chocolate Box even if the gold is only 30 bars.

• Colleen Companion Welsh
    Colleen Companion Welsh Posts: 951 Level 4
    edited October 17

@christinewupp @Scooterpie agreed but why give players choices if you can randomly change them by manipulating a game to make money. Where is this written in the rules? How do we as players challenge this? I think we all know the answer but unfortunately it won't be found here in the Community.

Have a great day🙂

October 17, 2024 - 2:15 PM NST

• quekkc
    quekkc Posts: 188 Level 3

I have the same 40 Gold Bars chocolate box and I also normally picked the boosters option instead of new levels option. So far, I have not encountered any automatic changes to the final task.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?