📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Game shuts down while playing

Options
13»

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,686 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Peter, I am going to forward your message to a King Admin but she is not in today so she won't see it until tomorrow.

• Peter_A._Rivera
    Peter_A._Rivera Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Hey guys,

Ok, here is the update on the Windows 10 crashing issue.  Follow the steps below.

1. Take a print screen of the boosters that you now have in the game because once you follow the rest of the instructions, you will lose your boosters.  I was told by a King moderator that they will reimburse you for this loss so that is why you need to take a picture of what you have before continuing with the rest of the steps. Here is a link to show you how to do a print screen:  https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

2. Once you have that saved on your computer/laptop/mobile device then uninstall the game.  Then reinstall the game from the Microsoft store.  The game should now be working.

3. You will need to get your King user ID # so that a moderator can go directly into your account to add something back. Follow the steps posted from here:  https://www.elsalanger.net/blog/what-is-my-user-id-and-where-can-i-find-it

4. Once you have that number please come back here and upload your print screen ** Since the moderators are gone for the weekend they won't see your new message until they return on Monday but please post this information here during the weekend.

** to upload the print screen, just above where you are going to type your message are 3 icons.  The middle icon is for uploading pictures so click on it and then click on wherever you have that print screen saved and click on that and it will automatically be added to your message.

I'm still having the issues. Windows 10 laptop, 64bit. Uninstalled and reinstalled after following the steps above but the issue remains.
  • Raz_2_2
    Raz_2_2 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

Now the issue is happening on a different PC (desktop) and playing Soda Crush....Not a good look for KING. 

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,686 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Raz, it's also happening on Windows 7 and so far has affected Saga and Soda.  I believe this is now a Microsoft glitch and we have to wait for them to correct with their next update.  No ETA has been given yet.  

• Raz_2_2
    Raz_2_2 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

Hey Elsa, thanks for responding....As Tom Petty would say...The waiting is the hardest part : ) 

• Ronel
    Ronel Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have the same problem (Candy Crush Soda Saga) ... laptop shuts down randomly when CPU Usage & Memory gets "overtaxed".
    I have researched, tried and tweaked some recommended settings... all to no avail.  Interestingly. I am on Windows 10 also and ALSO on a laptop! 
    Downloaded a full screen, desktop version ( which is great ) but cannot fathom what it objects to? Zero issues with the game on my mobile

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    Options
    Hi @Ronel There was a server issue happened last night ( or earlier this morning) but it was for like 15 minutes or less ) I hope you didn’t really effect your game progress:)
  • Ronel
    Ronel Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    No it was never a GAME shut down. My LAPTOP shuts down after the game's CPU usage just shoots up the "revs" big time. Laptop starts noisily "straining at the leash"  :o almost from the minute I sign in to play the game (Candy Crush Soda Saga). Game Progress not affected

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?