⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why doesn't game refresh anymore after exiting and re-entering same game?

Gracelurtsema
Gracelurtsema Posts: 7 Level 2
The color bombs, etc. stay in the same place when you exit and re-enter game.

Answers

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Hello, @Gracelurtsema! This is happening to me as well, but I don't think it's a glitch. I think this is Kings way of making the game more difficult. If you had a full booster bot, you could just enter and exit the game until you get two color bombs beside each other and quickly annihilate the levels. 
  • pvalla2
    pvalla2 Posts: 50 Level 3
    I’m at level 4823. Being able to refresh the board by going out and back in to a game stopped working for me Wednesday. I have noticed if I change the selected boosters it will change the board but if I deselect the boosters, board goes back to initial placements. Anybody know what’s going on. 
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    @pvalla2, I think it's supposed to be that way to make it more challenging.
  • nrs
    nrs Posts: 5 Level 2
    I really think this makes the game very hard and you have no options because the board and boosters stay the same.  This has really taken the fun out of the game for me. I am on level 4126 for many days and since i can't reshuffle board or boosters about ready to quit. I do hope kings goes back to the easy it was!!
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited June 2019
    The color bombs, etc. stay in the same place when you exit and re-enter game.

@Gracelurtsema

Hi Grace! Welcome to the Community!

When your game does not refresh after exiting and coming back in, it simply means that you have not set up that feature on your Phone Settings after you install the App. 

Go to Settings. Go down to the Apps installed on your phone and locate Candy Crush Saga. Tap the arrow to the right of it that looks like > or greater symbol in math. Enable Background App Refresh just like the ScreenShot below and you're all set.

Hope this answers your questions or concerns!

Thanks!

• nrs
    No such symbol on android phone in setting. Only gives option to force stop or uninstall. This just started about 4 days ago. 
  • mercerik
    @nrs

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

I ditched my Android so I can't checked that out for you. The battery swelled-up and almost exploded on me. After I got my iPhone, I never had any issues.

Every phone should have that function or at least should automatically do it if they don't have one.
  • mercerik
    @nrs

I searched Background App Refresh on Android. According to Google, Android has it but it is disabled to preserve the battery life. You might want to Explore on Your Settings.

Hope this helps! 
  • SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    It is not related to the Background App Refresh. Dozens of players have been complaining about this in the past few days and they can't all suddenly have the same problem with the app refresh when they have never had such problems before. We have been told by a Community Manager that not being able to reset the board is a deliberate design change in the game: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/257626/board-reset-not-working/p1
  • nrs
    That is what I thought and I think it's a big mistake. It gives you no options in the game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?