⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Video for lives and boosters

Options
KLewis12
KLewis12 Posts: 3 Newbie
I have been playing Candy Crush for yeaaarrrss! And it wasn’t until I recently got my girlfriend playing that I even knew about free boosters if you watch an ad or if you run out of lives. She can even watch an ad for five more moves if she doesn’t complete a level. I’m am very upset about this and it’s almost disheartening to see how much help she can receive so easily where as I would have to wait 48 hours for just a chance at one free move. Why don’t I get the same options as her? I never deleted the game, I always upgrade the app..I’m upset. I’d hate to have to stop playing because you all aren’t giving everyone the same opportunities. 😕

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @KLewis12
    We are very pleased that you have joined our king community. Here i am, trying to help you.🙏🏻

Currently the King has released a large number of new events & offers, and has shared it through a few groups. Not all events/ offers are for everyone. Before any change is implemented a randomly chosen group of players is selected to trial the feature, and based upon how the change is viewed king then decide whether the change is one they want to adopt or not. This feature has been rolled out to different players for a certain amount of time but not everyone will receive this.
    If you not received ad videos  that mean you are now not under the testing group.😎
    However, you can check app update & internet. These may also be the cause of this problem.
  • KLewis12
    Options
    Ok; well my follow up question is how long does the random testing go on? Because like I said, I’ve been playing for years and ever since my girlfriend re-downloaded it probably last fall, she’s had this feature. Never removed or anything. I am just now speaking up about this but it’s been quite some time now. And also, when will they determine when the change will be pushed to all players?
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Options
    @KLewis12
    There are not many events in my own game. But I will not lose hope because I get it again. Although I can not tell the actual time😂 
    Whenever king development crew wants to introduce a new feature, they try it first on a number of players that are randomly chosen, to check if everything is alright. 
    A/B testing is very common practice in the IT industry and it is put in place for technical reasons. king need to know if the feature can be supported before releasing it to the whole world.
    Here's an article on Wikipedia about A/B testing, which might spread some light on this practice and why king do this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing  
  • Bachanaram5_Garg
    Bachanaram5_Garg Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    KLewis12 said:
    I have been playing Candy Crush for yeaaarrrss! And it wasn’t until I recently got my girlfriend playing that I even knew about free boosters if you watch an ad or if you run out of lives. She can even watch an ad for five more moves if she doesn’t complete a level. I’m am very upset about this and it’s almost disheartening to see how much help she can receive so easily where as I would have to wait 48 hours for just a chance at one free move. Why don’t I get the same options as her? I never deleted the game, I always upgrade the app..I’m upset. I’d hate to have to stop playing because you all aren’t giving everyone the same opportunities. 😕
    Same problem with me also
  • KLewis12
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Well I’ve NEVER had events in my game to even “get them again.” And I know about A/B testing. The bottom line is that I’m playing at a disadvantage and it isn’t fair.
  • verau
    verau Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have the same issue as well. When I found out that my brother just watching video adds and get boosters. I never have this. I am really upset. It is not fair. Everyone has to have same options . I send e-mails king customer support few times and got same answers as ‘Join the community ‘.I have now joined the community but still can’t find a solution. It is annoying. I have been playing long time and I am now 4947. I think I am gonna stop playing as this is not FAIR. 
  • farain
    farain Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    This excuse that you are not in a test is not true. They have been testing this ad video thing for over a year. Their AI knows who is the online shopper and who is not. I got video ads for a short while and every so often I clicked in them to learn more about the product or service I was interested in. Still they cut me off. My wife does all of our online shopping and home shopping. She uses the same email for shopping as Candy Crush. She has been getting video ads for almost two years. I am using one of my emails that is private and is not for shopping. 
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Options
    farain said:
    This excuse that you are not in a test is not true. They have been testing this ad video thing for over a year. Their AI knows who is the online shopper and who is not. I got video ads for a short while and every so often I clicked in them to learn more about the product or service I was interested in. Still they cut me off. My wife does all of our online shopping and home shopping. She uses the same email for shopping as Candy Crush. She has been getting video ads for almost two years. I am using one of my emails that is private and is not for shopping. 
    There is no rule that if you buy anything you get the test features. Promotion allocation is random, and so king unable to send or re-send/reset the active promotions for specific players. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• farain
    Options
    You have been saying that this is testing phase. It is not. My wife is the shopper in the house for us and she is active shopping online and through facebook. Your AI has recognized that and gives her video ad for lives and boosters. My email and profile is not active shopper and I don’t get any Video ads. This is not fair. W make all the money for the family any she is the one that gets all the videos. 
  • farain
    Options
    There is no testing going on.  It is A B. Your AI put my wife in A and me in B category.  This way she gets all extras while I fall behind. You just want to frustrate me to the point that I start spending money to by extra goodies from you. Dream on. I am almost at level 4,000 without spending a penny and I am proud of that. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?