⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

What happened to the words that are supposed to be on this page?

Best Answer

• Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Hello everyone, 

@Sukanta_Biswas
    @mercerik

This post is heading off topic and unnecessarily heated. @StewInArizona I understand that enabling Flash and issues with the written content in the game at king.com can be frustrating but this is where it boils down to:

1) Enabling Flash is not up to King. Most browsers are phasing out Flash and a part of that process is that you will need to take additional steps to enable Flash. No need to manually install Flash, no need to call your device manufacturer, enabling Flash for Candy Crush Saga at king.com involves all users. If you feel like enabling Flash every time is too much of a hassle, there are other ways to play the game on PC, which are Facebook or if you're on Windows 10 machine, you can download the game app from Microsoft Store. 

2) The issue with written content in the game (the gibberish you reported initially) has been raised with the game team and should be resolved soon. No need to do any troubleshooting from your end. 

3) Our House Rules are what keeps our Community a healthy environment for all, and we ask everyone in Community to follow those rules. Although disagreeing is natural, being disrespectful towards others is not tolerated. 

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 15,585 Level 2

Here's my answer! ;)<3

Hi @StewInArizona,

Welcome to the best Community and thank you very much for playing Candy Crush Saga!  :hurrah:

If you didn't know, "Old Candy Crush Saga Facebook version (flash)" was removed and discontinued completely and replaced with brand new version (mobile version) on 2017 to make the game even more better and more sweeter for Facebook players and Candy team was stop working on the old version of the game and they stop creating new levels on that version after they switched over to HTML5... so that's why you've seen a lot of bugs and issues happening with the old version of the game! ;)

However, try to upgrade your browser to the latest version to get the new Candy Crush version if you are using Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari with the latest version because these browsers are only support HTML5!

But Flash Player will be shut down on December 2020 so the old version of Candy Crush is no longer be available on Facebook or King.com after that date so you need to upgrade!

Watch the video the know more information about HTML5! ;)

https://youtu.be/E2hh-0iU-l0

Have a great day! ❤🍩🍦🍰🍭🍬🍫

• StewInArizona
    StewInArizona Posts: 18 Level 2
    I have the latest chrome and firefox  - they both test good at html5test.com - but the words are still messed up
    How do I use html5 on king.com games and get this working again?
    Worked fine until last week by the way - no problems since 2017 like you say above

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Posts: 12 Level 2
    I'm pretty tired of hearing the same old wrong answers to the issues users are having. I just started having this same problem with the wording today. Guess what? I'm using a brand new laptop with all the bells and whistles. I also can't send moves or receive lives. It makes no difference to upgrade, I'm as upgraded as it gets. So, it's quite condescending to imply it's the users fault for not being up to date when you have no idea if that's the case.
  • StewInArizona
    thanks for your update- this worked fine until last week - their canned answer says it should have broke in 2017
    Now what? they hide behind their inept tech support?

• StewInArizona
    edited September 2019
    I disabled flash in chrome and firefox - when i go to king.com it says flash player is disabled - What now?

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator

Hi @stewlnArizona
    Welcome, and thank you for becoming a member of the King Community! I will be very happy if I can help you.

I could understand the language of the game if it was English. However You received this message because you could not clear the jelly by certain steps. 
    Show me a full screenshot of the game map.
  • StewInArizona
    edited September 2019
    If I go to king.com and then select candy crush saga a black page comes up and says Run adobe flash - No other option - If I close it I don't get to play - if I select it - I can play but the wording on everything is messed up like I originally posted in this thread - why won't it run on html 5 if both my browsers test okay at html5test.com?

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    @Sherlock
    Please give me a brief description of your problem. what device, what platform you're using for this game?
    Let me know..
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited September 2019
    I disabled flash in chrome and firefox - when i go to king.com it says flash player is disabled - What now?

I have the latest chrome and firefox  - they both test good at html5test.com - but the words are still messed up
    How do I use html5 on king.com games and get this working again?
    Worked fine until last week by the way - no problems since 2017 like you say above

@StewInArizona

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

Chrome comes built in with it's own version of Flash, you are not required to install a separate plugin to enable Flash in Chrome. If your Chrome is Up-To-Date, you should have Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) if you have 64-bit, otherwise it should say 32-bit. If your browser is updated, then the chrome version of Flash is updated as well.

Come December 2020, Google Chrome and the other browsers will have HTML5 built in the browsers. The browsers will  take care of this to make sure that the Users' Browsing is Safe & Secured. 

Please make sure your browser is Fully Updated and after each update, when the browser ask you to relaunch, please do so, so that the changes take effect.

Warning: Please do not upload & install the Flash Player because if you do, it will have a conflict with the built-in version on Chrome which is the reason why some of you have issues running the game. 

You said you disabled Flash in Chrome, how did you manage that? There is nothing in the Chrome Flash Settings that will let you disable or enable it, unless your Chrome Browser is an old version. Please check on that!

Hope this helps! If you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask! 

• StewInArizona
    firefox 69.0
    64-bit
    If both my browsers - firefox 69 and chrome 77 test good at html5test.com why don't they work?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?