⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Updating Candy Crush Saga

Katsby
Katsby Posts: 38 Level 2
I've been playing this for years on the Window 10 App on my PC from the Microsoft store.  Just few days ago when I open it, it displays this message, "We’re updating Candy Crush Saga. It should be ready to use again shortly."  Been like this for days now.  How do I get it back?  I could uninstall and install but then I'd lose my booster items that I've collected?  I don't care about the friend gifted lives, which I understand will be reset to zero.   I've also tried resetting it through the game settings.  If this helps, I recently had a windows 10 update. (ugh)   Not sure if that was after the update or before.  Can't remember exactly if I was able to access it before the update. 

Help!  I've been playing it on Facebook version but that isn't the same.  

Best Answer

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend
    Answer ✓
    Don't wait until it tells you that.  When I went into my settings it wasn't telling me to update but I did a search for an update and it did install the 1909.  I just rebooted my computer and reopened it and it's asking me if I still want to download and install another update.  Go into your settings and click on the check for updates button.  Please let me know if it installs 1909.  I was 1903 and that was why I wasn't getting anything until the 1909 installed.

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,799 Candy Moderator
    Hello @Katsby.  I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem.  I am going to tag my fellow superstar @Elsa because I know that she also plays on a PC with the Windows 10 App and she may be better able to help you.
  • Katsby
    Hello @Katsby.  I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem.  I am going to tag my fellow superstar @Elsa because I know that she also plays on a PC with the Windows 10 App and she may be better able to help you.

Thank you for your reply.  I await for hers, hopefully with a solution.  Fingers crossed. 
  • _Elsa_
    Thanks for tagging me @bearwithme@Katsby there was some kind of problem with last week's episode.  When I opened the game it only showed me 15 levels instead of the 45-60.  This is on Windows 10.   I was told to update the game app which I did but I didn't get anymore levels.  Then someone wrote to ask me if I had the most recent update of Microsoft Windows.  When I checked it wasn't.  Once I updated the version then I got the other 30 levels.  Go into your Windows settings and you should have the 1909 version.  If not, then update.  I just clicked on the update and now I have to restart the computer!  Darn it!  Your game version should be 1.164.  I am going to restart the computer so let me know if this works or not.
  • Katsby
    Elsa said:
    Thanks for tagging me @bearwithme@Katsby there was some kind of problem with last week's episode.  When I opened the game it only showed me 15 levels instead of the 45-60.  This is on Windows 10.   I was told to update the game app which I did but I didn't get anymore levels.  Then someone wrote to ask me if I had the most recent update of Microsoft Windows.  When I checked it wasn't.  Once I updated the version then I got the other 30 levels.  Go into your Windows settings and you should have the 1909 version.  If not, then update.  I just clicked on the update and now I have to restart the computer!  Darn it!  Your game version should be 1.164.  I am going to restart the computer so let me know if this works or not.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I'm on Windows 1903 version.  It was just updated recently and it says I don't need update.  I googled it and I do see 1909 is out but it's not telling me to update yet.  I will when I have time.  At least there's hope.  Thank you again.  
  • _Elsa_
    Answer ✓
    Don't wait until it tells you that.  When I went into my settings it wasn't telling me to update but I did a search for an update and it did install the 1909.  I just rebooted my computer and reopened it and it's asking me if I still want to download and install another update.  Go into your settings and click on the check for updates button.  Please let me know if it installs 1909.  I was 1903 and that was why I wasn't getting anything until the 1909 installed.

• Katsby
    Elsa said:

I will get to it when I can.  I realized my computer is messed up.  Microsoft store page crashes as soon as I bring it up so I'm unable to access the Microsoft store and many other things.  Would need to reset my computer and windows - a task I don't look forward doing.  Hopefully it'll work after that which I'm sure it will.  
  • _Elsa_
    Good luck and let us know if you need more help. 
  • LitheLady
    LitheLady Posts: 8 Level 2
    @Elsa - your advice was spot on for me. Thanks

• _Elsa_
    Yes!  I am so happy that it worked for you.  What level are you on.  I just finished yesterday’s episode.  Only 45 levels this week.
  • Katsby
    I updated windows and am now on 1909.  Microsoft store however is still broken.  It crashes when I try to click on the app which means I cannot play Candy Crush Saga or anything from that store.  Will need to re-install Windows.  

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?