The Cosmic Climb event is here! Let us know what you think

Comments

• SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    I would love to let you know what I really think about the Cosmic Climb, but knowing the filters in here it would never get published. So let's keep it polite and civil. Pointless, useless, and as already mentioned, totally unfair to those players who have already completed all available levels and have only few levels where they don't have three stars already. So we need to scroll down over 5000 levels on mobile (because of course there is no "down" button even though dozens of players have requested one for years and it would be easy to implement) to locate levels where we possibly have room to improve the score.

The grand "prize" then - oh please!

So if you are among the many winners, you then get to customize the character, and then others can vote for it, and if your character is the winner it MAY appear in the game (obviously for completely free, i.e. you do not actually gain any benefit from any of the work you do).

I suppose this "prize" sound mega exciting to your average game developer (teenager or early twenties) but believe or not many of your players are middle-aged or older and frankly, at least I fail to see the attraction.
  • mowie
    mowie Posts: 163 Level 3
    just started slowly creeping on up i guess will see how we do i leveled up again but getting stuck hopefully i'll figure it out
  • Von_3
    Von_3 Posts: 502 Level 3
    If by a miracle I won this mind-boggling amazing prize for the cosmic climb I would attempt to find some printable comment to tell King where to stick it.
  • ernstbln
    ernstbln Posts: 297 Level 3
    edited December 2019
    I get only 45 levels a week. can't compete but even if I could what does it get me !!!!! I lost Dexter and several other chances to win boosters as the levels get harder. we need to be able to get boosters if we are gonna continue !!
  • Fakhri
    Fakhri Posts: 797 Level 4
    very happy with this competition...😄
  • SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    The saddest thing is that the Studio truly seems to think that this steaming pile of manure is the best thing since sliced bread. So they have put out a press release, which has been picked up by many gaming web sites, for example here https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/081614/candy-crush-sagas-festive-themed-cosmic-climb-tournament-kicks-off-today/

It's an useful source of more information:

"Those who are at top of the leaderboard on the third mountain will harness the epic powers of the Candy Cosmos to customise fan-favourite character, Tiffi. There are plenty of fetching, festive items to try out, and the final customised version of Tiffi will wear a collection of the most popular items selected by the winners. There are, for example, festive hats, gloves, socks, and shoes to choose from."

So this is the pinnacle of what can be achieved. If you are one of the winners, you get to dress a cartoon character in festive hats, socks and gloves! I mean, really????? A four-year old maybe would be thrilled, but you seriously expect your adult game players to go for this?

However, one positive thing to be learned from the press material:

"Once the dust has settled on the tournament, the fan-designed Tiffi will be presented to all Candy Crush players throughout a seven-day event where everyone can power through levels and earn special rewards (Character Reveal: 26th December - 2nd January)."

So there is in fact at least some light at the end of the tunnel and a possibility to earn something that is actually useful.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,741 Level 5
    @SagaR

Thank you for the info and link. It is nice to know that there maybe light at the end of the tunnel. I feel for all of us players who cannot possibly participate in this contest. I very much miss Dexter this week, there is basically no reason for me to play CC now except for when the new levels come out. Too many timed boosters! The "old flash" online version at King.com where you can still collect regular boosters has been acting up for months! I can no longer suggest that other players go to the King.com version to play for regular boosters. Apparently this version of the game will no longer exist after December 2020 anyway. Changes are good and keep the game fresh! However, taking away the ability to collect some amount of regular boosters is a game killer for me. My game within the game has always been collecting boosters. 

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    edited December 2019
    It's been a fierce battle going on in the cosmic climb, but I'm trying to hang in there. A lot of good players gathering stars. WOW
  • Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Dear community,

Thank you very much for all your feedback.

I can totally understand all of you that have completed all levels of game and are currently waiting for new ones to be released. @bearwithme @Werner_Cichy @Scooterpie @Von_3 @Deryck @Anetta23

Also, since Sugar Stars are not counting for this event, if you have already obtained 3 stars in all other previous levels, there is no much you can do for the Cosmic Climb event. 

I'm taking notes and belive me you valuable feedback will be shared with the Studio so they can understand better why this event is not very appealing to you guys. 

Besides your feedback in regards to the event mechanics (how to get stars), I'm also understanding you better as players. Whereas some of you show no interest in the final reward of Cosmic Climb (design a special customized version of our sweet little Tiffi), others are really excited about it. Also, I'm getting to know that some of you would like to have a way to navigate easily through the map and you already mentioned this idea in the past. 

On a positive note, there are many other players as for example @mysticalmysty @SeraphicStar @Glenn1972 @Probir_Sen @mowie @Fakhri that I really hope are enjoying the event! Since they are still progressing the levels leader, they definitely have great chances to be at the very top of the rankings. 

For all of you that can obtain stars for the Cosmic Climb event, remember the following: 
    • At the end of each challenge, players in the top 10 positions will receive a chest with boosters as a reward.
    • Also, the top 10 players will make it to the following round and climb the next mountain.
    • The 1st round (the qualifier round) ends December 3rd! 

Keep your feedback coming, Candy Crushers!

Have a delicious day and good luck everyone climbing the chocolate mountain. Remember, follow the magic Northern lights and reach the very top! 
  • Sickfrog
    Sickfrog Posts: 36 Level 2
    I still have not seen any Cosmic Climb event in my game. I'm at level 5868 (on Android) so I really don't care much for it anyway. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?