📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Updating Candy Crush Saga

Options
2»

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,693 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Wow that is strange that it crashes when you try to open up the store.  Have you contacted Microsoft at all?
  • Katsby
    Katsby Posts: 38 Level 2
    Options
    I haven't.  There are variety solutions online when I googled since it looks like I'm not alone.  I plan on updating my computer with new parts (waiting for black Friday deals) and re-install windows, I'll see if everything is back to normal.  Thank you for your concern.  In the meantime I've been playing it on Facebook.  Just few episodes behind Win10 app.  
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    I am glad that I met you because if something happens to my Microsoft store then I am going to contact you!
  • Katsby
    Options
    Okay, I've got new motherboard and CPU and installed new copy of Windows10.  Everything is working perfectly.  Got my Microsoft store back and re-installed Candy Crush Saga.  Great to be back in business!  

Looking back, it was my corrupted Windows10.  It was so broken that many things weren't working right.  I could have reset Windows10 or re-installed it to fix it but I knew I was going to be updating my computer parts so I waited til then.  

Thanks everyone!  Feels so good to see things working like it should.  
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Hi @Katsby, great news!  How can it get corrupted?  Maybe I shouldn't jinx myself by asking that.
  • Katsby
    Options
    Elsa said:
    Hi @Katsby, great news!  How can it get corrupted?  Maybe I shouldn't jinx myself by asking that.

Just overtime.  I've had the same PC for a long time (5 years) and it slowly was causing issues.   I searched online what the causes were and it said: 

Sudden power outages - I have had those. 
    Mismatched versions 
    Updating errors - had many windows updates as you know.  

So it's definitely one of these.  I would like to think it's rare.  Hopefully.  

Am having fun playing CCS again!  Installing CCS again on new computer parts It did erase all my friend's lives given to me but saved my boosters which is to be expected.  

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Never expecting a definite regarding the boosters.  I would like to believe that 90% of the time we see the boosters again but what about that other 10%?
    1188117500 Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

I have to restart my computer once every day in order to play Candy Crush via Facebook. I do have the latest and great Windows 10 update. I just recently got a new computer and did not have this issue with my old computer. Any other suggestions? I can play it just fine on my Iphone.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @1188117500 and welcome to our Community!

Please play via the Windows app instead if the game doesn't work properly on a browser. You can download the app from Microsoft Store here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?