No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Options

Comments

• adahelena
    adahelena Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options
    mercerik said:
    adahelena said:
    mercerik said:
    Wow.  I have been a loyal Candy Crusher for years.  I have spent many hundreds of dollars playing the game despite the occasional frustration and glitch.  I will play this game far less now (if at all) due to this change! You should grandfather in the legacy users and make this rule applicable only to new players! Instead of being excited to play, I'm must frustrated on nightmarish levels and will probably just blow all my stored up boosters and quit for good. Not a good way to keep your base.  (Even Trump keeps his base and he's a terrible person). Way to go! Covfeve yourself!
    @Michelle-69  

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Board Reset Thread!  I love your sense of humor! ❤️ I am sure your second to the last sentence of your paragraph put a smile on some readers faces. 😊 👍 👌
    worst response team ever. you guys really should be better poised for such a devastating error. lots of money lost, esp mine
    @adahelena

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

What team are you talking about? I don't work for King Games. I don't have a boss. I am Self-Employed and a YouTube Creator. If you were confused because of the Sketch Picture of Tiffi with my Message of why we are here, that was the Prize that I got from entering King's Video Competition a few months ago. I didn't know what to do with it so I used it to send a message here. I am a YouTube Candy Crush Saga Gamer. I am here to support Players/Members who are trying to bring back the Free Board Reset. 

Please read my comments well so you won't get confused with my real intentions! I am one of you, a Community Member. 

Thanks! 
    the only reason i “confused” you with a message board moderator is because you are acting like one. if you are just “one of us” then stop policing others’ comments on this board. people are free to post any opinions they have about this horrendous “fix” in the game.
  • miggs44
    miggs44 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I purchased boosters when I could play the game a certain way. Then, after my purchase, the rules of the game changed. Now my boosters have a significantly lower value because I can't preview the board and determine when the use of a booster will be effective or not. I don't appreciate the makers of this game altering the value of my purchases after the fact without warning. It feels unfair and bad. I don't play games to feel bad, and thus, I will not be playing this game anymore. It used to be fast-paced, exciting and fun. Now it's boring and a waste of money. Bye now. 
  • pmor
    pmor Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options
    As an FYI for those wondering aboit losing ability to watch ads - the thing is if no advertisers are willing to pay for their ads to be shown then there's no way to provide the ability to do so. I'd guess that due to many recent negative changes and loss of customers the advertisers lost interest, so now there's no one wanting to pay to advertise in the game anymore. This change will likely make it highly unlikely that advertisers will come back, or new ones join. When a company starts to get a bad name in its industry then advertisers steer clear for fear of getting smeared with the bad smell....
  • Luvofa_Candy
    Luvofa_Candy Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement.

We really care more about money than the feelings of long-time players.

Those of you who don't like it or are somehow offended can go rub rock salt.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    Options
    adahelena said:
    mercerik said:
    adahelena said:
    mercerik said:
    Wow.  I have been a loyal Candy Crusher for years.  I have spent many hundreds of dollars playing the game despite the occasional frustration and glitch.  I will play this game far less now (if at all) due to this change! You should grandfather in the legacy users and make this rule applicable only to new players! Instead of being excited to play, I'm must frustrated on nightmarish levels and will probably just blow all my stored up boosters and quit for good. Not a good way to keep your base.  (Even Trump keeps his base and he's a terrible person). Way to go! Covfeve yourself!
    @Michelle-69  

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Board Reset Thread!  I love your sense of humor! ❤️ I am sure your second to the last sentence of your paragraph put a smile on some readers faces. 😊 👍 👌
    worst response team ever. you guys really should be better poised for such a devastating error. lots of money lost, esp mine
    @adahelena

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

What team are you talking about? I don't work for King Games. I don't have a boss. I am Self-Employed and a YouTube Creator. If you were confused because of the Sketch Picture of Tiffi with my Message of why we are here, that was the Prize that I got from entering King's Video Competition a few months ago. I didn't know what to do with it so I used it to send a message here. I am a YouTube Candy Crush Saga Gamer. I am here to support Players/Members who are trying to bring back the Free Board Reset. 

Please read my comments well so you won't get confused with my real intentions! I am one of you, a Community Member. 

Thanks! 
    the only reason i “confused” you with a message board moderator is because you are acting like one. if you are just “one of us” then stop policing others’ comments on this board. people are free to post any opinions they have about this horrendous “fix” in the game.
    @adahelena

I wasn't acting like a moderator. I am not policing anyone's comments. If I see someone's posting with a nice humor, I praise it. I don't have to be a Moderator or a Community Manager to express my opinion. If you would look at my first response to the Community Manager's Camouflage Unintended Issue and fix, you would not have criticized me for praising someone's comments. Please don't mistake a praise for criticism!

I understand you are frustrated and so are all of us here. Don't take your frustrations out on me when I am just trying to help out. You are not the only one being affected by this. We need as much support as we can get to get this reversed. It would be nice if we could flip some members who have displaced loyalty, taking sides other than ours for personal reasons, trying to undermine people whose main intention is to help bring back what was taken away. Unfortunately, I had to go thru that.

As I said, I am not here to pick a fight with anyone. Keep that in mind!
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    pmor said:
    As an FYI for those wondering aboit losing ability to watch ads - the thing is if no advertisers are willing to pay for their ads to be shown then there's no way to provide the ability to do so. I'd guess that due to many recent negative changes and loss of customers the advertisers lost interest, so now there's no one wanting to pay to advertise in the game anymore. This change will likely make it highly unlikely that advertisers will come back, or new ones join. When a company starts to get a bad name in its industry then advertisers steer clear for fear of getting smeared with the bad smell....
    That would make more sense if the loss of said videos was inflicted on EVERY player and not just the random lot of "too bad, so sad" players that have either NEVER had them (or other occasional offerings like the current Holiday stockings). It's not even player-specific, it hits the random device which is clearly under the control of King. They choose which batch of device identifiers they want to hit. Then the player wakes up to an out-of-the-blue change to their device, and only that device. That is unless, like myself, both of my devices are tagged during an update and are now part of the same lot of identifiers. My Mom's phone has had auto-update turned off. Her tablet has never had them to begin with, lol
  • xarmy
    xarmy Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

First of all, thank you very much to all you for coming by and sharing your opinion with us and a warm welcome to the forum to all newcomers. 🙂

I wanted to let you know that your feedback has been shared with the Studio and we will be having more conversations around this change in the game during this and the upcoming weeks. Also, I've changed the title of this topic (thank you very much for the suggestion!) and pinned it as an announcement. 

I would also like to confirm that, for now, there are no plans to undo this change in the game. However, due to your feedback, the Studio will be looking into this, we acknowledge the want to be able to preview the levels and will be looking into different ways on how we could incorporate that into the game. 

With that being said, I cannot promise that something will definitely come into the game nor I can give you an estimated date, but I'll certainly keep the conversation going with the Studio so they know what's the community opinion. 

Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?
    If yes, please share it with us here and I'll be taking it to the Studio! Let's discuss together ideas and options that could be implemented to the game in the future!

Once again, I'd like to thank every one and each of you for sharing your feedback with the community. Please, keep it coming!

Have a delicious day  🙂

• xarmy
    xarmy Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Guess what??? You lose another player. I had spent a lot of money playing this game, I am in level 5111 and have been stuck there since your “fix”.  Greed really got you this time!! You won’t be getting a single $$$ from me anymore! 
    The best thing about your “fix” is that  I had found more games where I can spend my money.  Who ever made this decision is a “ genius” lol
    Don’t you read the comments? 
    You are losing all your loyal players!!
    bye! 

• JethrinaBodina
    Options
    xarmy said:
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

Did you forget to add your own comment?
    This thread is devoted to the response to Pounawea's posts, so they've been seen and quoted well over a hundred times by now.

That being said, the community would like to know what you're thoughts are and how it's affected you and/or other players that you know! ✌

• JethrinaBodina
    Options
    ontgt55 said:
    As most that have commented, I also disagree with the recent change and would like the ability to back out of a level without losing a life and my boosters.  Since this is NOT the first time this has happened, I’d like to understand why the change occurred in the first place (something that has not been addressed yet). Since everyone plays with the same rules, there isn’t an unfair advantage for one player or another; rather, the advantage goes back to the developers (as if they need any more since they’re writing the code). 
     King already controls which boosters can be used on any given level, so why impact game lives as well?   

ontgt55 said:
    Since everyone plays with the same rules, there isn’t an unfair advantage for one player or another;

This statement can't be further from the truth. Literally the ONLY thing every player shared that was taken from the game is the Reset. The inconsistencies in the game between platforms and devices are too numerous to rehash here. I posted a short time ago regarding these unfair differences that affect gameplay from not only one person to another, but one person's different devices. It's entirely possible to have three different "versions" on three different devices played by the same player. 
    It's these inconsistencies that drove me to this forum to ask if I am alone in the loss of video ads for moves and boosters after the recent updates. I am not. I'm so mad at myself for updating both of my devices at the same time, thereby giving King the ability to tag my devices, lump them into the same batch of however they identify them, and effectively steal my ability to continue to enjoy their FREE game. I refuse to pay to play, on principle as well as for financial reasons. I have been tempted, though, and that's what they're hoping I will cave to, temptation. Ha! Not happening!
    Yes, they can tag your devices and they know who you are. They will delete your account and ban you from the game if you surreptitiously find ways to cheat. If they can use that power for "good", they can also use it for "evil".

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?