Candy Crush reverted back to old version and I can NOT get the new version back

RoslynWatson
RoslynWatson Posts: 3 Newbie

Candy Crush reverted back to old version and I can NOT get the new version back. Have tried clearing cookies, uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. Am playing Candy Crush on laptop, chrome browser and win 7 and have been playing this game for years.

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,367 Candy Moderator
    Hello @RoslynWatson - Happy New Year and welcome to our friendly community.  So after re-installing the game - you can't update it to the most current version of the game?

Part of the problem may be that you are still playing via Win 7 and not Win 10.  Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses because you will no longer receive software updates, including security updates, from Microsoft. If something should happen where you need service or support it will no longer be available.  The players I have seen in the community who are at the highest levels are all playing via the Win 10 app.
  • Anna_C
    Anna_C Posts: 6 Level 2
    Well I have windows10 and have the same problem. Tried everything you recommend in this forum but, I'm still with old/flash version. I also tried to contact the team multiple times but, as you don't have a subtopic related to this, only got general and useless information. So I would say it's not a windows 7 problem...
  • RoslynWatson
    RoslynWatson Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thank you Anna for your comment. I knew it wasn't a Win 7 problem as have been playing on Win 7 for years and I have turned off all updates from Microsoft also years ago. I am pretty sure that the problem originated at King's end, so will just have to wait and see if it rectifies itself or stop playing Candy Crush. 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited January 2020
    Thank you Anna for your comment. I knew it wasn't a Win 7 problem as have been playing on Win 7 for years and I have turned off all updates from Microsoft also years ago. I am pretty sure that the problem originated at King's end, so will just have to wait and see if it rectifies itself or stop playing Candy Crush. 
    @RoslynWatson!

Hi Roslyn! Welcome to the Community! 

Just want to let you know that Windows 7 does not meet the Operating System Requirements to run Candy Crush Saga App. Please see the Microsoft Store ScreenShot below:

Windows 7 Support is ending this month. For your Network Security if you are using WiFi that is connected to several devices, you might want to think about Upgrading to Windows 10. Here is the link for more information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020
    Please see the ScreenShot below:

• mercerik
    edited January 2020
    Anna_C said:
    Well I have windows10 and have the same problem. Tried everything you recommend in this forum but, I'm still with old/flash version. I also tried to contact the team multiple times but, as you don't have a subtopic related to this, only got general and useless information. So I would say it's not a windows 7 problem...
    Hi there, @Anna_C !  Welcome to the Community!

You will have to specify how you play the Candy Crush Saga game. Are you playing the game through a browser like Google Chrome or are you playing thru a Windows 10 Stand-Alone App downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Store?

It would help if you could provide me with a ScreenShot of how your version looks like.

Thanks!
  • Anna_C
    mercerik said:
    Anna_C said:
    Hi there, @Anna_C !  Welcome to the Community!

You will have to specify how you play the Candy Crush Saga game. Are you playing the game through a browser like Google Chrome or are you playing thru a Windows 10 Stand-Alone App downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Store?

It would help if you could provide me with a ScreenShot of how your version looks like.

Thanks!
    Hi @mercerik ! First of all, I joined this community just yesterday so, sorry if this is not the best way to reply. I've only joined because I saw someone reporting a similar problem I also have. I'm using google chrome (it's updated and I've reinstalled it as you recommend in this forum) in a laptop with windows 10. Yes, I also have the app, it runs with the newest version but it's easier to me using the game on facebook itself. This problem started at mid december and I'm not saying it's not a problem with my pc (a conflicting update for example) cause maybe it is...

I'm only saying the contact support does not help the players in this case. They force us to choose a topic and a subtopic and this problem is not listed there! I've only got emails with general information (I would say it's an automatic reply based on those topics and subtopics) suggesting things I've already done.

I'm assuming some program/update is messing up with HTML5 so everything using HTML5 went back to flash version.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

• mercerik
    edited January 2020
    Anna_C said:
    Hi @mercerik ! First of all, I joined this community just yesterday so, sorry if this is not the best way to reply. I've only joined because I saw someone reporting a similar problem I also have. I'm using google chrome (it's updated and I've reinstalled it as you recommend in this forum) in a laptop with windows 10. Yes, I also have the app, it runs with the newest version but it's easier to me using the game on facebook itself. This problem started at mid december and I'm not saying it's not a problem with my pc (a conflicting update for example) cause maybe it is...I'm only saying the contact support does not help the players in this case. They force us to choose a topic and a subtopic and this problem is not listed there! I've only got emails with general information (I would say it's an automatic reply based on those topics and subtopics) suggesting things I've already done. I'm assuming some program/update is messing up with HTML5 so everything using HTML5 went back to flash version.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
    @Anna_C !

Hi again, Anna!

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the Game Support will point or direct you to this Community. The sad thing is there is no one that oversees if the solutions being offered are working from King Support.

We are not really sure yet if King Digital Entertainment has fully switched to HTML5 as of yet since a lot of issues are still pointing to the Flash Player which has less than 11 months before Adobe pulls the plug on its support. The best thing to do is to make sure everything is working properly. The Adobe Flash Player is built-in on Google Chrome and is still being updated by Google for as long as the Browser is Fully-Up-To-Date. If this is neglected and the Flash Player become outdated, then Google Chrome will block it and the user will have to update it himself. If the user is unaware of the version being supported by the Google Chrome, then the nightmare begins.

If I were you, the first thing that I'll start with is by: 

1. Uninstalling the Stand-Alone Windows 10 Version of Candy Crush Saga App. Don't worry about losing lives because they are useless anyway if you can't use them because you can't play.  
    2. Go to Windows 10 Settings and check for Operating System Updates. Once done, exit out of there.
    3. Open a Google Chrome Browser. Click on the 3 Dots on the upper right side corner of the page. Go down to Help. Move your mouse to the left of it and click on About Google Chrome. If your browser is not updated, it will automatically gets updated. If prompted to Relaunch, do it. Take a ScreenShot of the Update Version and post it in your response to this Help Comments.
    4. Shut-down your computer. Wait 60 seconds before turning it on. 
    5. Open the Microsoft Store App. On the search bar, locate Candy Crush Saga App. Download and Install it. 
    6. Log-in with your original Facebook Account and Password that you normally use to play. You're all set.

Please let me know the outcome of this resolution! 

Thanks!

• Anna_C
    I'm really sorry @mercerik,  it was not my intention to blame you or the forum for team support "lack of interest" in this matter.

I can't post a screenshot right now as I am not using my laptop but I can assure you my google chrome and windows are updated - I check them everyday. Like I said, my problem is with the browser game (facebook) so I don't understand how uninstalling the windows app will help...the only problem with the app is the amount of pop-ups in the game area, and that's why I don't like to use the app. Cause I cannot stop them to appear.

Like I said before I did everything: deleting all browsing data, cache, cookies, reset google chrome, uninstall and reinstall chrome, deleting game from Facebook and opening it again...but nothing worked.

I just wanted to reply to the 1st comment cause I see I'm not the only one having problems. And, maybe if everyone reports it here, the king team will have to do something. I don't expect you to solve my problem, cause I know I've done almost everything to fix it but I couldn't. So, sorry again and thank you for trying to help.
  • mercerik
    edited January 2020
    Anna_C said:
    I'm really sorry @mercerik,  it was not my intention to blame you or the forum for team support "lack of interest" in this matter.

I can't post a screenshot right now as I am not using my laptop but I can assure you my google chrome and windows are updated - I check them everyday. Like I said, my problem is with the browser game (facebook) so I don't understand how uninstalling the windows app will help...the only problem with the app is the amount of pop-ups in the game area, and that's why I don't like to use the app. Cause I cannot stop them to appear.

Like I said before I did everything: deleting all browsing data, cache, cookies, reset google chrome, uninstall and reinstall chrome, deleting game from Facebook and opening it again...but nothing worked.

I just wanted to reply to the 1st comment cause I see I'm not the only one having problems. And, maybe if everyone reports it here, the king team will have to do something. I don't expect you to solve my problem, cause I know I've done almost everything to fix it but I couldn't. So, sorry again and thank you for trying to help.
    @Anna_C;

Hi Anna!

By the way, I don't work for King Games. I am a Community Member just like you. Don't be sorry! You don't have to be sorry about anything. It is not just you who've been complaining of the same unresolved issues.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were having issues with the Stand-Alone Windows 10 App!

I have a question though about your statement "the only problem with the app is the amount of pop-ups in the game area, and that's why I don't like to use the app. Cause I cannot stop them to appear."  What pop-ups were you referring to? It would be nice if you can share some ScreenShots for me to understand these pop-ups.

Facebook Candy Crush Saga App is not my favorite place to play the game. It is not as fast as the Stand-Alone Windows 10 App or iPhone iOS App. I only played the Facebook App when I ran out of Lives. I play it on both my Desktop and Laptops as well. It is slow loading compared to the other app versions. As a YouTube Creator, editing and rendering Candy Crush Saga is one step faster if recorded on Windows 10 Recorder or iPhone iOS Screen Recorder because I don't have to crop areas.

Believe me, if you go back on the thread that was posted last year, you'll see that Facebook issues have been complained countlessly but unfortunately, they landed on deaf ears.

I looked at your ScreenShots on your message above. It looks like you have an Old Candy Crush Saga Version. From what it looks like, you have a problem with the Adobe Flash Player being blocked by your Chrome Browser because it is outdated.

I decided not to give you new instructions unless you want to do it.

Please let me know if you want to precede. 

Thanks!
  • Anna_C
    edited January 2020
     Hi again @mercerik,

let me try to explain again cause I don't think I've done it well. I really thought you were part of King's team based on your replies to me and Roslyn. I really thought someone from their team would be here to help and talk to their costumers but, now I realize, that is not important for them...

About the app - I got my apps (candy crush saga and candy crush soda) from windows store and they are updated from there. Just talking about candy crush saga app - it runs too slow on my pc, it takes like 4min to open, and the pop-ups I'm referring to is the rocket competition for example. I know it's supposed to be fun and can earn prizes from it but, even if you uncheck that box saying "I want to know", the competition table automatically opens when you finish a level. Other one, for example, is the competition to finish a stage where the 1st 2nd and 3rd players to finish it win golden bars. These are only 2 examples but I could name others like the treasure chests, the "play with a friend" thing...

Regarding the "old version" problem - I would like to solve it and and I'm thankful to everyone trying to help. However, as I said before, I've done everything I could remember to fix it. The only thing I didn't do (and probably won't do) was a system restore as it could make other programs on pc to stop working properly. My flash player is installed and updated, so is my google chrome and windows itself. Flash is automatically blocked by chrome so I have to manually enable it for facebook (but that didn't solve the problem). In the end it is just a game, we stop playing and that's it.

Flash version - 32.0.0.303
    Chrome version - 79.0.3945.88

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?