Help us improve Accessibility for players in Candy Crush Saga!

Options

Comments

• carussa
    carussa Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
  • isabelauwu
    isabelauwu Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited May 2020
    Options

*Edit by CM: unsupported language

• jjjuju
    jjjuju Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Crush is real game was taken down, said my time expired, even tho I had over 24 hours to play, please put it back up so I can continue. Thanks!

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Options

Dear @gegan,

First of all, warm welcome to the Candy Crush Community! 🥳🙌

I’m so grateful for your kind words and for all your feedback.

Your post, which is also your very first post in the community (and hopefully not the last one!) it’s fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your accessibility ideas and for challenging others in such a well-structured way, with the reasoning behind your ideas and examples. I love it! 

Here in Candy Crush Saga we care for all our players and we are always try to improve the overall experience for all of you. As you know, this is not an easy task as we have many players players with many different needs and wants. Nevertheless, this is one of our priorities and we will keep on working towards that. I’ll pass all feedback along, we have an amazing and talented UX design team and as soon as we decide which ones can be the next steps and improvements for the game, I’ll try to share it with you. 

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback! This will help us making the game we are aiming for. 🙂

Last but not least, good luck on achieving your personal goal of reaching level 6000 in the game by July 1st! We are all cheering for you @gegan!👏 If you ever get stuck in a level, do not hesitate to come around and ask our community members for some tips! We have many great members that will be happy to share with you some tips on how to crush the levels. 

Happy crushing and, stay safe!

• Damliş
    Damliş Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
  • Tina_Williams-2
    Tina_Williams-2 Posts: 282 Level 3
    Options

Have you ever thought of having different levels for playin g, such as beginners, medium and challenging? Something like that. I'm on level 3920 for a couple days now. I don't mind challenging levels. It's good to have to think things out, but when the game is challenging but base mostly on luck it can get very frustrating and can make people quit playing.

• 조은정
    조은정 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

it's difficult to start

• tonyc1959
    tonyc1959 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'd like to add my vote for improving accessibility for color blindness. I am color blind and have wasted many moves trying to set up matches with fish and bombs that I thought were one color, only to find out that they were a different color! For me it's almost impossible to tell the difference between the purple and blue as well as orange and green.

• Pounawea
    Options

Hello Damliş,

Welcome to the Candy Crush Saga community!

Hello @Tina_Williams-2 ,

Thank you for your comment and for sharing your opinion with us. Much appreciated! When creating the levels, our Level designers are taking many different things into account. As you mention one of the very first things to take into account is the level difficulty, it has to be fun and more or less challenging but the strategy plays an important role as well.

Please remember that in this thread we are discussing about accessibility improvements in Candy Crush Saga.🙂

Some examples we’ve got so far: 

• Flashy particles: Players with eg. epilepsy may struggle with flashy visual effects causing seizures or hurting their eyes.
    • Scrolling through the Saga Map: Players with arthritis or other physical impairments may find scrolling through episodes physically exhausting.
    • Colour blindness: Players with this genetic condition may have problems differentiating the different types of bombs, candy and other colour-based objects in the game. 

Hello @tonyc1959 ,

First of all, warm welcome to our forum! 🙌🥳

Thank you for coming over and sharing you feedback with us. Noted! I'll pass it along to our UX designers team.

Have a delicious day and happy crushing everyone! 🍬🍬

• Pounawea
    Options

Hello everyone,

Last call to participate in this community thread and share your feedback and ideas for Accessibility improvements in Candy Crush Saga.

We will be closing the thread next Monday, May 25th, at 10:00 CEST.

Kind reminder: in this thread we are discussing about accessibility improvements in Candy Crush Saga. Some examples we’ve got so far: 

• Flashy particles: Players with eg. epilepsy may struggle with flashy visual effects causing seizures or hurting their eyes.
    • Scrolling through the Saga Map: Players with arthritis or other physical impairments may find scrolling through episodes physically exhausting.
    • Colour blindness: Players with this genetic condition may have problems differentiating the different types of bombs, candy and other colour-based objects in the game. 

Keep you feedback coming! 

Have a delicious day and happy crushing. 🍬🍬

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?