Send Life feature broken?

LizzyLemondropLizzyLemondrop Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
edited April 9 in Support
For the last few days the Send lives button has not been working. I also can not scroll through my list of friends to send specific people lives. Anyone else having issues withe the Send lives button?
Prev1

Answers

• ElsaElsa Posts: 15,046 Superstar
    Hi @LizzyLemondrop how are you doing today?  They are going to ask you to do some troubleshooting so let's try that first.  Clear the history and make sure that you have the most recent version of the game.  Then click on one of the links below to complete the troubleshooting.  Please let me know if it works and I will keep my eyes open here to see if anyone else reports this because it could be a new glitch starting.

You can find out more about our Superstars here

Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.

***Candy Crush Soda Saga now has an "Ideas" category.  Please post your positive ideas on how to improve the game here.

• LizzyLemondropLizzyLemondrop Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Hello Elsa,

I'm not sure which link to use as I am playing CCSS through a Windows 10 app (the game is downloaded to my laptop from Microsoft Store). I am not playing the game through my browser or a handheld device.
    You don't need any of those links if you are on Windows 10.  What you can do is uninstall the game app and reinstall it again.  You shouldn't lose your boosters because I did it once and they were still there.  Take a print screen of the boosters before uninstalling just in case something happens.

Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.

***Candy Crush Soda Saga now has an "Ideas" category.  Please post your positive ideas on how to improve the game here.

edited April 10
    Taking a print screen sounds like a good idea. Do you know if I would lose my daily log-in progress though?
  • BeckyBubblegumBeckyBubblegum Posts: 54 ✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    I have been experiencing problems with my "Send" button too. I recently discovered that I can no longer scroll down my friends list when attempting to send or ask for lives either. Not sure what is wrong with Windows 10, but it has reeked havoc on my gaming experience in general.
    @LizzyLemondrop I think you might lose your daily day.  It might take you back to day 1 again but at least everything else would be working. 

@BeckyBubblegum I am surprised that you are also having trouble playing through Windows 10.  That's the only way that I play the games, besides on my mobile devices.  I just went into the game and clicked on the send and it worked.

edited April 12
    @Elsa, I downloaded updates for my windows apps as the thread you linked suggested, but Soda Saga didn't appear on the list of available updates. I also tried troubleshooting the app as I have done in the past, but that didn't do the trick. The only thing left to try is resetting the app, and I'm not really sure I want to lose my 2-hr boosters over this glitch.
    Anyway, thanks for trying to assist us! :)
    So maybe when the 2 hours are up you can try it.  Let me know how you make out.

edited April 12
    :confounded: Oops, I should have better explained! Because I've been logging in every day, I have been earning a daily 2hr booster. If I reset the app I think I will lose my streak and be stuck with 1hr boosters again, which given how hard these levels can be, I don't think I'm willing to do that just yet.
    edited April 12
    ^ I agree.
    I'll have to weigh my options on if I want my daily log-in to reset, or just deal with the feature being bugged. If I decide to reset the app I'll let you know if it works. BTW: Something else I have noticed lately is that my "camera" doesn't pan around to let me see how big the level is anymore.
  • BolerudBolerud Posts: 1
    For the last few days the Send lives button has not been working. I also can not scroll through my list of friends to send specific people lives. Anyone else having issues withe the Send lives button?
    I am having the same issue as LizzyLD.
    edited April 14
    Ok guys, is that what you are all talking about?  I just created a video: 
    So I just went to the list to send lives, clicked on it and it closed.  I reopened the send list again and it's the same names.  Clicked again and it closed.  So are you guys not able to click to send or are you seeing what is in this video?  The second thing that I did was to go to all friends and I unchecked the boxes.  I tried to scroll and it won't move.  So please let me know if this is what is happening on your end.

• scorpiosnowscorpiosnow Posts: 2
    The video you sent is what has been happening to me the last few days.  I play my game on a desktop computer using windows 10.  Never has been a problem before.
    Ok guys, I am going to elevate this to @Xarly who is the community manager.  Something is going on with this!

***Update, just heard from the community manager.  He said that the scrolling issue has already been reported.  He is now going to report the sending lives since he saw it in the video.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.****

Prev1