New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Candygram
    Candygram Posts: 6 Level 2
    You are now prohibiting me from playing unless I am on a squad.  Please remove me from this squad immediately.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    I just got this feature a few days ago and I love it! My squad is close to the second chest! Let's get those squad wins!

Well be prepared for disappointment, the second “reward” is just as much of a joke as the first.  And there’s no “squad”, they’re all CPU-generated fake players.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    See @Candygrams messages above. This is a good example of why the team features should give you the choice to participate or decline. Those that decline or don't log in to play should not be placed in a group or team. Especially since trying to reach 800 points with Squad requires all 5 to participate. I still have a "teammate" at 0 who obviously hasn't even logged in to play for awhile!
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    Hi @LizzyLemondrop 🤗. I have both . I finished mtf while participating in soda squad and it returned but with more obtainable challenges. I love this ! My players in soda squad are a little more active than mtf but I'm earning rewards in both. Good luck to you and have fun 😊
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Candygram said:
    I didn’t authorize being put in a squad.  Please remove me immediately and do not put me in any group, squad, team, etc. This is the second time you have put me in a group.  Please cease doing this immediately.
    Hi @Candygram,

There is currently no option to opt out of the Squad. It's our first iteration of the event, and we will work on different improvements moving forward. I am afraid we cannot do what you are requesting. We are not sharing your information with the rest of the members on your team and the Soda Squad is just a natural way of earning points together so that you can collect free rewards while doing so. Your team cannot communicate with you or have any access to your personal information.

All of this is agreed on as part of the Terms & Conditions of our game. We will pass your feedback on to the studio, but the current iteration of the event works as mentioned previously.

And thank you all for the feedback, it's awesome to see how you're progressing, your perception of the event and the overall feedback :smile:.

Cheers!
    Xarly
  • Candygram
    Candygram Posts: 6 Level 2
    Thank you for getting back to me; I appreciate it.  I will need to strongly reconsider spending any money on the game until this issue is addressed.  Thank you again.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,575 Soda Moderator
    So, my team made it to the 3rd box. Reward 1 lollipop hammer, 30 minutes wrapped candy and 30 minutes soft ball. The 1st box was 30 minutes of double fish, 2nd box 30 minutes of double fish and 30 minutes of the colored ball. In my team 1 other person and I got the most points (at least 600 points). 1 Mate had 0 points. Personally, I don't like the rewards. Especially when I compare the boxes, the reward of the 3rd box is far too little. They are only time-related boosters, which I think is unfortunate.. You can only use them directly, so I have no use, because I am at the highest level. It would be much better if you can collect these boosters for later use. A new team has now been formed, but they are the same players. That means that 1 does nothing at all 🤨. In summary, team play is only possible if everyone participates, rewards are too low, and I  prefer boosters that you can store. Make the squad attractive to those at the highest level because we can only collect the most points at new levels, and time boosters are of no use if there are no new levels.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Yosca said:
    So, my team made it to the 3rd box. Reward 1 lollipop hammer, 30 minutes wrapped candy and 30 minutes soft ball. The 1st box was 30 minutes of double fish, 2nd box 30 minutes of double fish and 30 minutes of the colored ball. In my team 1 other person and I got the most points (at least 600 points). 1 Mate had 0 points. Personally, I don't like the rewards. Especially when I compare the boxes, the reward of the 3rd box is far too little. They are only time-related boosters, which I think is unfortunate.. You can only use them directly, so I have no use, because I am at the highest level. It would be much better if you can collect these boosters for later use. A new team has now been formed, but they are the same players. That means that 1 does nothing at all 🤨. In summary, team play is only possible if everyone participates, rewards are too low, and I  prefer boosters that you can store. Make the squad attractive to those at the highest level because we can only collect the most points at new levels, and time boosters are of no use if there are no new levels.
    That’s all you got for the last box!?  That’s insulting and far worse than I imagined it would be.  I truly feel sorry for all of you fellow players that had the daily quests taken away as you guys now have no way to accumulate boosters.  You put in 3/4ths of the work here and got basically nothing as a reward, and you still have the same “teammates” when Xarly made it clear that with a high point score you’d be placed with others that also actively play?  Unbelievable.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    That's not much better than another feature many of us aren't fond of and requires a lot more work. When points are given mostly by the success of passing levels and not just by collecting certain combinations of candies the rewards should be much better. My team might make it past the 2nd box but now I won't be disappointed if we don't finish! Timed rewards do seem to be the trend. They really aren't useful unless you have enough lives and/or time to keep playing. This is why we should be able to save them.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    That's not much better than another feature many of us aren't fond of and requires a lot more work. When points are given mostly by the success of passing levels and not just by collecting certain combinations of candies the rewards should be much better. My team might make it past the 2nd box but now I won't be disappointed if we don't finish! Timed rewards do seem to be the trend. They really aren't useful unless you have enough lives and/or time to keep playing. This is why we should be able to save them.
    I find the timed rewards to be invaluable every Friday when the new episode is released.  It’s very easy to get all three together and breeze through all 15 levels to claim 5 gold bars from the episode race.  During the other days of the week I use the daily bonus timed booster to win BGH a few times each day to replenish my supply of hammers.  Outside of these applications they are useless and regular boosters would be preferable. For example, I’m pretty sure that if I were to log onto the game right now it would put me over the 320 needed for the second tier and as such the “reward” would be wasted.  I’ll simply use that tomorrow to make my first(and possibly second) BGH run a little easier.

The timed boosters should not be able to be banked - rather, they should be deployed intelligently by the player to maximize their efficiency.  Features like the Farce and this new Subpar Squad should definitely only provide single-use boosters like the daily quests do, and the quests should most certainly once again be available to everyone.  I’d be curious to see the results of a poll conducted by King asking if players would rather have A - just the quests or B - both the Farce and the Squad.  I’d wager a hefty amount on the former winning by a landslide.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?