New Feature: Soda Squad

Options

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    I played Friends for a little while when it came out but lost interest. I decided to look at it again and noticed that maybe because it is still new, it has things that we have all been wanting. You can work levels alone without being put on teams, and there are Quests as well as other rewards every so often. This is how Soda used to be and how everyone liked it best. Hopefully they will keep Friends that way. If I want to be social I can come here or to the fun areas!
    Or, if you’re feeling social, better yet play a game that’s designed to be multiplayer. King’s obsession with “team” play in these single-player games makes no sense at all.  If that’s what they want, then they(Activision)should have their people that worked on their various CoD games design a game similar to this that involves interaction with others. 

I just replied to a post in the ideas section about all of the various anti-“team” feedback on various review platforms regarding this game.  ZERO players want that and ALL would rather the quests come back.
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    Options
    My team is never going to get to 800 for the Soda Squad. I have contributed over 300 points, 3 others have combined for just over 100, and one has contributed zero. So frustrating. I just had to get a new phone so I lost about 1,000 boosters and was hoping to  build mine up again since they don't transfer when you get a new phone. But without the daily individual quests I am out of luck pretty much because my teammates do little to nothing.  And only being able to do 2 items every day for MTF is frustrating also. My teammates do little to nothing on there as well. Please bring back the individual quests.
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options
    I'm not helping my team a lot.  During the past week I've got through an Ultra Hard and am now stuck on a Super Hard.  So not much movement there!
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    Options
    Stuck on a super hard too, no desire to play, that is the saddest part.
  • disappointedbyking
    Options
    @Bricorn, you can play the first levels of the game to get points. Not fun, but it works.
  • Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend
    Options

Wow 😲 many new things in Soda game 😄  I am waiting it 😉🎉

• disappointedbyking
    Options
    wow! I finished the squad, the hard way, playing the first levels for an hour. 
    The third chest had.... 1/2h of striped, 1/2h of wrapped, 1/2h of soft candy.
    Last time I ever play it!
  • disappointedbyking
    Options
    after 7 hours, the new board has a score of 0, 0, 0 and 0. Total: 0!!!
    Last time, I got 450 or 500 points out of 800. 
    Do you think your teammates are real?

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Options
    With one day left for my squad to earn the 800 points, we have amassed almost 700 points and quite honestly, I’m hoping we don’t make it.  Why?  Because I don’t want to end up with the same team again.  Using the benchmark of 160 points per person, I surpassed that, one player is very close, Two have obviously been trying and the final one doesn’t even have the 13 points from playing daily. 
    That said, here’s my honest appraisal of Soda Squad.  On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 5.  Also, I think there is a built-in advantage for players at the lower levels, given the increasing difficulty of the levels in the game.
    I think the point values are fair, although I’d like to see points awarded for playing Bubblegum Hill.  I’d also like to see more than one point for replaying a level if you beat your score—not just if you earn additional stars.
    I’d like to see an opt in feature so that you don’t get stuck with inactive players as teammates.  
    I’d also like to see players being able to opt to play as a team or individually, with the required point levels lowered for single players.  
    Then we come to the rewards.  In all honesty, a striped or wrapped candy does not motivate me to work for a reward, whether it is timed or single-use.  
    How could this be improved?  I’d like to see the same three levels of rewards as were awarded with the Quests.  Another idea would be to give players a choice between timed boosters or single-use boosters.
    Finally, a question.  Are players grouped by the platform on which they play?  I’m wondering that because the different platforms have different features, which may give some players an advantage over others, making them more desirable teammates.
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options
    @Bricorn, you can play the first levels of the game to get points. Not fun, but it works.
    Thanks, got through in the end, but am now on ANOTHER Ultra hard.  That's 2 Ultras and a Super during one session of Soda Squad (all in games 3031-3049).  My team probably thinks I'm useless as I haven't contributed many points.

Team is now on 771 with 25 hours to go.  I'm stopping for today as the final rewards seem to be timed and I need to go out soon, I want to get to 800 when I know I'll have time to use them, but it's probably down to the rest of the team - unless I get lucky and get the right candies at the right time, I'm stuck until the game lets me past. 

I miss the Quests!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?