CCSS has disappeared from fb, unavailable to reload through fb. Won't sync to iPad from iPhone. :(

Options
Esme_2
Esme_2 Posts: 8 Level 2

I've recently purchased an iPad and am trying to sync Candy Crush Soda on it. I am on level 1516. When I download the app on my iPad it starts at level 1. Doesn't sync. Also, the game is no longer on or available through fb. help!

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,834 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello @Esme_2 A Warm Welcome back to our friendly King Community 🤗

I am sorry to hear about the issue in your game!!

1) A silly question, but an important one... Did you make sure that the accounts you are logged into both your devices is one and the same?

We are automatically started at level 1, when we are logged out of our account. So, you have to make sure that you are logged into your Facebook account.

2) I have not understood what you meant by "game is no longer available through Facebook"!! Can you please explain what do you mean by that?

Usually, when on iPad, we download the App, and log into the game through our Facebook account. That' all!! We do not have to log into the Facebook and play the game on Facebook like we do on PC!!

Sorry, like I said above, I am not getting an Idea about the issue!! So, please provide as many details as possible for us to understand the issue. So that, we can provide proper help to you.

To reply back, simply type your reply in the open dialogue box provided below.

Talk to you soon! Have a nice day and a great week ahead! 🍬

• Esme_2
    Options

Thank you for your response, PummyRaj. In answer to your questions:

1. I have only one FB account, and have logged out and back in on that.

2. On my MacBook Air and on my iPhone 8 when logged into my FB account, I cannot find the game. The icon is missing from the “your games” box, it’s also not listed under the Apps and Websites link as active, expired or removed. When I go to the games link and search “Your Games” it’s not listed; when I click on “Find Games” and search for it, it doesn’t appear in the drop down. Moreover, when I go to the CCSS FB page and click on “Play Game” the page isn’t available (message: “The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.” This happens on both Safari and Chrome. Finally, when I open the app on my iPad and click on “Log in with Facebook” a message box reads “Safari can’t open the page because too many redirects occurred.”

3 Interestingly, I have the app for the game on my iPhone, it seems to be independent of FB.

lots of info there, hope you can help me. Thank you!

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi @Esme_2!

I found your post and you seem to have an issue that affects Mac/Safari. This has been reported to the Studio so they are looking into this but we don 't have a fix to the issue yet. Check the thread out here

However, this should not affect the game app on your mobile device 🤔

Can you please try the following on the device in order to get it synced?

- Disconnect the game from Facebook/King account (if connected).

- Delete Facebook App if you have it installed.

- Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari (Super Important).

- Restart the device and try connecting the game back to Facebook/King account so your progress can sync.

Let me know how it goes, please :) 
  • Esme_2
    Options
    Thanks for your effort. I deleted the FB app from the iPhone and iPad, but couldn’t locate the app on my MacBook Air due to the MacOS Mojave. Anyway, I cleared the history from all 3 devices and reinstalled FB on the iPhone and iPad. No change, unfortunately.
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options
    Oh no, that did not help? 😔

The only option is to reinstall the game app. If that still doesn't help, could you get back to me with a screenshot of the game map showing level so I can have a look? 

As for finding the game on Facebook, see if you can access the game from here and then just bookmark the link if it works.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?