no internet connection message

Options
Sabrina-10
Sabrina-10 Posts: 18 Level 2

I am on the internet but i keep getting this message of no internet connection. I am unable to update race etc.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello @Sabrina-10 and welcome to Soda community!

Are you able to log out from your King account (if you have one)?

If you are, please try troubleshooting to see if it helps:

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*depending on the type of the device you can clear cookies/cache of your device or cache of Soda app directly (Android). More info here. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

If you're not able to log out, do you also see a red message saying "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" when you visit your profile settings?

Thank you

• Julie_13
    Julie_13 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I am having the same issue and have done all the suggested trouble shooting. This is the second day of this. I get the red banner that is mentioned above. Losing out on progress and collecting rewards.

• Julie_13
    Options

This is what I get trying to collect rewards

• Julie_13
    Options
  • Julie_13
    Options

Pitty_Kitty any other suggestions on how to connect?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @Julie_13

Do you have this specific type of error?

If yes, I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me once

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the remaining option is uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

This type of error may be caused by various reasons and it often signals the app got corrupted.

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it.

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

If you purchased items but you didn't use them, you may try asking Player Support for a replacement.

To contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "gold bars and purchases"- "why haven't I received my prize"- scroll down and click "contact us". Explain your problem and send.

If you don't play on mobile app then contact Support from here

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More info here.

It's not ideal at all but it will allow you to play normally again.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?