Is there a connection issue with Candy Crush Soda?

Options
Mindemoya
Mindemoya Posts: 4 Newbie

is there currently a connection issue with Soda?

Best Answer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Mindemoya @Xxander

If you see "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" , I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me 1 out of the 2 times it happened to me

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the only solution to fix this problem is to uninstall and reinstall Soda app.

This type of error appears when something unknown goes wrong in Soda app and it often signals that the game app got damaged. (This doesn't mean that there's something wrong with your device)

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally, save progress and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it.

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

It's not ideal at all but it will allow you to play normally again.

-----

If you progress is partially or entirely lost after reinstalling the app, create an account if you don't have one already and contact Player Support so they can manually restore your progress on your account:

How to contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select "Problems with my Game" and then "Game didn't save", add your current level and send.

-----

If you lost purchased items that you didn't use, you may ask Player Support for a replacement. More infos here

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More infos here.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @Mindemoya and welcome to Soda community!

I'm aware of no general connection issues at the moment, there have been no reports from the Studio.

Let's check first if troubleshooting helps

• Do you read a connection error ("there was a connection errror, try again in a bit") when you visit profile settings in soda app? Let me know

If you don't see it, please go ahead and:

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*it depends on on the type of the device. Read all details here.

If you own Android mobile, visit device Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

If you own Apple mobile, visit Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data

if you tried troubleshooting and the problem still persists, please provide more details

• What does your message say? and where?
    • When did this start?
    • Which device do you use to play? (make and model)

• Mindemoya
    Options

Yes, it says there was a connection error, try again in a bit

Tried all above . to answer your questions on my iPad Air 4th gen is states Race cant be undated. Reconnect to see how your are doing......thing is I am hooked up

Then i click on my profile and i just get the screen that says dont lose your progress Sign up with email, Continue with Facebook, or continue with apple or log in with email when i try to log in it states Connection error, try again in a bit............a bit has been 4 days now!

on my iPad 5th Gen is states Sorry, we detected a technical issue. Please try again in a bit!

i am on level 4588 and i dont want to lose anything. without connection, i get no help from friends or cannot send lives, i get now bonuses...makes the game boring and not with playing anymore.

Please do something about this glitch. i see this is not the first comment with this concern.

• Xxander
    Xxander Posts: 5,902 Level 5
    Options

Same here....

Cannot connect to my King account also.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Mindemoya @Xxander

If you see "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" , I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me 1 out of the 2 times it happened to me

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the only solution to fix this problem is to uninstall and reinstall Soda app.

This type of error appears when something unknown goes wrong in Soda app and it often signals that the game app got damaged. (This doesn't mean that there's something wrong with your device)

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally, save progress and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it.

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

It's not ideal at all but it will allow you to play normally again.

-----

If you progress is partially or entirely lost after reinstalling the app, create an account if you don't have one already and contact Player Support so they can manually restore your progress on your account:

How to contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select "Problems with my Game" and then "Game didn't save", add your current level and send.

-----

If you lost purchased items that you didn't use, you may ask Player Support for a replacement. More infos here

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More infos here.

• Xxander
    Options

The funny thing is, that it is parts of the game!

Daily boaster DO work, the shop does work.

But the race dies NOT, the team dies not and cant vaker the cake.

And for ME, is cant connect with my King account.

I can play however, but half of the game. And you read this, so i do have connection.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @Xxander

please provide more details, so we can understand what's going on

do you see this message? Yes or no?

If you don't see it, did you try troubleshooting steps listed on my first comment? please say yes or no

Which device do you use to play Soda? (make and model)

If you see a different error message, please take full screen screenshots and attach them here.

thank you

---

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Save the image on your device storage if you use a computer.

Upload the image from your device to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

• Mindemoya
    Options

Looks like i will have to uninstall. Can get your first suggestion to work. It is happening with both my Saga and my Soda.

to uninstall…how to i do that from my iPan Air 4th Gen as i see both of the games are not available through the King site. When i delete it from my iPad, it simply goes to the cloud and does not uninstall.

• Xxander
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Pitty_Kitty i get the following message. ⬇️

(IF you read it, i would understand when you delete the screenshot)

So i have to connect with facebook. And then what i discribed earlier. (Half the game)

Edited by CM:⛔️ That’s too much personal information. For your own safety and protection, do not share your email address - Our House Rules

• king5205
    king5205 Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options

I have had same issues and bake the cake keeps freezing although the main game works. I reported it few times and the response was similar, because they have not had notification from other players then it doesn’t matter. I had to save the game and wait four days

• Xxander
    edited December 2022
    Options

Today, i still have the same problems @Pitty_Kitty

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?