Are there game or tricks only known to veterans?

Options
LoFiGummy
LoFiGummy Posts: 1,224 Community Manager

I know I may open up a pandoras box by asking this, but as a new person around these parts - I'm curious to hear if there are tricks game that made them feel like they became more powerful?

for me in the game it was figuring out how to properly combo fish with wrapped candies or 🐟🍬 line candy with wrapped candy 💥.

OR using Sprinkleshell when possible to clear difficult levels 🤣

Comments

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,089 Friends Moderator
    Options

I don't know why this discussion is located at Off-Topic. Actually, you could do this as a "help for newbies".

We have something like this in Friends (here).

The fish are poorly trained (in all games). I don't even try to make special combinations when I have an alternative.

If you're looking for a practice level, take level 451. There you can train how Sprinkleshell works as well as practice various combinations with fish.

I only do combinations with fish if "4 in a row" requires it. Best with level 451. The combination of Color Bomb and Fish always goes to level 8. Also, a combination with Color Bomb and Striped OR Wrapped Candy works best at level 8.

Sprinkleshell collects cyan candies. When enough are collected, Sprinkleshell will notify you and you can use it to clear a color of candies from the board. Always use the color that doesn't combine well. If your board has mostly green candies and yellow candies in between, let Sprinkleshell eat the yellow candies. The remaining green candies on the board can then be easily used to create special combinations. 

Also check out this guide: who-is-the-sprinkleshell-turtle-and-what-does-he-do.

I'm sure there are guides for certain topics somewhere in the soda community. It's best to ask Yosca. She's been around the longest.

• LoFiGummy
    Options

This is sooo much good information holy moly! 🤩

I guess the off-topic ness was more or less because of the use of the meme picture but you're right! It could be used to help new players as well.

And you have a great perspective on the fish, I do sometimes get very frustrated with them - almost wish I could tell them where to go instead.

Thank you for the thorough response @DieOmimi

This reminds me that if we have more helpful responses to people struggling with levels to put them in Soda Tips!

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,089 Friends Moderator
    Options

There is an idea about the poorly trained fish (here). I think it would be great if this idea could be implemented by the studio.

The easiest way to play new levels is to have 3 devices available and each one can claim a different daily reward. Device 1 gives you the color bomb for 2 hours, device 2 gives you the coloring candy, device 3 gives you fish for 2 hours. These Time Boosters will then be available on all devices. If you're lucky, the Color Bomb and Coloring Candy will be placed next to each other and you can use this combination to clear a large part of the board and eliminate blockers.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,438 Soda Moderator
    Options
  • Amoonmoon
    Amoonmoon Posts: 20,063 Level 5
    Options

Personally, I do not believe in fish, especially in the game, soda is always the weakest. Sometimes I wonder why they exist 🤷

I'm not a veteran of soda, I've been playing it for about a year

But I enjoy playing it and I find myself drawn to it like a magnet after every level

I fear that I will find myself at the end of the map, and this is what I do not want to happen

In fact, when you love something, you will try to discover anything, no matter what, to strengthen and enhance your skills in the game

But I cannot share some things in society, I prefer to keep them to myself 😜

It's not selfish. Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm not selfish

But this is better for everyone 🙊🙉🙈

• LoFiGummy
    Options

Sorry for being speechless but all of this information made me feel like:

Yeah I think it sounds like a cool idea @DieOmimi, I guess the difficult part would be to make the part for player to select where the fish goes without interrupting the game. But thanks for linking it and hope more can see it!

@Yosca These are also great, I read them earlier but still. I wonder if we need to update the first one too with new events? I could help with that if need be!

@Amoonmoon Ok I concede the fish are not great 😂 but I guess it IS good to know that new levels are coming every week, and there's always something new happening. So I'm not too worried, but I also have sooo many levels left to clear!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?