Constantly getting the 4 in a Row introduction but it won't connect

Options
pastelcryptid
pastelcryptid Posts: 2 Newbie

The last few days when I use the game I am periodically bothered by a long animation explaining the 4 in a row feature as if it's new. However, when I try to pick a tile it says it cannot connect. This animation is unskippable and incredibly frustrating as it has even started happening between levels, but because picking a tile never connects it doesn't stop happening.

I have tried logging out, clearing my cache and turning off my device but to no avail.

Answers

• JustSerfin
    JustSerfin Posts: 57 Level 2
    Options

I get the screen about picking a tic-toc-toe box but when I do I get an error message that it couldn’t connect to the server. That makes absolutely no sense because I am not having any internet issues whatsoever so it doesn’t make any sense why I am getting this.

• JustSerfin
    Options

Forgot the screenshot….

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi @JustSerfin and welcome to Soda community 🤗

Let's see if troubleshooting helps,

Check if your device and game are updated

then try to log out of your game account, close game, clear cache (cache of soda app, if not possible then the device's), restart device, open game, log in and pass a level

You might need to repeat these steps 3-4 times.

Additionally there are these tricks that sometimes help me when this issue happens:

- click the button you see in settings icon and go from the map to the game homepage (where there's the "play" button) to the map again. I repeat this 2-3 times until I see the game updating soda teams points

Or

- close soda app, switch off your internet connection, open soda app but don't click "play!" yet, switch on your internet connection and then click "play".

Let me know if this helps 🙂

• JustSerfin
    Options

My device & game should always be up to date….I have automatic updates turned on so I should never have to (manually) update….my game is linked/connected to my Facebook (I get [re-]asked to share p/connect) so I don’t know what you mean by logging out.

You mention having to “pass a level” but what if I have been stuck on a level for a couple days? That is easier said than done.

Aside from that, I have already done everything you said.

• Sumtime77
    Sumtime77 Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

I was getting the same error so I followed the steps above. The error was annoying but I wish I had thought about it before logging out, clearing my cache, etc. Once I got back in all my bonuses were gone 😭. I had quite a few of some of them, too. So, something to consider.

• JustSerfin
    Options

Another reason I'm not doing that. I know someone (my Aunt) who was on level 500-something & for no (known) reason she lost everything & was dropped down to level 1! A couple hours later she when back & she was back where she was before. Makes no sense. Yet somebody tells me to do something in which I would lose everything (yet doesn't even bother to tell me that)....nope, not doing it. Any idea how pissed I'd be if I had done that only to find out then all my stuff was gone?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hi there @JustSerfin 😀

when I say, "logging out" I mean going in profile settings and clicking the option like this,

But I understand you have a different settings configuration?

The level to pass can be an old easy level too, the game would try to reconnect to the server anyway. 😀

If troubleshooting didn't work then I suggest to contact Player Support directly from your game. There has been an issue that involved Fb- connected players some weeks ago but something may still going on here and Player Support can look into your game.

To contact Player Support: click settings icon - click "?" icon - "my game progress" - you can choose any option like "how do I save my progress" - then scroll down and click "contact us"- fill in the form explaining your problem and send

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi @Sumtime77 and welcome

If you have a Facebook account or King to save your progress with, logging and clearing cache or cookies and the other steps should NOT cause you to lose boosters. Unistalling soda app does cause boosters loss.

Troubleshooting is the standard procedure to apply Player Support advise players to do before contacting them. Most of the time errors can be luckily solved this way. when it doesn't work then contacting Support is the go to option. The last resort ever would be reinstalling the app.

If boosters were lost during simple troubleshooting then I would think a glitch happened unfortunately. not sure if this is the case but I saw cases where too many boosters stored (hundreds of them) unfortunately caused a malfunction of the app

• Sumtime77
    Sumtime77 Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

I didn't delete the app just the other stuff. Unfortunately boosters were lost and my daily login progress was too.

• JustSerfin
    Options

Whenever I try to contact Player Support all I get is an auto-response email telling me to come to the community so that is pretty useless….yet even when I come here it takes quite a while to get anything that helps.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?