What's happening in Soda in May? πŸ–οΈπŸΉ
πŸ†πŸ–οΈ Soda Summer Season is here!
πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³New Accessibility features are coming to Soda!

πŸ†πŸΉ Claim your Soda Cup Badge!
Qualifers // Quarters // Semis // Finals

Internet problem?

Options
Saving_Bears
Saving_Bears Posts: 4 Newbie

Help needed. I play Candy Crush soda on my desktop computer. I play on Facebook and through the microsoft store. For about 3 days or so I get the following message on both: " Race can't be updated. Reconnect of see how you are doing." On FB when I click on it the second time the race team appears. But the game is 3 levels behind on on the MS game (should be the same level as it does not moved up when I did win games on MS site game). On the MS games when I click on it the 2econd time the same message appears. Also in the booster part is keeps saying I can only click on 2 square a day but this is the 3rd day and won"t let me click on another square. I have a reward to claim but keeps saying I am not connected to the internet. Not sure what to do. All help is welcomed. Thanks

1 Comment

Comment

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @Saving_Bears and welcome to Soda community πŸ™‚

Soda is moving away from Facebook so it's possible less features and events will be available eventually.

For some players it's not possible to claim prizes from episode race on windows 10 app (they appear locked) unless they create a King account. Not sure if this is the type of error you see.

Anyway creating a King account and syncing your progress between Facebook account and King account is easy:

• visit king.com on your laptop/pc, go to "games" section and create a King account. Then go to your settings and link it to your Facebook account (follow these steps)
    • After this you'll be able to enter your King account credentials and find all your progress

As for the connection error, is it possible you see a red message saying "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" when you visit your profile settings?

• Saving_Bears
    Saving_Bears Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Hi Pitty_Kitty. I just tried to make a King account and I did get the red message you mentioned. Not sure what to do know. Thanks for your help

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello @Saving_Bears

Got it, thank you. Let's see what we can do.

For starters please go to www.king.com on laptop/pc and create a King account. Then sync the progress between King account and Facebook account. This type of procedure I mentioned above can't be done neither on Soda app nor on a mobile device.

After completing this step, no matter what happens, your progress is saved and you can log in to your King account from any Soda app and device afterwards

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

This type of error is a different matter

In that case, I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me once

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the remaining option is uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

This type of error may be caused by various reasons and it often signals the app got corrupted.

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it.

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

If you purchased items but you didn't use them, you may try asking Player Support for a replacement.

To contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "gold bars and purchases"- "why haven't I received my prize"- scroll down and click "contact us". Explain your problem and send.

If you don't play on mobile app then contact Support from here

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More info here.

It's not ideal at all but it will allow you to play normally again.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?