major problems with candy crush soda saga crashing when playing videos and also shutting down

Options

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello @lynnesg !

If you were saving your game progress with a King account/Facebook account/apple account in your ipad Soda app and saw no particular connection error message then you should be able to log in to the same account in your iphone Soda app, using the same credentials and find the same progress that you have in ipad.

If you don't have an account in your ipad to save your progress then I advise you to create one 🙂

I have Soda apps installed both in my Samsung device and Windows pc and with my King account progress and gold bars are synced through King servers. Boosters won't be synced however, each device stores boosters separatedly, in their own local storage. So, just you know, if you ever uninstall Soda app in one device, that device boosters will be permanently lost while progress and gold bars will be always retrievable

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

@lynnesg @mahjongger if iOS can't be updated to the latest version then it's possible that the best game experience won't be guaranteed, unfortunately. It's what Support (customer service) tells us 🤷‍♀️

Though I can try and ask community manager's opinion in this, to hopefully confirm the nature of this issue

Please provide these infos:

• make and model of your device
    • latest version of iOS installed in your device
    • latest version of Soda app installed in your device
    • game user ID of your game account. To find this unique number, tap twice on the King logo you see at the top in profile settings of Soda app . More infos here

(Please don't share personal infos such as your email addresses. For your safety and privacy, they're not allowed on the forum)

Thanks

• mahjongger
    mahjongger Posts: 46 Level 2
    Options

I am curious as to why I can play Candy Crush Saga without any problems, can watch all the videos there but can't do it on

Candy Crush Soda Saga!

Ipad mini 2

IOS 12.5.5

user id: 8004771843

version - 1.220.2

I am on level 3685

I appreciate your help!

• mahjongger
    Options

Oh no! I can't help you with that. I don't play it on my phone. Sometimes if you "google" your question you can find help.

I see that we have both been contacted by Pitty_Kitty so maybe we can figure things out. I sent the info she requested, hope

you can do the same.

good luck!

• lynnesg
    lynnesg Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

Thanks for all your concern! I'm going to call it a day, now that I can play Soda on the iPhone. Hate it though because the screen is so much smaller than the iPad. I will log in every day on the iPad with the hope it will only crash a few times instead of every time! Obviously, I won't bother clicking on bonuses or boosters, just will do without because who's got that much time what with the starting over thing. You might have some luck with Pitty Kitty now on the case - I will keep looking over any responses you get. Good Luck!!

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @lynnesg I understand, but if you could provide your details as well it'd help a lot because at least it shows it's not an isolated case 😅 do ask if you need help with finding any of the infos in your ipad

It sounds like you both have the same issues but now we're not 100% sure if they're originated from the same cause

I just returned from work now so I'm yet to forward @mahjongger details but I will within the next hours so feel free to add your gaming details

Thanks

• FluffyDinosaur
    FluffyDinosaur Posts: 2,386 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @mahjongger and @lynnesg - I'm really sorry to say but it seems like your devices may not be new enough to play Soda properly. I'm glad to hear that other King games still work, how the games work and what type of hardware they need to be played can differ slightly. We're investigating this internally to see if anything can be done to make it playable on your devices. I'll let you know if we have any updates!

• mahjongger
    Options

thanks! It does seem like the age of my Ipad is against me! I can play Candy Crush Soda Saga as long as I don't

play the videos. Sure would be nice if anything else can be done. I appreciate your help!

• mahjongger
    Options

well, I decided to go ahead and buy a new mini Ipad! So far all seems to be working well and I can watch the videos for Candy Crush Soda Saga and receive the boosters etc. Hated to break down and do this but the Ipad was on sale so got

some consolation there. Hopefully it will work well for another 9 years!

• mahjongger
    Options

Hi lynnesg, I saw a mini ipad 6 on sale so went ahead and bought it and that has solved my problems with Candy Crush Soda Saga! What a shame to spend the money but am justifying it with the fact that everything else runs so much smoother now so I guess I was really ready for a new one. Sigh. Good luck with yours , hope you can find a work around for it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?