💭 Let us know what you think about Streaks in game 🍬

Options
FluffyDinosaur
FluffyDinosaur Posts: 2,406 Community Manager
edited September 2023 in Discussions

Hi Soda players 👋

We'd like to ask you a bit about how you like the Streaks features in Soda. Please take a look at the questions below, and if possible answer all of them as thoroughly as you can!

In Candy Crush Soda Saga we have three different type of streaks:

1) Daily Login Rewards

2) Treasure Hunt

3) Rainbow Streak

1. In your opinion, do these streaks somehow affect or impact the way you play the game? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning.
  2. Is it important for you to keep the streaks going? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning.
  3. In your usual gameplay, what are some of the things you have done to keep up a streak? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning.
  4. What is your opinion about the rewards received from these streaks? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning.
  5. What is your favorite streak and why?
  6. What is you least favorite streak and why?
  7. Do you have any final thoughts you would like to share about the streak-system? (e.g. likes, dislikes, feedback, improvements, etc.)

Thank you for helping us make Soda even Sweeter! 🍬

Comments

• Courtney1990
    Courtney1990 Posts: 1,442 Level 5
    Options

All 3 streak games are brilliant

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,664 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello Soda players. We need your feedback and please answer all questions thoughtfully 🤗

This is really important to us.

@_Elsa_@1Tasha1@200mimis@2easy@AaronMedina@actipton80@Adav@Ahmed733310@Aidenliam02@aijaziqbal@Alexandra_Tang@ALIXKATERINE@Aly_80@alyn78@amingy@Amoonmoon@Anahita_2005@andie78t@Andres-2@armansedat@Athalie@Barry_Dean_Clark@batman27@bearwithme@bekicrusher@betchiegrl29@Beth_Mc_Hugh@BigBossWaugh@BlueberryCupcake@Boybinary@BQN537@Brett_Hancock@Bricorn@Brittany1989@Cagnes@Candycrush26@candycrushinit@CassD@Cathiecc2111@Cats4Caz@CerbeRus777@Chakra@chessyL@ChrisMiller@Clover417@cmwithdar1@Courtney1990@crabapple@criscount@dabobster@Dawnvanblommestein@daysgoby@Debbie32@deblg@DeepshikhaSharan@DGenevieve@DieOmimi@eddie76@ejurjane@ElisedeJong@EnergizerBunny@enochlarry123@EOTheGr8@Erika0811@ericamitchell@EweNaNa@fabke@Filly_McBean@Fish_Candy@fleeta@Fonda_Smith@GeileTortenBerlin@Geogat12@giotaki@Glenn1972@GlenysB@Goldenswordz@gordan10@GrammaGaming@greddycandy@Gumyupawpaw@Hana_adamczak@Havish@hechicerilla@Hell66@hephzibelle@HMoore5456@hudus@hzakikian@Iffu2@irene46@istuff@jasmineshanae90@jayteedy@Jelly_bean_hearts@jellyjean@johamilton@JONH10@JT89@juan0420@Julie1988@justinhertz@Kabir_Shaik@katarzsic@kawaiifofu@KCullen127@Kerrie@keshavrf@kiara_wael@Kiki_g@KingsDaughter14@KingShuvo@LadyGaivman@Lady_Sarina@lakiere@La Ley@LazariHampton@LeFlarcane@lely123@Lemurtek@lindseyNmuir@Lindz1026@Lisal6715@lorilm1972@LuciLu8@lunilla@maf34100@Magic_Mixer@Magnolia4@MaineMom218@marebear1264@MaryLuyo2020@me6412@mich4429@MiladyR@mimibrandi@mmurray7707@moe75@Moh1977@MollyS@Mommabear1269@MountainMom@msgraca@Mxmx@Nadia1770@naenae1418@namal_butt_01@NatalieG@ndd_2023@Nenikapaki@Nikolaos_Prodromidis@ObscureCow@Orangemoon@Palash_Sarma@PattyMan@PattyRae@PaulaB1@PaulaCarrollGeibBeem@paul5473@Pcj@penken@Peti321@pillow6@Pitty_Kitty@Poutsy@praiselove@pratimadangol@Precious0914@Princess_Jessica@princesstina723@PummyRaj@Purpleking@Purplelife_50@QueebBee1970@Racoon7@Raerobbie@rebelchild@Riri2@RNKmac@Roary2020@rosemariepahayo1@RosesDestiny68@Rox7383@Sabrina_Spellman@SabrinaM@santo_chris97@SApple2@shafer223@Shina04@showyou@simplyP@siti_payung@skygal777@smnafiz@Soda_bottelet@stacey0909@SteelWolf@steventseng@Sukanta_Biswas@Sumtime77@SUZANCE@suzekit@swabby@Tamara73@Tanu_chauhan_1001@tashanight3@task7n@Tasty_Cake@teasir@teeweiping@teresawallace44@Terri_1@Thmo@tininha1975@tokasa13@Toussaint73@Tracy_Lane@tratelqalam@Trishy68@Twi@Tzvi_Marcu@upperlevel@vanesitamona77@VickMtz@viviana1@vonkizh@Wells86@Werner_Cichy@Whodeet1@Xxander@Yaz_Milani@Yorben_Goeree

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,099 Candy Moderator
    edited September 2023
    Options

I love playing Soda and try and play it every day, sometimes playing an episode at a time.

1. In your opinion, do these streaks somehow affect or impact the way you play the game? The streaks do impact how I play the game. I always try and keep my rainbow streak because I find I really need those boosters to try and win new levels (especially above 5000). I just wish you wouldn't go back all the way to zero if you don't win one level.
    2. Is it important for you to keep the streaks going?  I really don't see a reason to keep the daily streak going, even though it is helpful, I don't really see an increase of this benefit over time and I currently have a streak of over 400 going. I do feel it is very important to keep the treasure hunt going because I currently have the best of the wonderballs and don't want to lose getting all those fantastic prizes. I also try and keep the rainbow streak going (please see answer above).
    3. In your usual gameplay, what are some of the things you have done to keep up a streak? With the treasure hunt - when Batula pops up on his own - if I am not in a position or ready to spend time winning a bunch of new levels (to keep my streak), I will exit the game and not play until I have the time to spend focused on the game and winning the necessary levels to keep the streak and win the wonderball. I just wish I could pick when I want Batula to appear (if you haven't used him for awhile - he doesn't give you a choice and will automatically appear).
    4. What is your opinion about the rewards received from these streaks? As I have mentioned above - the final wonderball you can receive from Batula (Treasure Hunt) has fantastic prizes and is definitely worth all the effort to keep that streak alive! Keeping the full rainbow streak is also worthwhile especially on the harder levels. However I don't really see an increase in benefits for keeping the daily streak going, since in order to keep the rainbow streak alive, I need to win each level the first time, so I have no need for 2 hours of unlimited lives and the worth of the prizes doesn't really increase/benefit me day after day. I would be nice if we could 'win' +3moves from one of these streaks - maybe the daily reward once you go past 100 days or so.
    5. What is your favorite streak and why? I think my favorite over all is the rainbow streak since it helps me every day and I just need to win a level first time to keep it going - but please change it back to where you only go down a bottle and not back to the beginning if you lose a level. The treasure hunt has greater rewards but takes a lot more to keep the streak going.
    6. What is you least favorite streak and why? As mentioned above - the daily login rewards is my least favorite - not much 'bang for my buck' to keep that streak alive. I enjoy the reward but don't really see the benefit of keeping a streak alive with this one.
    7. Do you have any final thoughts you would like to share about the streak-system? I think the streak systems are great and would like to see a revamp of the daily login reward - maybe increase the number of boosters and make some of them not timed (and maybe even add +3 moves if your streak is long enough).

😊🐨💕

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,687 Friends Moderator
    Options

@FluffyDinosaur I'll take the daily login series as an example. However, the feedback could apply to the other streaks:

1. Yes, I make sure I log in daily. I either play new levels or at least 4 in a row. Depending on the bonus (I like the color candy best) I play new levels. However, I don't play much when I don't have enough time. 

2. Yes, there are two rewards daily for daily login from day 7.

3. I logged in daily. I was on Streak 1.489 on my Windows laptop before the last faulty update, so you can see that I've always been careful to keep my streak going. Due to the faulty Windows update, the series is unfortunately interrupted through no fault of my own. If I can play on Windows again, I'll start with day 1. 

4. I know exactly what reward I will receive on which day. From day 7 I get at least 30 minutes of endless life and additionally a color bomb or color candy or double fish. 

5. see answer 3 (daily login series was at 1,489 and was reset through no fault of my own).

6. All steaks are important! There is no one I don't like or don't like less. All of them are helpful in their own way.

7. I would like to see a daily winning streak restored for free if the fault is not with the player.

• SApple2
    SApple2 Posts: 2,734 Level 5
    Options

I. In your opinion, do these streaks somehow affect or impact the way you play the game?

Yes, these streaks impact the way I play the game.

a.) Daily Login Rewards - the booster helps in completing the levels and the timed life helps in reaching Wonderball because it allows me to repeat the level if I can't complete it in one try. It would be nice if the life can be extended to at least an hour.

b.) Treasure Hunt - this allows me to get extra boosters especially the Supersonic which is necessary to complete the hardest level and also to get longer life to help me to continue playing.

c.) Rainbow Streak - this is especially helpful in completing the level because it gives me more than one type of boosters. It also motivates me to keep the streak going so I can complete the level more easily.

II. Is it important for you to keep the streaks going?

Yes. I have explained it above.

III. In your usual gameplay, what are some of the things you have done to keep up a streak?

a.) Daily Login Rewards - log in daily.

b.) Treasure Hunt - I tried to complete the levels all the way to where Wonderball is in one sitting so I can win the race and in the process get the infinite life and not lose the Legendary status. I make sure I have the time to do this.

c.) Rainbow Streak - I make sure I have accumulated enough lollipops only to be used as necessary but even if I lose the streak, I can gain it back.

IV. What is your opinion about the rewards received from these streaks?

In Rainbow Streak, it would be nice to get the color bomb from the onset along with the coloring bomb and fish and to revert back to the old way of only losing one bottle at a time not all.

V. What is your favorite streak and why? VI. What is you least favorite streak and why?

I don't really have a particular favorite or least favorite for all three are useful in completing the game.

VII. Do you have any final thoughts you would like to share about the streak-system?

Since a some of the levels are difficult to complete, I'm glad to have these features for they make the game playable. If you are stuck and there's no other way or means to complete then the tendency is to give up all together. In order for it to be enjoyable, it needs to have some form of assistance if you create a level very difficult or even close to impossible to finish.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,742 Sweet Legend
    Options

Q. In your opinion, do these streaks somehow affect or impact the way you play the game? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning.

My Answer:

Daily Login Rewards - I look forward to getting my daily reward. Depending on what the reward is also determines whether I will play a few levels or just a couple of them. If I get the coloring candy + free lives I will use it to my advantage. If I get a fish + free lives that is not useful enough to continue trying to clear the new levels. The coloring candy or color bomb reward is much better.

Treasure Hunt - It's nice to receive but if I'm not having a good day and I close the game when I open the game the following day it always tells me that I didn't use it in time (24 hours) and it moves me backwards.

Rainbow Streak - it's enjoyable as long as I win each level on the first try. If I don't clear a level because I don't feel like paying for extra moves or buying boosters, the streak ends and it goes back to the beginning. This does not make me a very happy player. It's not always easy to clear the level on the first try unless I make purchases. Please change it to just move back one and not all of them.

Q.Is it important for you to keep the streaks going? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning.

My Answer: The only streak that is important for me to keep the streak going is the Daily Login. If I miss a day then it brings me back to Day 1 and then I have to wait until Day 7 to get two rewards again. Although I always open the game every day I have noticed that a couple of times it went back to Day 1 on its own. The other two streaks aren't as important because I would have to buy boosters or extra moves in order to keep those streaks going.

Q.In your usual gameplay, what are some of the things you have done to keep up a streak? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning?

My Answer: For the Daily Login, I just make sure to open the game every day. Unfortunately, for the other two streaks what I have done to keep it going, although not often, is to buy boosters or extra moves just to keep it going. It's costly and I can't afford it on my income.

Q.What is your opinion about the rewards received from these streaks? Please explain your answer with an example referring to one of the three streaks and name the chosen streak (either: 1) Daily Login Rewards, 2) Treasure Hunt, 3) Rainbow Streak) at the beginning.

My Answer:

Daily Login Rewards - I know that a lot of Soda players really want the free moves but it's not as important to me because if the level that I am doing is too difficult I won't even use my 5 moves. I would give up and go to another candy crush game instead. So maybe if the studio could break up the rewards a bit and maybe offer two good rewards such as a coloring candy + striped lollipop, that would be cool! Or maybe a color bomb + hand switch, that would be cool too! Maybe alternate the reward + free moves for a couple of days and then break it up with two great boosters!

Treasure Hunt - Once I was able to make it the Epic and Legendary and those rewards were great. However, if the time runs out before I come back to the game it takes me back and those rewards are not as good.

Rainbow Streak - Since the rewards for this streak are added into the game when it opens, I have no issue with any of the rewards. It's just losing a level on the first try and going back to the beginning is no fun! Maybe if the studio set it up as just going back one and not all would make it more appealing to me.

Q.What is your favorite streak and why?

My Answer: I really can't choose a favorite streak because two of the three requires more effort to keep them going (Treasure Hunt and Rainbow Streak). I guess I would have to say the Daily Login but I would love to see it updated with different boosters.

Q.What is you least favorite streak and why?Do you have any final thoughts you would like to share about the streak-system? (e.g. likes, dislikes, feedback, improvements, etc.)

My Answer: The least favorite streak at the moment would be the Treasure Hunt because it expires too soon. Maybe if it was changed where it could be available for 48 or 72 hours instead of 24 hours I wouldn't feel the defeat as much.

Improvements:

Daily Login - I would like to see more boosters such as the lollipop boosters, and also less timed boosters. So I would love to see the color bomb + lollipop or coloring candy + lollipop or hand switch. The fish doesn't do much for me so I'd rather see it replaced with a lollipop.

Treasure Hunt - increase the timer for this streak from 24 hours to 48 or 72 hours.

Rainbow Streak - allow the streak to just move back one reward and not go back to the beginning where we have to restart the streak all over again.

• PaulaB1
    PaulaB1 Posts: 683 Level 3
    Options

1. In your opinion, do these streaks somehow affect or impact the way you play the game?

Yes, All the streaks affect how I play. I love the Daily bonus and it helps me to win the rainbow streak and Treasure hunt.

2.In your usual gameplay, what are some of the things you have done to keep up a streak?

I log in every day for the Daily bonus, sometimes I have used boosters to win a level to keep the rainbow streak or to get to the Wonderball .

3. Is it important for you to keep the streaks going?

Yes as I explained above.

4. What is your opinion about the rewards received from these streaks?

I like the rewards recieved, especially the Wonderballs when get to the higher levels.

5. What is your favorite streak and why?  6What is you least favorite streak and why?

I like them all equally, especially when I was just notified that I would no longer lose all my bottles in the Rainbow streak. just one at a time.

7. Do you have any final thoughts you would like to share about the streak-system?

I really like them, sometimes you get a difficult level and the boosters help you to complete it.

Improvements:

Treasure Hunt - increase the timer for this streak from 24 hours to maybe 48 hours without having to spend gold bars to extend it I am very frugal with my gold bars LOL.

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 11,574 Friends Moderator
    Options

I echo all the comments from @bearwithme. She did an excellent job of expressing her (and my) sentiments.

• bubbal
    bubbal Posts: 43 Level 2
    edited September 2023
    Options

*Edited by CM: 😳 You seem to be lost and in the wrong thread! Please keep it in topic - Our House Rules

• ZoLOLogist
    ZoLOLogist Posts: 98 Level 2
    Options

In your opinion, do these streaks somehow affect or impact the way you play the game?

• Daily Login Rewards: I don't care about keeping up with this streak. There is no reason to do so. You get the same thing whether you keep up with the streak or not. The actual reward is great, though. Those two hours the booster is going are when I play most.
    • Treasure Hunt: I keep up with this one, and pay attention to it. I make sure to play until I get to the Legendary wonderball at the very least, which means I then have 24 hours to get to the next one. I actually try to play until right before I get to the next one so I just have to play one game the next day to get the 4 hour unlimited lives.
    • Rainbow Streak I do try to win the first time on every level.

Is it important for you to keep the streaks going? 

• Daily Login Rewards: Not important at all
    • Treasure Hunt: Very important
    • Rainbow Streak: Important

In your usual gameplay, what are some of the things you have done to keep up a streak? 

• Daily Login Rewards: Nothing.
    • Treasure Hunt: I will play a little more than I really want to in order to keep up with it.
    • Rainbow Streak: I try to use additional boosters in order to increase my chances of winning a level the first time.

What is your opinion about the rewards received from these streaks? 

• Daily Login Rewards: I like the rewards. I would like an additional little incentive to keep up with it. It doesn't have to be that good. Toss me a standard color bomb or a fish booster when I've kept up with it for 100 days.
    • Treasure Hunt: The rewards are an essential part of my gameplay.
    • Rainbow Streak: The rewards greatly increase my ability to play.

What is your favorite streak and why?

Treasure Hunt, with Rainbow Streak being a close second.

What is you least favorite streak and why?

Daily Login Rewards, but only because it doesn't make much sense as a streak. Otherwise, it is wonderful, and I concentrate most of my gameplay around the two-hour period when the booster is active.

Do you have any final thoughts you would like to share about the streak-system?

I preferred it when you only lost one level on the Rainbow Streak when you lost a level. I actually played a little more when that was the case. When I lose my streak completely, it just feels like such a big mountain to climb to get back where I was, and I just lose interest for the day.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?